BBJ

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, idman said:

And why no photos of normal everyday bikes, i.e. scooters, maxi scooters as the vast majority of Expats ride this type of motorbike????

I do have photos of Maxi Scooters.  The photos were posted with the time I have.  I have two free press tickets if you want to go yourself!

15 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Thanks a lot for these pictures BBJ! I hope to find some time to go there myself. Any pics from the BMW booth? Wondering if they finally have the updated S1000R.

I managed to get a snap of the GS Rally. BMW were still faffing around for the official public opening time.

3 hours ago, idman said:

And why no photos of normal everyday bikes, i.e. scooters, maxi scooters as the vast majority of Expats ride this type of motorbike????

Er, no, thank you.

Go visit your nearest scooter, moped dealer. There are a dozen in every market town and a hundred in every large city.

Therefore there are tens of thousands of the shops in the country.

And several million Waves, Fino's, Clicks et al on every road and street corner.

Why would I want to see another one, extra shiny under the bright lights?

Seems like Honda is not showing the CB1000R? What a bummer. Not sure if I'll go to the show. I had 3 things to look for: new S1000R, CB1000R and Accord 2018. Seems like none of these are there. Maybe at the Motor Show in march...

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I was wondering if Honda will sell the CB1000R. If they do, they'll have to restrict it or it will be more powerful than the CBR1000RR SP that they currently sell which would be a bit embarrassing.

Should the CBR 1000 RR SP have almost 200 BHP , as the BMW , Aprilia , Ducati , Kawasaki etc  ?.

22 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

Should the CBR 1000 RR SP have almost 200 BHP , as the BMW , Aprilia , Ducati , Kawasaki etc  ?.

In Thailand it's crippled to 130 BHP and there's no known way (afaik) to de-restrict it. Same nonsense like they pulled with the previous model and have lost a nice chunk of sales to the competition accordingly. I guess the 1000cc supersport bike market is so small here that they don't care and I'm sure the bean counters at Honda found some reason why this would be the right thing to do even though everyone else would strongly disagree. It would be absolutely hilarious if what JonnyF said happened. There are already naked bikes available like the Monster 1200, S1000R, MT-10 etc which have a lot more BHP than the flagship Fireblade in Thailand but if Honda can beat itself, than that would be too funny. And if they'd restrict the CB1000R then I'm sure quite a few people would pass on it. I would probably, because I don't want to support such crap.

5 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Why not ? If you ever rode a bike with 200 or more HP you would realize what a rush it is. Bring it on I say ...

21 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why not ? If you ever rode a bike with 200 or more HP you would realize what a rush it is. Bring it on I say ...

I meant "shouldnt" it have the full power , in keeping with the others.  From a Aprilia RSV factory owner. Didnt Honda do this on some other bikes. Cant see the sense in it.