Isaan Love Triangle: Thai Men Found Lacking By Farang-Loving Women

webfact

1 minute ago, SoulWater said:

@wildewillie89
"The Mrs is set for a 45k monthly pension when retire so financial security is not an issue for her."

And you believe that? :) what was her job In Thailand?

She is a government official. Passed the test early. Her dad took early retirement at 50 and receives 32k from memory. The current status of her position vs age is greater than his, so yeah I do, and I have seen the relevant figures. If you want I will PM them to you later on. 

• Like 1

Well I worked hard during my 20's and 30's so that I am quite comfortable right now without anyone's assistance. I was rather proud of the work I did back then and worked in Asia for 15+ years learning several Asian languages before moving to Thailand. I don't know if I could've stomached it where my main family responsibility was showing up for dinner.

Ahh the bitterness is now making assumptions about another's previous life before moving to the country to feel better about themselves.

You really are a bit hurt in life it seems.

Cheer up, you have that super hot girl remember, you shouldn't have to keep comparing yourself to others :)

18 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Why can't he have a degree at 22?   

Of course he could.  A Degree is still a higher education qualification- I suppose it depends on your definition of 'an education'.  People generally graduate at 22 and would be in debt (in UK at least).  What I'm really saying is that expats are generally excluded from most general occupations, be it working in 7-11, driving a taxi, or clerical work.

She is a government official. Passed the test early. Her dad took early retirement at 50 and receives 32k from memory. The current status of her position vs age is greater than his, so yeah I do, and I have seen the relevant figures. If you want I will PM them to you later on. 

Don't worry I don't need any figures PMd that would just be weird in any case - that was going to be my next question only someone who worked for the government could retire with a pension like that - my responses will now cease for fear of reprisals :)
  • Haha 1

I have a great life here. No bitterness. This is a forum. When someone seems to feel the need to almost weekly make a post about getting free healthcare because of his wife's job, I wonder what the h*&^ll the guy thinks that is such a great accomplishment.

45 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I have a great life here. No bitterness. This is a forum. When someone seems to feel the need to almost weekly make a post about getting free healthcare because of his wife's job, I wonder what the h*&^ll the guy thinks that is such a great accomplishment.

Who said it was an accomplishment? Your interpretation? Again, that is an issue on your end, not mine. 

The discussion was about how young farang can manage to live in Thailand? That is a key factor for many young farang that I know. So the healthcare is completely relevant.

Weekly? If we talk weekly, you have literally just mentioned your CV once again (which is not relevant to the discussion). 

What I find odd is that you place great importance on a CV, always talking about yours even though it isn't relevant to anything and making up other members CV to compare it to. Insecurity or a lame attempt at a put down to others?

However, every time the CV of my wife comes up, whether it be a social thread or members are asking for advice re government issues (and are appreciative of the advice), you go all negative and jump in when it has nothing to do with you. 

Why is it that if CVs are so important to you,  you have major psychological issues with good CVs? Even though we have found hypocrisy in your posts and it is questioned, you claim you are not a hypocrite. Now you claim you are not bitter. You say you are not bored....so really what is left? Sexism? Is that why you feel the need to jump into my posts that involve my wife? You cannot handle a woman having a great CV? Oh, please tell me it is not haha.  

Anyway, I was just filling in time with this last part (sorry for the length). Time to go home for my 'dinner' responsibilities as you like to call them :). You were entertaining for a while, but seem even more bitter now, as you keep feeling the need to butt in every time I make a comment. Gave me a good chuckle for a while. Enjoy your trolling. At least I hope it is trolling (as I do love a good troll).

Edited by wildewillie89

In the past the Thai ladies did not have any farangs to compare with their husbands. They were sort of happy life goes on as usual, then suddenly all these farangs showing them how a good husband should behave. Now this becomes a big problem soon it will get even bigger. Because Thai men may retaliate, I don't know what they would do, but not something nice I supposed.

If only we can leave the Thai alone with their own culture and thinking. Minimum interfering in their lives style we would be doing them a lot of good.

Culture once broken cannot be repair. How many have you broke?

