2 visits/ 3 month?

Hello guys,

just got my tourist visa and staff from embassy (eu country) told that can just 2 times visit Thailand/ 3 month. So, its not possible for exemple to travel 3 times to Hongkong when I'm tourist in TH (I not confuse with 1-entry visa, was not about that I will lose my visa if I do like this - he told clearly, its about that in 3 month can just 2 times entry to TH).

Do you have any news about?

Thanks.

a single entry tourist visa will give you a permission to stay stamp of 60 days, this can be extended by 30 days locally if required for 1,900 baht, if you want to travel to another country your permission to stay stamp will finish, you can either get a re-entry permit for 1,000 which will keep your permission to stay stamp alive and allow you one reentry, where you will be  stamped into until your original date, or you can re-enter Thailand on a visa except entry which will give you a 30 day permission to stay stamp.

just post some details of your travel plans and dates and someone will advise the best solution

2 minutes ago, MZsolt said:

I called back embassy to get more infos - its about when you have no visa (visa-exempt), in this case can just 2 times entry at intervall of 3 month.

2 x visa exempt only at land borders but this  2 x rule does not apply at airports

17 minutes ago, MZsolt said:

I called back embassy to get more infos - its about when you have no visa (visa-exempt), in this case can just 2 times entry at intervall of 3 month.

It's just 2 land border entries per year, not 3 months.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

2 x visa exempt only at land borders but this  2 x rule does not apply at airports

I just confirm, I know about this rule (2 X visa exempt at land borders), but no, he says clearly (at first time, and at second time, at call also): airport, 2 entry at 3 month. This when I go with no visa, and its a new rule. So, for sure I not confused any info, maybe just the guy - but he take care visa at this embassy at last 10+ years.

So, I hope not created any confusions with this, but this about I learned today.

3 hours ago, MZsolt said:

staff from embassy (eu country) told

Sigh! I get tired of telling people this. Ignore anything Thai embassy/consulate officials tell you about anything but the services they personally provide. At best, you are engaging in a game of Chinese whispers. People assume the officials should know what they are talking about, but they are usually spouting nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MZsolt said:

I just confirm, I know about this rule (2 X visa exempt at land borders), but no, he says clearly (at first time, and at second time, at call also): airport, 2 entry at 3 month. This when I go with no visa, and its a new rule. So, for sure I not confused any info, maybe just the guy - but he take care visa at this embassy at last 10+ years.

So, I hope not created any confusions with this, but this about I learned today.

He is wrong. There is no "2 entry at 3 month" rule at the airport or anywhere else.

16 hours ago, MZsolt said:

Airport IO Staff have been reported to state many non-existent rules, and this may be part of the problem / the source of this false-information. 

You should not have problems with the IOs at the airport, provided you do not have a "longer-stay" history in Thailand (staying in Thailand months at a time).  Short stays with travel to other countries is NOT something they have a problem with. 

Airport IOs quote non-existent rules to longer-stay visitors, in an attempt to drive them out of Thailand.  This should not affect you, if your visits/schedule is as you describe (short visits in a short time-span of 3 months), and if you do not have a history of staying in Thailand for months at a time.

I think he’s talking about the Paris  Thai Embassy. When I was trying to get a visa   due to MOnaco closing down , I saw this rule. They are reputed for being difficult and  unwelcoming.They also told me I couldn’t have a visa with my air ticket being valid  over three months. So I didn’t bother getting my visa with them and will do it next month in Penang. 

Embassy in Paris allow only 2 stay of 3months by year with 3 months out of Thailand between 2 stay. So if you back back France after a stay of 5 months in Thailand using VE and TV from nearby consulate your application for new TV will be denied 

Edited by pby92

13 hours ago, glegolo said:

OMG - Lets have another go at this.. NOW we change to talk about how many SETV the embassys will grant us people..... I thought we talked about entries into Thailand... 

glegolo

Op speak about EU embassy rules read original post