Flying Cambodia to CNX, CIQ arrival immigration at CNX?

I will be flying back from Cambodia to Chiang Mai through BKK on Bangkok Airways soon.

On the way there, I passed immigration in CNX, and was in CIQ transit in BKK and didn't need to go through immigration.

I would like to book a VIP arrival fast track service to get through immigration when I come back to CNX.

I spoke to PG who told me I can choose if I want to do immigration in BKK, or CNX as a CIQ passenger, but I don't want to find out they made a mistake, but I'm the one who suffers.

There's a lot of information about leaving from Samui (etc) through BKK as a CIQ passenger, but nothing about arriving in BKK and connecting domestically as a CIQ passenger.

Can anyone confirm that I can pass through BKK without going through immigration, and do my immigration in Chiang Mai?

I want to book the arrival service for the right airport.

Thanks

15 hours ago, binjalin said:

Yes of course you don't go through immigration at BKK you are transiting. Why buy ViP at CNX?  not needed in my view and I have come through countless times.

Just spoke with another PG rep on the phone who said I will be going through immigration in Bangkok first.

I hate how 2 people from the same company can say 2 different things here...

How confident are you that I can transfer to CNX without passing an immigration checkpoint?

20 hours ago, binjalin said:

Yes of course you don't go through immigration at BKK you are transiting. Why buy ViP at CNX?  not needed in my view and I have come through countless times.

On what basis do you state this? Of course he will go through immigration in BKK. The only difference is that as a connecting passenger to CNX he will go through the dedicated domestic transfer at gates A/B instead of the main immigration, saving a lot of time. The luggage on the contrary will pass customs in CNX.

There is no VIP line, but it's unnecessary as the queue for the domestic transfer immigration is much shorter than the main immigration.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

On what basis do you state this? Of course he will go through immigration in BKK. The only difference is that as a connecting passenger to CNX he will go through the dedicated domestic transfer at gates A/B instead of the main immigration, saving a lot of time. The luggage on the contrary will pass customs in CNX.

There is no VIP line, but it's unnecessary as the queue for the domestic transfer immigration is much shorter than the main immigration.

It is true that the system changed and now you get your stamp at BKK whereas in the past it was at CNX.

There is a dedicated line which I had forgot about as I had done it the other way so many times. Apologies.

8 hours ago, leonardjones625 said:

Just spoke with another PG rep on the phone who said I will be going through immigration in Bangkok first.

I hate how 2 people from the same company can say 2 different things here...

How confident are you that I can transfer to CNX without passing an immigration checkpoint?

It changed apologies. Now there is a dedicated line at BKK. I used to go through to CNX and they had a desk there but it changed.  I must be living in the past lol.  Anyway no VIP and short queues if any. Enjoy your stay.