Johnny Hallyday: French rock star dies at 74

webfact

1 hour ago, Opl said:

I hope you will like this one .. 

Magnifique!

They don't make them like that anymore. Reminds me of living in Juan le Pins!

Closer to home BB is a sponser of Soi Dog animal hospital where there is the Bridget Bardot Sterilisation Centre. Always makes me snigger!

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Magnifique!

They don't make them like that anymore. Reminds me of living in Juan le Pins!

Closer to home BB is a sponser of Soi Dog animal hospital where there is the Bridget Bardot Sterilisation Centre. Always makes me snigger!

When you lived in Juan le Pins did you wear a carefully designed topless swimsuit to get an even suntan on your back and on your your legs (rhetorical) ha ha ha

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

American blues in French just never sounded quite right to me. Creole may be..

You are right, I love american music ( Rock and blues ) and it's true that English language is much more adapted to rock and blues sonorities

you can't sing every thing in French, that's why Johnny Hallyday didn't get a big success in Usa 

Edith Piaf was also a singer that French loved because she sings with her heart 

more songs 

Edited by Aforek

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

You are right, I love american music ( Rock and blues ) and it's true that English language is much more adapted to rock and blues sonorities

you can't sing every thing in French, that's why Johnny Hallyday didn't get a big success in Usa 

Edith Piaf was also a singer that French loved because she sings with her heart 

more songs 

12 bar blues in French! (This is interesting, there is no French translation; how ironic!)

Edited by Grouse