Are Bangkok Banks and Money Exchangers open on New Years Day?

miketu

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The small bank branches at malls and department stores will be open along with money exchange booths.

The 1st and 2nd of January are both holidays for new years.

Poor exchange rates at those, I should think.

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Poor exchange rates at those, I should think.

The small sub-branches of the major banks that remain open at malls would use the same rates as their large branches. Not sure if all the mall sub-branches do foreign exchange cash transactions though. I think they exist mainly for domestic business. They do operate "foreign exchange booths" at various touristy locations.

Edited by Suradit69

6 minutes ago, UnkleMoooose said:

Crazy idea, but why don't you just go the day before?

He might be on a pension SS/Federal that is deposited on the 1st of month or 2nd if the 1st is a holiday so needs to know if a branch is open.

8 hours ago, Tony125 said:

He might be on a pension SS/Federal that is deposited on the 1st of month or 2nd if the 1st is a holiday so needs to know if a branch is open.

I'm not sure about my Social Security which is supposed to be credited on the 3rd, but often is earlier, but my U.S. Army pension is always paid earlier if the regular day is a holiday. I keep meaning to look up if the law was changed, but the last few months it's been credited to my bank the last day of the month, the same as many years ago. For several years the government was paying on the 1st of the month if it was a regular working day but if it was a weekend or holiday my account was credited on the last regular working day efore that. This year I can be confident of being able to withdraw cash on 29 Dec. Of course there probably are other pensions that pay by different rules.

My friend used to work at Central Mall.

Says every store in Central and Big C must sign contracts saying they will be open 365 days a year, no exceptions.

If they close, they pay a fine to the mall owners.

So, the answer is, if the bank is in Central or Big C, 100% sure it's open every day.

You're welcome. ?

1 hour ago, BobTH said:

Superrich is open 9:30 - 17:00, now sure of others.   https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en

Superrich?

Who owns that bank?  Be specific.

I'm sure Bitcoin will be open to take your money, also.

Literally. ?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/07/bitcoin-stolen-in-hack-on-nicehash-cryptocurrency-mining-marketplace.html