Does anyone know why every property is for sale near Grand Canyon?

stargazer9999

It's hard to go down that stretch of road without seeing almost every property for sale or for rent.  Is that legal land to own in CM? 

I think it's a pretty area to live in.  That's why I'm curious.  It can't help the people trying to sell a house there that every other neighbor is also trying to sell as well.   

Also it may be associated with bad spirits.  A lot of Thais won't go to the Grand Canyon because there have been a number of deaths at the site itself. Thais are very superstitious people, bad karma and all that.

I think you are right WTK although I think its got to do the Grand Canyon development and local expecting a bonanza. We looked at a house and land (about 2 rai) near there last year expecting it to be around the 6-7 mil baht range. They wanted 10 mil baht!   Another place was 4 rai with no house, 8 mil baht! I don't think they will sell in a hurry.

In other words it's just greed.  A bit like some rental owners increasing the rent... they don't need to but would rather  leave the place empty than take a loss of face if they don't get an increase in rental income.

Crazy stuff.  I've seen it time and again with these townhouses. Possible client is willing to take on a long term lease if a bit of discount is given. Owner says no, then the property remains empty for the next 2 years.

What's the saying?  Half a loaf is better than no bread.

Oh no....I'm Thai and would rather starve than lose face. Crazy

12 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

In other words it's just greed.  A bit like some rental owners increasing the rent... they don't need to but would rather  leave the place empty than take a loss of face if they don't get an increase in rental income.

Crazy stuff.  I've seen it time and again with these townhouses. Possible client is willing to take on a long term lease if a bit of discount is given. Owner says no, then the property remains empty for the next 2 years.

What's the saying?  Half a loaf is better than no bread.

Oh no....I'm Thai and would rather starve than lose face. Crazy

Do you think it could be that actually the owner is not starving and is happy to wait for the right price, after all, youre talking about long term leases, surely it would be the fool who takes the early low offers?

13 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Also it may be associated with bad spirits.  A lot of Thais won't go to the Grand Canyon because there have been a number of deaths at the site itself. Thais are very superstitious people, bad karma and all that.

Not bad karma, that would be personal, they are afraid of ghosts.

34 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Do you think it could be that actually the owner is not starving and is happy to wait for the right price, after all, youre talking about long term leases, surely it would be the fool who takes the early low offers?

Agreed, nothing more foolish than giving cheap rent to people with cats, bad credit, and can't clean an a/c filter.

I'm one of the people with a house for sale there at the moment, It's a lovely area - very popular with expats. The national park is just up the road, the Thai locals are all pretty nice. 

Never heard anything about people being afraid of ghosts from the Grand Canyon , I mean people die on the roads here all the time.

There are a lot of foreigners and it's a lovely place. I'd guess some of those who bought very early on are selling to make some money and maybe move somewhere quieter again (like I said it's popular now with foreigners). At one point the land here was really cheap, dirt cheap, those big holes in the ground everywhere is from the earth they shipped out to build the ring roads ages ago, or that's what I heard.

I'm selling because kids will be leaving Panyaden school soon, which is close to Namphrae (this area) and one of the reasons we moved here and business dictates a move. Apart from that I'd be perfectly happy to stay here, it's very pleasant although the big roadworks is a bit of a pain at the moment.