Machine Shop/auto Shop

Maejo Man

I am looking for a good auto machine shop, but sadly after looking around I have found nothing. Has anybody used, or know of a suitable machine shop? I need to do a pre production run of approximately 2,000 parts in m/steel, and the machine would need to have a spindle bore of 18-20 mm.

Yeah I know it's not the sort of fun post for a sunday morning, but any help would be apreciated...MM

I am looking for a good auto machine shop, but sadly after looking around I have found nothing. Has anybody used, or know of a suitable machine shop? I need to do a pre production run of approximately 2,000 parts in m/steel, and the machine would need to have a spindle bore of 18-20 mm.

Yeah I know it's not the sort of fun post for a sunday morning, but any help would be apreciated...MM

Would that be a "lathe" you are after ?? If so i will keep my eyes peeled. I am trying to find a half decent welder / fabricater at the mo, so may come across a lathe on my search.. Cheers..

I will eventually be moving my manufacturing operation over to CM (probably will be setup in next 6 months). Know this won't help you now but may in the future. I manufacture conversion kits for antique Dodge trucks (www.uglytruckling.com) and we will have both manual and CNC capability as well as myself doing Quality control. I also manufacture overhaul tooling for Sikorsky s61 and s64.

Would that be a "lathe" you are after ?? If so i will keep my eyes peeled. I am trying to find a half decent welder / fabricater at the mo, so may come across a lathe on my search.. Cheers..

Yup sure would be! An auto lathe. On your welder/fabricator you could give this one a go, as he has done some very good work for me in the past....The number is 09 636 9541 the guy's name is Boonchar, but you will need someone who speaks Thai, as he doesn't speak English....

I will eventually be moving my manufacturing operation over to CM (probably will be setup in next 6 months). Know this won't help you now but may in the future. I manufacture conversion kits for antique Dodge trucks (www.uglytruckling.com) and we will have both manual and CNC capability as well as myself doing Quality control. I also manufacture overhaul tooling for Sikorsky s61 and s64.

That's pretty good news Helitool. As you say it won't help me in the short term, but I'll certainly make a note for the future. Many thanks...MM

Yup sure would be! An auto lathe. On your welder/fabricator you could give this one a go, as he has done some very good work for me in the past....The number is 09 636 9541 the guy's name is Boonchar, but you will need someone who speaks Thai, as he doesn't speak English....

Thanks mate , will give him a buzz..

There is a place I have used in the past. If you enter Bamrung Road from Charoen Muang, heading North. It is about the fifth door on the left, behind a fairly rough fence.

I am no expert in this matter, but these guys seem to know what they are doing and have the lathes etc. there.

There is a place I have used in the past. If you enter Bamrung Road from Charoen Muang, heading North. It is about the fifth door on the left, behind a fairly rough fence.

I am no expert in this matter, but these guys seem to know what they are doing and have the lathes etc. there.

Thanks for the info, I'll pay them a visit...MM

Thanks for the info, I'll pay them a visit...MM

There is a place called Lanna Ruam Chang across the road from carrefour, superhighway. I never tried them but my metal supplier recommended them ast the best in CM. Sorry dont have a number in hand.

PK

There is a place called Lanna Ruam Chang across the road from carrefour, superhighway. I never tried them but my metal supplier recommended them ast the best in CM. Sorry dont have a number in hand.

PK

Thanks for that, I'll also give that one a go. Pity I didn't see this earlier as I've just got back from Home Pro! Not to worry, tomorrow's another day. Thanks