Google GSuite / Microsoft Office 365

Cloggie

After many, many years of working in Thailand I have never seen / worked for a company that uses Google GSuite, they all work with some version of Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010 / 2016 / 365

About three weeks ago I switched from Microsoft Office 365 => Google GSuite and I am very, very satisfied with it!!

Uploaded all my data to G-Drive and can now use any computer I like to access my data as long as it has an Internet connection :-)

Can use Windows with Internet Explorer / Google Chrome / Firefox or Brave , can use any Linux version with again Google Chrome / Firefox or Brave, can use OS X with Safari, can use my Android phone / tablet to access my documents etc.

I can simply buy ANY laptop and I am up and running as soon as I connect myself to Internet again....

How many people use Google Suite instead of Microsoft Office 365?

Doesn't M'soft offer the same cloud-based options and more via Office Online?

Personally I use LibreOffice. Free, and has a portable version you can use from a flashdrive. But I don't do anything w/ docs from a phone or tablet. 

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Doesn't M'soft offer the same cloud-based options and more via Office Online?

Personally I use LibreOffice. Free, and has a portable version you can use from a flashdrive. But I don't do anything w/ docs from a phone or tablet. 

They offer very different offline/online features. Collaboration is often a big consideration when choosing these suites.

• 6 years later...

If you want a sweet deal on Microsoft Office, check out student discounts or Microsoft’s site for cheaper rates. You could also try free stuff like Google Workspace or LibreOffice for your schoolwork.

I just found a site where I scored Microsoft Office way cheaper than usual. They’ve got a bunch of software on discount, so it's perfect for students who are tight on cash. Try this!

Edited by orang37