Surin Beach vendors call for a management solution

webfact

Surin Beach vendors call for a management solution

After the beach management started Surin Beach has been turned into a restricted beach area - any action of encroachment is prohibited in the area.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_2220.jpg 

About 100 beach vendors and retailers gathered on Surin Beach today (November 27), calling for a solution after 3 years of beach ‘management’ where they were promised, but still haven’t received, a venue to make a living.

The group of locals filed letters of complaints, as well as suggestions, to the President of Cherngtalay OrBorTor, Thalang District Chief, Phuket’s Governor and the Land Department Director General to find a solution together.

“We are gathering today to ask the Cherngtalay OrBorTor to find a place for people to make a living after they destroyed the buildings that the OrBorJor originally built for the local people, including all the vending stalls. It’s been 3 years and we would like them to urgently work on this as the locals are in trouble,” said Pradab Koliyanon and Teeradech Kongsittidech from the group.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/surin-beach-vendors-call-management-solution

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-11-28

3 years??? 

I recall the catch me and my beach stuff if you can stopped january 2559.

How did they make a living in the last year? Go on this way. The bellies of this vendors clearly shows they have enough money and don't have to eat Mama.

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Heaven forbid they go out and look for a job.  Isn't Surin beach supposed to stay a "virgin beach" due to the King going there years ago?  Why don't these vendors go and rent a shop somewhere and ply their trade etc.

Heaven forbid they call for something they were promised. Let's just get rid of your livelihood, promise you an alternative and when  we don't come up with the goods we can chastise you and tell you to 'get a job' 

5 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Heaven forbid they call for something they were promised. Let's just get rid of your livelihood, promise you an alternative and when  we don't come up with the goods we can chastise you and tell you to 'get a job' 

Correct.  We all know that empty promises occur quite frequently here, especially in regards to the gov't.  While waiting for the golden handout, why not go get a job and be self sufficient?  

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

well that went over your head

You're hilarious Jr.  I've never seen you on the Phuket forum so I'd dare say you don't know what's been going on with these encroachers all these years.  All these beach vendors do is take, take, take, then when a law gets enforced they protest.  Guaranteed they've paid no tax on their free reign they've had for all these years plying their trade on the Kings beach.  As you were Jr.