Cabinet reshuffle aims at improving efficiency: PM

rooster59

prayut.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has insisted that the most recent reshuffle of the cabinet, published in the Royal Gazette on Nov 24, is intended to improve the government’s work efficiency, government spokesman Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said on Saturday (Nov 25).

The spokesman said Gen Prayut would like the people to have confidence in him and the new cabinet, which he said will follow the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s roadmap with improved efficiency.

The prime minister is unhappy to have left out some of the old cabinet members, but insists that the move was necessary. He also did not mind all criticisms which followed the recent reshuffle for seeing this as a normal occurrence, Lt Gen Sansern said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabinet-reshuffle-aims-improving-efficiency-pm/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-25

"Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Mr Weerasak’s predecessor, wrote a farewell letter in her own handwriting, saying that the past three years as tourism and sport minister was a valuable time in her life as she had worked with the people of all sectors, particularly those of a new generation, to develop the Thai tourism toward quality and sustainability."

I for one will miss you, for you have brought Thailand the delights of Pokemon tourists, changed Pattaya from the "Sin City" that it was, ensured tourists are in a safe place. Also stopped zero dollar tourists, brought the Kingdom the "Tour de France" , F1, the longest marathon in the world etc.

However, I will remember you as the great creator of the most unbeliverable statics ever.

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The spokesman said Gen Prayut would like the people to have confidence in him and the new cabinet, which he said will follow the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)’s roadmap with improved efficiency.

Three years on and he hopes the people have confidence in him ?  If he does not know, he should not be running the country.  He does not know because he is terrified if debate and free speech. 

The "road map" sounds like an organizational chart of a company I once worked for.  They hauled in this one employee and berated him for not keeping his superior informed.   My co-worker asked him when was the last time he received an email or call from his boss.  He said in March.  It was then September.  I laughed out loud.  It was obvious this employee had been forgotten and was just trying to be productive.  The sad thing was he was going great things and was being given a scolding.  The happing ending to the story was all of the top management was fired after causing great losses to the company. 

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Efficiency don’t happen without a good leader who has the vision, abilities and focus. He has no vision except to hold on to power through intimidation, no ability and experience to coordinate and plan and he is too distracted by mundane stuffs to focus. Doubt he cares as he is non accountable to the people. 

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has insisted that the most recent reshuffle of the cabinet .... is intended to improve the government’s work efficiency

If Prayut was the CEO of a publicly-traded company I don't think he wouldn't have lasted more than a year. Certainly not lasting more than three years. But fortunately unlike elected PM's, he'll never be the subject of a confidence vote.

20 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

How does one put efficiency and goverment into the same sentence?

Also, " He also did not mind all criticisms which followed "

Also...

Which is it, M'Lord?

'We have no problem with constructive criticisms just as long as nobody makes any'.

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Efficiency don’t happen without a good leader who has the vision, abilities and focus. He has no vision except to hold on to power through intimidation, no ability and experience to coordinate and plan and he is too distracted by mundane stuffs to focus. Doubt he cares as he is non accountable to the people. 

Right on all counts so far as I can see.

A legend in his own mind fer sure. 

So, when the PM said last month, that the government was doing it's best, he wasn't really telling the truth? Or did he just pick the old cabinet badly, so it's his fault personally?

Short memory he seems to have. Even for a nimrod.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has insisted that the most recent reshuffle of the cabinet, published in the Royal Gazette on Nov 24, is intended to improve the government’s work efficiency

EFFICIENCY? Oh, pass the Kleenex, I'm laughing so much! In power for 3 1/2 years and beggar-all to show for his hundred-and-one committees, councils and play-groups . . . the man doesn't know the meaning of the word. Go on, ask him . . . I dare you!

mauve.jpg

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:37 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

However, I will remember you as the great creator of the most unbeliverable statics ever.

Clever use of the word 'statics', there . . . most appropriate, whether intended or not. Her statistics aren't bad, either.

The reshuffle is not so much to do with improving efficiency. It is more about revenge and punishment on those ministers who caused Prayut a level of national embarrassment by bungling simple jobs or making themselves a laughing stock by publicly displaying their incompetence and stupidity. Plenty more where they came from.

Military generals even such as Prayut himself have no qualifications to run a country

15 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Right on all counts so far as I can see.

A legend in his own mind fer sure. 

Unfortunately he don’t see himself as the problem. He will go down in history as the longest unelected military leader in Thai history with little achievement.