What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

• 2 weeks later...

Indicator dash light just staying on,  all indicators working but not flashing. 

The bike has a 3 wires flasher module which i thought had failed but after a good clean up of contacts all good. 

I can even hear it clicking. ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 6:42 AM, roo860 said:

Went to Transport office, apply for new number plate, lost mine somewhere up in hills Chiang Dao.

105bt ready in about 1 month.

Lost my number plate on road 1 on Thursday coming home didn't notice until today.

Report to police I guess first the go DLT. 

IMG_20221225_101244.thumb.jpg.47880376b8135c06102309f60e6ba43c.jpg

Finally brought wife’s old beaten up Grand Filano back to life. New belt and discs, rectifier, fuel pump, new intake bellow, new cylinder and piston. Repaired the electrical harness which was the main cause she gave up the thing years ago… 
It’s a nice little scooter, great design with under floorboard tank that gives good underseat storage. Range 200-250 km on a tank. Very worthwhile to restore I think. And 30 cm shorter/80 kilo lighter than the Forza 350, which she has a hard time to handle.

Next thing I will fit bigger tires, it runs on skinny 70-profile 12” which gives a bloody harsh ride… Let’s see how wide 90 profile 12” I can fit????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Now running a CR10E plug up one heat range from CR9E. Read somewhere one heat range colder for every 1 point gain in compression ratio. 

Time will tell.

NGK is alone in making a larger number a colder plug

So a CR10E is actually colder than a CR9E

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Now running a CR10E plug up one heat range from CR9E. Read somewhere one heat range colder for every 1 point gain in compression ratio. 

Time will tell.

The difference in Thailand will tell you nowt buddy. 

40 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Not today but early December and a few days ago as I did multiple inspections.  Suspected cam chain tensioner was on its way out so decided to do a valve inspection as it is due.  Valves were out and changed shims.   Checked, and rechecked clearances 3 times.  Reassembled and thought all was good.  But this time more tapping than normal.  Mine also developed tapping when it had been on a run.  (common for ATs to tap when cold)  As if the AT isn't a pain enough already to strip down.    Stripped all the way back down and rechecked clearances.  All spot on.  I put it back together and still sounded like a late 70s early 80s 1.0 Ford Fiesta. 

I changed a few things on the way to the valves having done a few ATs in the past.  I replaced the harness and a few seal and coolant pipes.  Stripped down and found that the Spark Plug boot on the left of the AT which is a very tight boot wasn't pushed all the way down so it was arcing.  Didn't need to strip it if I had checked that first!  All good. Just waiting for a PSR cam chain tensioner as I originally suspected this was on its way out and it did fall apart in my hand, fortunately.

A bit of body repair and painting too.  Resprayed all panels and the tank.

IMG20221126121641.jpg

IMG20221201112210.jpg

IMG20221201120016.jpg

IMG20221216090855.jpg

IMG20221216091857.jpg

IMG20221227145222.jpg

IMG20221025172237.jpg

Adventuresome.!

On 1/2/2023 at 7:51 PM, Kwasaki said:

The difference in Thailand will tell you nowt buddy. 

I'm just going to look at the colour and avoid occasional preignition. 

Next will be my Indonesian fuel controller. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm just going to look at the colour and avoid occasional preignition. 

Next will be my Indonesian fuel controller. ????

I seems to me you look for trouble not improvements. ????????