If you google "Sir James Brooke of Sarawak (Borneo)" you will see how this English gentleman who became the ruler of a native country(1875) where he made laws that forbid anyone to interfer in the life style of the natives. He did not allow big companies to be set up to employ natives to work there and change their lifestyle. He was a good man.

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Of course he could.  A Degree is still a higher education qualification- I suppose it depends on your definition of 'an education'.  People generally graduate at 22 and would be in debt (in UK at least).  What I'm really saying is that expats are generally excluded from most general occupations, be it working in 7-11, driving a taxi, or clerical work.

You've reminded me of a friend of mine who does IT for a living. He refers to PhD's as Piled Higher and Deeper. As I've had a few Ph.D's myself for breakfast, I can understand where he's coming from on the subject of tertiary qualifications. Nothing beats experience.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

You've reminded me of a friend of mine who does IT for a living. He refers to PhD's as Piled Higher and Deeper. As I've had a few Ph.D's myself for breakfast, I can understand where he's coming from on the subject of tertiary qualifications. Nothing beats experience.

Yeah, I'm ambivalent about higher qualifications meaning much, but you need them to get near a work permit for even something as humble as TEFL teaching.  A younger expat, or someone without a decent pension will find it nigh on impossible to get employment otherwise. I guess he could do well as a digital nomad if he has some skill.

Edited by mommysboy

On 30/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, seancbk said:

So are you saying you don't know any well educated, wealthy Thais?   Not one Thai friend who has a successful business and has sent his kids to school overseas? 

You must move in some really impressive circles.

I work on the majority not minority. Where talking Isann. High volume desperation to get money. Daughters are a blessing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2017 at 2:52 PM, SoulWater said:

This is classic - so as a 73 year old man you are saying you have never given anything to your 46 year old wife? You must be trolling dude

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No he didn't say that....

If you read it again maybe you would get the gist of his post

On 11/30/2017 at 12:33 AM, trogers said:

Lack the freedom to wander too far from mom's apron strings.

This reminds me of something a Thai freind told her daughter, who has a suitor who owns a farm in Isaan. If you marry him you will never leave Isaan, and your life will be a house wife, and in duty to him. But if you get with a farang you can see the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GuySemperFi said:

This reminds me of something a Thai freind told her daughter, who has a suitor who owns a farm in Isaan. If you marry him you will never leave Isaan, and your life will be a house wife, and in duty to him. But if you get with a farang you can see the world.

Not just a housewife, but has to work the farm while he lies on a hammock or drinks and gamble with his friends.

In her village, the girls who got a farang, got other farangs
for their girlfriends, to the point where all the young men and boys in the village,
have nothing.
It has changed the demographic,
and not for the better.

Well, it's not rocket science to work out that Thai men are the lazy SOB around and expect the women to do all the work, while they drink and gamble. Who blames the Thai females for wanting a better life, sure most farangs are the best option, money, good looks, respect and most likely better lovemaking techniques, for sure. So in all the Thai men are a bunch of losers again, hehehehehehehehe :smile::smile::post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, rickudon said:

In my Isaan village there are many girls looking for a farang. Main factors are they are over 30, many have failed relationships with Thai men and children (but not all).

I wonder how many of them will be able to have a happy long term relationship - even if the Thai women and the farang men try their best. If the women spend most of their 30+ years of life in a village they will be very different from most farangs who lived in their home countries. Both will have lots of unspoken expectations and these expectation will be often very different from each other. One of the most important differences is "taking care of the family". He thinks he marries her, she knows he marries her and her extended family... Good luck with that!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Teacher said:

Well, it's not rocket science to work out that Thai men are the lazy SOB around and expect the women to do all the work, while they drink and gamble. Who blames the Thai females for wanting a better life, sure most farangs are the best option, money, good looks, respect and most likely better lovemaking techniques, for sure. So in all the Thai men are a bunch of losers again, hehehehehehehehe :smile::smile::post-4641-1156694572:

The elephant in the room is advanced age with expanded waist line:smile:  A lot of expats are big boozers too.