"777" road safety measure introduced for New Year

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Yep, road kill is now cured and here was I thinking 777 was the anticipated number of deaths expected over the period. 

I think you have that wrong. If I kill you on the road do I really have to hang your carcass up until your cured like a leg of ham. Yuck, just the thought of having you hanging around until your cured ready to eat. No thanks I'll just leave you on the side of the road for the ants

When these idiots get behind a wheel it's too late, better Policing or not. The only way to change their reckless behavior is to start a School and teach road safety and the highway code there, preferably before they start riding motor bikes around the age of 12!

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

When these idiots get behind a wheel it's too late, better Policing or not. The only way to change their reckless behavior is to start a School and teach road safety and the highway code there, preferably before they start riding motor bikes around the age of 12!

yes but something needs to be done now. I believe that the government must give the police a better budget to improve their equipement and to do away with the road check points and put those police on the roads where they can be seen and make the police do their jobs and enforce the road laws. make the fines higher and then the revenue that comes in from the fines would help to start the education and driver training of the young ones. This system has worked in other countries. But need to get the attention of today's drivers to change their driving attitude. Heavy fines quick change attitudes

6 hours ago, twizzian said:

So are they only capable in implementing these safety measures for only a few days of each of the festive times.

How about permanent safety measures.

Same as many countries.  Many focus on holiday periods with increased media coverage etc. 

<deleted> (was deleted) and I mean it.

Hasn't anybody looked up what 777 means?

777 may be nirvana? Or is it more realistically Your time is gonna come? Have a butchers on the internet.

"Number 777 brings a message from your angels that you are on the right path and living and serving your Divine life purpose. The Universe is happy with your progress and due to your positive efforts and hard work you have earned your rewards."

7 is the lucky number in Thai.

Do they think the campaign will be lucky,

or are they assuming that the people that get killed had it coming?

Absolutely amazing thailand. 

9 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I'd suggest that the checkpoints themselves are in fact hazards and are just as likely to cause accidents as prevent them.

Agreed. People suddenly stopping, trying to u turn, trying to run through. Etc. seen it all.

Back in the old country, during a holiday, the fines and points loss from your licence is doubled. people soon learn when you are paying $600 fines for minor traffic offences and losing 6 points from their licence. 

I can imagine the brain dead idiots who dreamed up this 777 thing sitting around like in an episode of old TV show "yes Minister" listening to this drivel being brainstormed and gushing over the bosses brilliant idea.