Dash cams could be the 'sleeping policemen' that Thailand needs more than anything.

Ossy

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Step 3: Unless cops are all bent, I can't see how DHL could manipulate things to favour both company and/or driver.

DHL isn't the problem.  It's companies owned by the Elite of Thailand who will resist, kicking and screaming, any attempt to cut into their revenue stream or increase their operating costs.  It doesn't matter whether the cops are bent if the Elite can block any initiatives to make things safer by making them pay more to operate, or earn less.

18 hours ago, Ossy said:

In which case, we farangs set to work on 'sleeping policemen - phase 2 - enforcement'.

Step 1: Big truck, DCL let's say, police checked and Tacho showed excess hours.

Step 2: Truck taken off road and driver issued with bar-coded and numbered ticket and assisted, if necessary, in phoning home and for help, etc.

Step 3: Unless cops are all bent, I can't see how DHL could manipulate things to favour both company and/or driver.

But, then again, my innocent farang mind isn't used to 'working around' laws of inconvenience. Any less innocent law benders, out there, to tear a hole in my life-saving initiative? :post-4641-1156693976:

A large number of the trucks that operate in our district are either owned by or connected to the police so it would probably all fall down at step 1 unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

I just had a car camera installed. I dont understand the instructions. Does anyone elses screen just go dark for long periods ? Anyone know of a Forum that answers questions about  those things ? 

Is it powered from the Accessories (cigarette )socket?  There might be  voltage drop at times... as the same circuit runs the Socket, any GPS's, the Radio etc

I had similar problem, so installed a separate 12V circuit loom, straight from the Accessories Fuse at the box 

8 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

I just had a car camera installed. I dont understand the instructions. Does anyone elses screen just go dark for long periods ? Anyone know of a Forum that answers questions about  those things ? 

Try raising it as a new topic or ask TV support (More/contact us)

8 hours ago, tifino said:

Is it powered from the Accessories (cigarette )socket?  There might be  voltage drop at times... as the same circuit runs the Socket, any GPS's, the Radio etc

I had similar problem, so installed a separate 12V circuit loom, straight from the Accessories Fuse at the box 

Yes, powered by cig lighter socket. A CD player is the only other accessory ( hard wired ). The camera  just all goes off for a while ( not a light on the side or anything ) , then comes back on when I stop or go very slow. As I say , the instruction manual is almost impossible to read. I paid 3500 for it and an install , I see the cam now on Lasada and its only worth a 1000 or so. I guess I have to go back to them...