WEEKLY CYCLING group, anyone?

Nellaa

Hello everyone!

I love to cycle, but I feel that it's always more fun when I'm cycling with someone else rather than alone. If you feel like me, how about we start a cycling group in Pattaya.

I suggest weekly meetups, where we gather with our bikes, choose a direction and start exploring. The organisation of the group would be flexible and welcoming to all enthusiasts, whether beginner or experienced.

I lived previously in Chengdu, China. We had a huge group of people meet twice a month to cycle the city at night. The organisers would vent with a custom made speaker set placed on a cart - playing techno, drum and bass, dub and club hits. It was a magical experience. Who knows, maybe we can eventually do something cool like that too! But we can start with just cycling for now :)

What do you think?

There will be bike groups around town I see them often around Wat Yan and Silverlakes but I don't know who or where to contact. 

I know there are Bike hashers living around Pattaya, maybe you can watch the Bangkok Bike Hash schedule for when they have a ride down here that you can join, or perhaps send an email to them.

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

There will be bike groups around town I see them often around Wat Yan and Silverlakes but I don't know who or where to contact. 

I know there are Bike hashers living around Pattaya, maybe you can watch the Bangkok Bike Hash schedule for when they have a ride down here that you can join, or perhaps send an email to them.

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Thank you for the tips! Im happy to know something of the likes is already happening. 

9 hours ago, SidJames said:

There's purpose built 20Km bike track built up behind Silverlakes that runs through the forests there,

Vehicular traffic (cars etc) is actually blocked from using it.

I understand it was built under the instruction of HRH

That track is closed at the moment, but due to reopen soon, they're installing railings and fences along the steep hillsides now

Most bike shops like NumChai in Naklua has rides every Sunday and organize the occasional regional races from time to time

On 11/29/2017 at 5:59 PM, digbeth said:

That track is closed at the moment, but due to reopen soon, they're installing railings and fences along the steep hillsides now

Most bike shops like NumChai in Naklua has rides every Sunday and organize the occasional regional races from time to time

Darn, I was about to head there to cycle! Need to check out the bike shops now

17 hours ago, Nellaa said:

Darn, I was about to head there to cycle! Need to check out the bike shops now

The area around there, especially Wat Yan is pretty good to cycle on, moderate hills and light traffic save the few odd tourist coach 

Otherwise in the city centre, there's Pratamnak hills which has jogging/cycling tracks closed to car traffic, a bit short at only 6-8Km per loop but can be quite steep

Top end of Nerm Pleb Wan (farthest end from Sukhumvit) is a Temple. Meet in the car park of this temple.

Road bike rides from there every Monday and Off Road bike rides every Friday.  Be there between 9:10am and 9:20am ready to leave at 9:30am sharp !.