Annual pilgrimage to Immigration at Hua Hin.

worrab

Had the pleasure of the annual jaunt today and as usual was an absolute joy. Those of us who use this Immigration Office are so blessed compared to some. Went to renew the extension of stay based on retirement and having arrived just before opening at 08.30 became number 2 for this renewal. Was out the door done and dusted at 09.15 with passport stamped and signed and a re-entry permit as well. The young lad, well younger than me, also did my 90 day report which I did not expect as it was not due until January 2018! Only extra requirement/paperwork, as mentioned by another member, is a map of where you actually live. Luckily I was prepared for this with a Google map I had printed off the year previous which was not required then.

I also asked about the move of these Offices and he said it was soon and will be in Soi 88 with a larger building. So no date yet I am afraid but I know it will be before I return next year, maybe! 

So yes, all in all, a very pleasant experience with very helpful Officers who are always polite and nothing is too much trouble. 

I have recently moved to Nakhon Phanom, having worked and lived in Phuket for the last 11 years.

I used to dread going to Immigration there as you were never quite sure what paper work was needed "this time" and it took most of the morning, with flying visits out to get even more photo copies etc. lately with my extension of stay application you would have to collect the passport the next day.

So we arrive in Nakhon Phanom and do the 90 day report, nothing but smiles and advice on the paperwork we do "not" need to provide. Last week went to renew the extension of stay based on retirement, but when we got to the office the road outside had been closed off for some sort of  event. I have a chronic lung disease and the 500m walk was very difficult. We got into the office presented the paperwork, i had forgotten to sign one page, the female office took the paperwork into the back office and when she came back my wife mentioned the road closure, and my problem.  The passport and approved extension came from the back office within a couple of minutes, and the officer then insisted on taking my arm helping me outside into a police pickup and drove us back to our pickup via a diversion, stating that they are there to help where they can. We were in the office a very short time and i drove onto the next destination with a tear in my Eye, i just love it up here. 

Went to Hua Hin Immigration, Bluport Branch, this morning to file 90 day. IO told me no need for a TM 47 hereon as the info is now on their database yet, the receipt he issued is devoid of a barcode which I have had on the last two reports!

With one exception, I have received very good service from the Hua Hin office despite them having to reloca and yes, I believe that the quality of the customers goes a long way to 

• 1 month later...

If I stop off at hua hin IM for an extension if stay while in transit to Bkk how do I show an address?  I have not selected a hotel or used Agoda to book one yet.   Would I have to have a reservation booked and printed out?   I usually only book a day or two at a time.  

Edited by Elkski

On 01/01/2018 at 10:21 AM, Elkski said:

If I stop off at hua hin IM for an extension if stay while in transit to Bkk how do I show an address?  I have not selected a hotel or used Agoda to book one yet.   Would I have to have a reservation booked and printed out?   I usually only book a day or two at a time.  

Which kind of extension are you looking for?

I only need 15 days. I don't plan to return till July.     I remembered that joe said yesterday was a holiday so I'm going in BKK today.  With a  photo and passport B&W copy.    I worry there will be a post holiday crowd. 

I guess as a mostly law abiding , white, American, I've got used to not being scrutinized in my home country. But as I see the sheer numbers of folks here at BKK imagration I guess I can see the need for some system of control. 

Why not add drug testing, HIV testing?   Lol