• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, killala said:

these lads will be Romanians

Just out of interest, do you mean Romanians or Roma? Wouldn't damn a whole nation cos of confusion with east european gypsies.

Can't say I have any love for the Roma, but I do have grudging respect for their survival abilities. A bit like another culture we hear a lot about, but without the kudos.

If she is Roma I imagine when she gets home she might say:

"Of course I was deported. I'm Roma; these things happen to a Roma." 

Edited by nausea

9 minutes ago, nausea said:

Just out of interest, do you mean Romanians or Roma? Wouldn't damn a whole nation cos of confusion with east european gypsies.

Can't say I have any love for the Roma, but I do have grudging respect for their survival abilities. A bit like another culture we hear a lot about, but without the kudos.

If she is Roma I imagine when she gets home she might say:

"Of course I was deported. I'm Roma; these things happen to a Roma." 

Is that the reason why nobody wants them? Too many things just disappear when these MASTERS of survival are in town. A 560 Benz is a must have. 

1 hour ago, speckio said:

You are the exact type of person these people depend on so they can keep living High on the low in other countries! Just out of curiosity do you know who the most hated German in Thailand is?

Let me guess.....................

Yep.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

14 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Is that the reason why nobody wants them? Too many things just disappear when these MASTERS of survival are in town. A 560 Benz is a must have. 

Like I say, I have no love for the Roma; but God has a plan for everyone; I expect they serve a purpose in the greater scheme of things.

I was walking down Sukhumvit yesterday close to soi 11 when i saw a Thai busker playing a guitar, being a person that appreciates music and seeing a person trying to make a living i gave him twenty baht for his efforts..... Did i break the law or should i of photographed him and had his mug all over Thai visa and the crime rags in Thailand ?  

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

Like I say, I have no love for the Roma; but God has a plan for everyone; I expect they serve a purpose in the greater scheme of things.

I'm Atheist for good reasons. Too many people are waiting for Godot. But he never comes. 

Edited by jenny2017

It seems to be a new and idiotic way of life. Begbacking.

( Not even a spell check picks it up 1) 

Photos of two couples doing just this have been widely circulated online. The first pair are sitting on the ground behind a cardboard sign that says "Support our trip around the world”,  and are peddling postcards. Other photos show a different young man playing Pink Floyd and Guns ‘N’ Roses songs on the guitar and harmonica next to a cardboard sign with the same message.

http://observers.france24.com/en/20170410-“beg-packers”-white-tourists-who-beg-southeast-asia

Jackass.jpg

4 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I'm going to start posting pictures of Thai buskers from Sukhumvit...... Maybe i can get a reward for grassing people up........ What a sad world it's becoming......

What a sad world it's becoming when you see white beggars at every corner of Asia. 

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

What a sad world it's becoming when you see white beggars at every corner of Asia. 

To be quite honest with you i rarely see a western begger other than on Thai visa. On the other hand i see Thai beggars by the bus load, plus then there's the bedroom beggars as well....... Where's the compassion ??  ( In the dictionary apparently) 

1 minute ago, SupermarineS6B said:

To be quite honest with you i rarely see a western begger other than on Thai visa. On the other hand i see Thai beggars by the bus load, plus then there's the bedroom beggars as well....... Where's the compassion ??  ( In the dictionary apparently) 

It's not about compassion now. If you see beggars in Thailand, they might be in deep <deleted> and really need money.

Unfortunately does it look like a new form of rip off for some traveling foreigners without money. Even when they could donate some cash to those who need it. 

7 hours ago, PAIBKK said:

Eastern European scam...

And if you're deaf a hearing aid won't help !!!

Not!

I've seen the deaf passing out the cards for 35 odd  years in Canada and US. Not an Eastern European thing.

If my dad takes his hearing aids out he can't hear bugger all. When he puts them in, he can hear.

What's your definition of deaf?

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Not!

I've seen the deaf passing out the cards for 35 odd  years in Canada and US. Not an Eastern European thing.

If my dad takes his hearing aids out he can't hear bugger all. When he puts them in, he can hear.

What's your definition of deaf?

What? 

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

What? 

spell it out for you I can.

He said it was an Eastern  European scam. I saw the same scam growing up in North America years ago.

He said hearing aids won't help a deaf person. My father is effectively deaf until he puts his hearing aids in, and then he can hear.

What is it about your comprehension that you didn't understand my response?

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

spell it out for you I can.

He said it was an Eastern  European scam. I saw the same scam growing up in North America years ago.

He said hearing aids won't help a deaf person. My father is effectively deaf until he puts his hearing aids in, and then he can hear.

What is it about your comprehension that you didn't understand my response?

Oh god.  Your last question in your first post that you left out of your copied post was "what's your definition of deaf? 

I answered " what?" Get it now!!!!! ????

a joke , relax, breathe. 

3 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Oh god.  Your last question in your first post that you left out of your copied post was "what's your definition of deaf? 

I answered " what?" Get it now!!!!! ????

a joke , relax, breathe. 

Sorry, I didn't get the joke. Lost in typed word I guess.

Jokes and sarcasm sometimes don't translate as well as in person.

Cheers.

"We're free spirits man, why should we accept the shackles of modern society by getting a job and working to pay our bills when we can travel and grub for a few baht in Thailand ? "

Lock em up. And make em pay for their food like a proper Thai prisoner.

Standing on the edge of a busy road inhaling exhaust fumes while trying to exchange little flags for money is not my idea of a fun holiday.

If you want to pass a written note to someone in hope of obtaining money, they should try this in a Bank by passing the note to the teller. They may have to word the note a little differently.

As for needing a Work Permit, I don't think you need a WP to scam people.

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

They probably thinking that , surly, they not gonna bust us for selling

Thai patriotic items right? Oh how wrong they are...

You may surely be surly, but who is to say they got busted?  Surly I must have mis read something here. It I s just another scam like I need money to buy a new passport because mine got stolen.