CTPL for a Honda wave 100

Denim

I have done some searching on this and just want to clarify that I have understood things correctly since people are using different terms for the same thing and all the Thais I know give me different answers.

Recently bought a Honda wave 100 for a local run around. Am I correct in saying that unlike a car ,  the CTPL is included in the price of the annual tax/registration disc that has the year it expires written large across the middle thus :

image.jpeg.b5ede0540a919f06251c665c5931616e.jpeg

and that if the motorcycle is older than 7 years it has to be inspected in order to ensure road worthiness before the tax disc/CTPL is issued.

I understand that apart from fulfilling a legal requirement the cover offered with the CTPL is negligible ( around 15,000 third party only ) and that additional insurance which can cost from 300-600 is advisable ( still not full comp )

both for cars and m/cycle yearly tax and government compulsory insurance is required, and in your case a 'mot' test here - 

post-81192-0-27856200-1456382403_thumb.jpg

insurance is at a seperate desk or even outside the building and then you will need to queue and get the tax, or get the mot guy to sort it all for you, its the bike currently taxed and have you put it in your name yet.

Edited by steve187

39 minutes ago, steve187 said:

both for cars and m/cycle yearly tax and government compulsory insurance is required, and in your case a 'mot' test here - 

post-81192-0-27856200-1456382403_thumb.jpg

insurance is at a seperate desk or even outside the building and then you will need to queue and get the tax, or get the mot guy to sort it all for you, its the bike currently taxed and have you put it in your name yet.

Thanks for that Steve. The bike is already in the wifes name so that's one thing sorted. Bike is currently taxed too.

Tax is due next April but I wasn't sure if we are legally covered by  CTPL already  since the bike ( which we got from brother in law )  must have been inspected and insured when he last got the tax in April past. In any event, he says he has no documents regarding the CTPL. If he was ever given any he must have lost them .

Edited by Denim

59 minutes ago, Denim said:

Thanks for that Steve. The bike is already in the wifes name so that's one thing sorted. Bike is currently taxed too.

Tax is due next April but I wasn't sure if we are legally covered by  CTPL already  since the bike ( which we got from brother in law )  must have been inspected and insured when he last got the tax in April past. In any event, he says he has no documents regarding the CTPL. If he was ever given any he must have lost them .

normally stapled to the green book.  if you don't have the insurance just take out a fresh one, just will be out of sync with the tax

26 minutes ago, steve187 said:

normally stapled to the green book.  if you don't have the insurance just take out a fresh one, just will be out of sync with the tax

Ah yes......got something stapled to the green book. Thought it was a receipt for the tax disc same as with the car. 

Thanks for your help. Seldom go far on it but always strive to be as legal as possible. You never know.