• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Leave the man alone, if anyone has an issue where he got the funds to

buy this exquisite time piece than start an investigation on him,

and if a man who worth tens of millions of dollars can't spoil him

self to a nice watch, what is there else to do with his money?

right now, this is probably the only thing that works well for the old guy...

I think his taste buds are working 100% overtime.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy PM Prawit feels the heat after wearing high-end wristwatch

Don't think he is sweating nor give two hoots about all this negative news. He wore it to spite all of you peasants and a stare down 'so what' attitude. As long as the junta PM tolerate and practice double standard on corruption for his family, friends and cronies, the news will fade and he will will be doing another in you face stunt soon. Remember these are the untouchables. 

General Bling

doesn't care about:

Thai people, his posture, his credibility, his weight, Thai people, his demeanor, the law, his rhetoric, Thai people

not much difference compared to many politicians in power..., except he is not so smart - he is a sly-one, though.

Is he a doctor, yet?

9 minutes ago, halloween said:

Give us a few examples of how things were so much different under your beloved Shinawatras. Perjury, what perjury?

See Greenchair excellent post. It is about asset declaration and the NACC attitude towards the junta's corruption and others. Not hard to understand if you stop drinking those greenish kool-aid.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Hmm...

Thanks to the Nation for providing the income of others who wear such a watch.

I wonder how Prawit's income stacks up? Most definitely a case for the NACC, but either they will find nothing out of the ordinary (as always for non-Reds) or they will refer it to the military which will find that it meets all regulations without actually specifying which regulations.

Hmm...  

Any one care to bet that this is the last public chapter in this story?

It is probably a 2,000 baht copy, as Mr Prawit could not possibly afford a genuine one on a military, com junta salary. As for his other adornments,they are also fakes for the same reason

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

I bought a high end watch,

it took me many years to be able to do so,

I do not earn as much as the general and he being a bit older than me, and 

has probably saved his money for a longer time,

There is a big, big cost difference between a high-end watch such as a Rolex and a Richard Mille. It is also a complete no-no for a public official to wear such a watch. In addition the suggestion that he 'saved' up his money for that purchase a joke in bad taste.

11 minutes ago, jayboy said:

there is no public evidence of her alleged lack of rectitude

So what do you call allowing a fugitive criminal billionaire access to cabinet meetings and allowing him to set policy? have you never heard of insider trading?

Does the fact that he transferred millions of baht to her before her taking office make it more acceptable?

My comparison is of a DPM who has a watch he could not afford from his earnings, with a PM, with similar value of bling, far in excess of her earnings. If this watch was a gift by  somebody seeking political favours it would reek of corruption, but apparently that standard doesn't apply when you're elected.

27 minutes ago, halloween said:

So what do you call allowing a fugitive criminal billionaire access to cabinet meetings and allowing him to set policy? have you never heard of insider trading?

Does the fact that he transferred millions of baht to her before her taking office make it more acceptable?

My comparison is of a DPM who has a watch he could not afford from his earnings, with a PM, with similar value of bling, far in excess of her earnings. If this watch was a gift by  somebody seeking political favours it would reek of corruption, but apparently that standard doesn't apply when you're elected.

Why the comparison? This is a thread regarding Prawit's extremely expensive watches. Amazing what one can afford on a military salary in Thailand, right?

One more time, slowly: This...thread...is...not...about...the...Shins. There, got it now?

Edited by Becker

52 minutes ago, halloween said:

So what do you call allowing a fugitive criminal billionaire access to cabinet meetings and allowing him to set policy? 

I call it an attempt yet again to hijack a thread...

39 minutes ago, baboon said:

I call it an attempt yet again to hijack a thread...

Good ole Halloween - still in there throwing punches. In a temperamental world, some things are constant.

A truly bright spark.

Edited by Sid Celery

8 minutes ago, BsBs said:

What is a problem of having a 5 or 10 mb watch ? They all have at least one by certainly a lot more, with the hundreds millions dollar that they have in banks...

What is more interesting (to me at least), is the motivation behind wearing it.

One does not put on a wristwatch and a diamond ring automatically, in the same way you might clean your teeth or put on your shoes. It's a conscious decision, and because it's a conscious decision, it reflects ones needs/desires of the day.

Since he's a Thai, I'm betting the motivation was to impress. But all he's managed to do is demonstrate what an intellectual pygmy he is. Not that anyone will do anything about it of course (I've got section 44, I can do anything I want to you if you say anything I don't happen to like - look what people think happened to Ko Tee.).

Interesting how he feels the need to impress his underlings though. Perhaps he isn't feeling as secure as he would like.

With any luck.

Edited by Sid Celery

The investigation will reveal its a fake.

End of story.

These guys are innocent. Nothing they do is wrong.

They are the people for the job.

Now everyone shut up and stop looking for these kind of details will you.

I mean why would a guy who has the thai publics best interest own a watch that could feed bangkoks poor for 20 years. Geeze people. Dont you have anything better to do

6 hours ago, leeneeds said:

I bought a high end watch,

it took me many years to be able to do so,

I do not earn as much as the general and he being a bit older than me, and 

has probably saved his money for a longer time,

Come on, stop being rational, that won't go down well here.

2 hours ago, DLock said:

Quick Google check shows fakes actually look pretty good and low cost

http://www.findrichardwatches.me/richard-mille-c-947.html

However, I suspect this watch will suddenly be "loaned to him by a wealthy friend who lets him use his watches".

Only if it comes with a matching Rolls-Royce ! :cool:

Now,if only he were ex-RTP, people might feel compelled to ask the policeman the time  ...  :laugh: