Does Chaengwattana require a police report for a lost departure card?

I beg to differ. 3 weeks ago Changwattana immigration made me go the police station and file a report. When I came back they also wanted a copy of my passport to go with the report so i had to go downstairs and get one. They then went into the computer and wrote my old entry card number on the new card.

It's a stupid rule and the police are better off spending their time catching criminals rather than taking reports from careless farangs who lose their TM cards. I don't think the police will launch a task force or even investigate the loss of my TM card. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

I beg to differ. 3 weeks ago Changwattana immigration made me go the police station and file a report.

You must of gotten the wrong officer. Yours is first report I have seen in several years of them wanting a police report.

Seems a bit strange that a police report would be required, I'd imagine that folks turn up at the various airports missing the TM.6 by the dozens daily, especially since they stopped stapling them ion to the passport, it would be a real pain if they required a police report prior to allowing them to catch a flight.

Must be just at certain offices and even then, certain IO's.

23 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Seen the same happening at phuket immigration; departure card missing -> get a police report

(That was told to the guy ahead of me in line 2 years ago)

I was at Patong Immigration eight weeks ago, a guy there had lost his, they just gave him a new blank one to fill out - no issue

Departure cards used to be stapled into your passport, has that become necessary again? Immigration officers take their job seriously, losing an official document could indicate that the alien is not taking things seriously. A need for a police report is telling you to do better next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

When you enter Thailand they dont staple the card to your passport. It is dead easy for it to fall out of the passport, especially when you have been waiting a long time, and are a bit stressed out.Just staple the bloody things in then no problem.

• Like 1

I was offended by having the departure card stapled into my passport, if we now have a generation who don’t mind being treated like children then why not. Being sent off toi get a police report is being treated like a child so why are people complaining about that? Different people see things diffw=erently I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 11/30/2017 at 11:00 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

Just ask for a new one when you're at immigration, it's only a blank form (until you fill it out).

Actually I've been wondering about that.  Mine is about 9 years old and falling apart.  So I can just get a new one and fill it out?  

On 11/30/2017 at 4:01 PM, Bob12345 said:

Seen the same happening at phuket immigration; departure card missing -> get a police report

(That was told to the guy ahead of me in line 2 years ago)

I wonder what you'd say to the BIB?  "Hi, I think some evil person ripped my departure card out of my passport when I was asleep and I want to report it?"  

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, connda said:

I wonder what you'd say to the BIB?  "Hi, I think some evil person ripped my departure card out of my passport when I was asleep and I want to report it?"  

You probably say the same as what you say when you lost your drivers license somewhere, or your passport.

As both require a police report also.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lokie said:

I was at Patong Immigration eight weeks ago, a guy there had lost his, they just gave him a new blank one to fill out - no issue

Seems like the regulations around this subject are as clear as any rules immigration follows:

it all depends on the officer you get.

As soon as I lose my card I will just try several immigration branches on different days until i get the answer I wanted.

Or maybe first put some red soda at a spirit house.

11 hours ago, connda said:

Actually I've been wondering about that.  Mine is about 9 years old and falling apart.  So I can just get a new one and fill it out?  

I have the same problem. I have had mine taped together for over 3 years now. You would think they would just give you a new one when they get that old.

Reluctant to tell them I lost it.

When i lost mine several years ago, I had a scan of it inside my tablet. i could show and explain to  a colonel whilling to talk in english with me !. The officer gave me a new one, sratch the preregistered number and just sign it without any stamp.

(I found the original back 4 month later while  moving house, my  youngson kept it for me in one book !)