Norwegian man says Thai wife and policeman lover framed him and got him deported

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Enjoy your grandchildren, be careful you don't feed them dog food by mistake!!

I know everyone thinks THEIR children are perfect, but reality is that most children are horrid brats. I'm just lucky that I avoided having any, as when I was a young man I was sucked in by the whole "get married and have children" scam. Fortunately my change of occupation took me out of the market till I realised it would have been a bad idea.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know everyone thinks THEIR children are perfect, but reality is that most children are horrid brats. I'm just lucky that I avoided having any, as when I was a young man I was sucked in by the whole "get married and have children" scam. Fortunately my change of occupation took me out of the market till I realised it would have been a bad idea.

You are such a poor sod..

I enjoy these threads, they highlight just how different people are :smile: and how our lives are often built by experience rather than advice!

Let us say the Norwegian had invested in the stockmarket and lost 3 mill baht

I doubt the thread would have made 2 pages!!

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I once ended up in a Thai village and lasted about 3 months. Unless one enjoys being woken at 4 am by chanting monks, having nothing to do except fix the hovel and garden, face a 3 hour drive ( each way ) to buy anything over a basic level, listen to the gossips talk about the "farang" and spend evening swatting mossies while watching Thai soaps on tv, it's not for us.

I only lasted 3 nights ....... never went back.

Watching Lakorn on Tv! you were lucky, mum was too poor to own a TV, we had to watch the neighbors beating their wives for entertainment.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

13 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I only lasted 3 nights ....... never went back.

Watching Lakorn on Tv! you were lucky, mum was too poor to own a TV, we had to watch the neighbors beating their wives for entertainment.

Internet has now made a considerable difference entertainment wise

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

?????

I don't have to justify anything. She already has children, as do I, and we both enjoy our Thai and Aussie grandchildren. I am now 61 and she is 52.

No irrational fear of death.....it is inevitable. I say this as I am not one of the crowd who think that having children is all about them (the posters on here) - you know the selfish ones that say 'the wife and kids will be well taken care off when I die', and don't seem to consider the emotional effect of a child's Dad dying when the kid is still relatively young. I'd give a lot to have my Dad back on this earth.

This is of course my own personal view and I'm not trying to convince anyone it is right or wrong or better than other peoples outlook on life. 

But to those mid 60 and later farangs getting around with a very young wife and a babe in arms or a kid or two in tow - be happy - but know that most people (farang and Thai alike) are laughing at you and not in a good way. They can see the stupidity.

Flame on old fathers!!!! 

But keep it about the kids - I don't want to heat that the kid has been the best thing for you (you could have bought a dog). It's not about you!!

Disclaimer - my brother is nearly 66 and has a 6 year old daughter. I think he is an idiot too! And I tell him so.

Seriously blinding post but won't be popular with most of the forum membership.

Yes people are very much laughing at them and the young mum is being ridiculed in ways the old boy can't understand (unless he speaks Thai very well)

I knew a fellow Brit who used to trot out the "wife and kids will be well taken care off when I die" mantra back in '06.

Well, he did die and while his reduced pension continues to come in from the UK state and his old employer, unfortunately it's denominated in a seriously weakened British pound and, guess what?

Yep, that's right - the widow and sprog are not well taken care of at all.

He was getting 75 THB to the £ back then - she's getting just under 43 now.

Last I heard, she lost the house after borrowing on the title and was selling her ass in freelancer clubs in Pattaya. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm just lucky that I avoided having any, as when I was a young man I was sucked in by the whole "get married and have children" scam. Fortunately my change of occupation took me out of the market till I realised it would have been a bad idea.

Yes I managed to avoid it until the age of 46 but got caught out.

At the time, I was dead set against kids but now I've got one, it's not so bad.

A lot of joy from my daughter and her development but no way on this earth am I having another.

Still, I've managed to avoid marriage and that is so frickin' gratifying 

9 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Seriously blinding post but won't be popular with most of the forum membership.

Yes people are very much laughing at them and the young mum is being ridiculed in ways the old boy can't understand (unless he speaks Thai very well)

I knew a fellow Brit who used to trot out the "wife and kids will be well taken care off when I die" mantra back in '06.

Well, he did die and while his reduced pension continues to come in from the UK state and his old employer, unfortunately it's denominated in a seriously weakened British pound and, guess what?

Yep, that's right - the widow and sprog are not well taken care of at all.

He was getting 75 THB to the £ back then - she's getting just under 43 now.

Last I heard, she lost the house after borrowing on the title and was selling her ass in freelancer clubs in Pattaya. 

And it doesn't cross your mind that she has not managed the situation well?

20 minutes ago, 473geo said:

And it doesn't cross your mind that she has not managed the situation well?

No, not really because she wouldn't have had to borrow in the first place if the geezer's plans had allowed for adverse currency fluctuations.

As tryasimight said, for most of these guys, it's just about them and how wonderful they feel having brought a new life into the world at the twilight of their lives. 

On 12/8/2017 at 10:25 PM, NCC1701A said:

Rule #1:

Never bring anything into Thailand you are not prepared to lose.

Rule #2:

Never be worth more dead than alive.

Rule #3: (the most important)

Look all four directions before crossing a one way street. :cheesy:

The problem is if you abide by Rule 1 then it's pretty hard to avoid being Rule 2.

Rule 3 I agree 100% they can come out of anywhere, money or not.

10 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

No, not really because she wouldn't have had to borrow in the first place if the geezer's plans had allowed for adverse currency fluctuations.

As tryasimight said, for most of these guys, it's just about them and how wonderful they feel having brought a new life into the world at the twilight of their lives. 

Well I guess in this day and age the woman also has a choice to bring a child into this world, and perhaps the guys just go along with this?  Your story is incomplete, how long after his death did she lose the house? Were there other contributory factors? You seem rather eager to place the blame on the dead Husband because he was an older man who had a child.

I hate stupid guys like this? These suckers have ruined Thailand. Sending women money, buying them IPhones gold, motorbikes, cars, property, building them houses , giving their family much undeserved money, etc. All you guys deserve what you get. I have been here over 10 years and have never had to do any of those things. This is all on you. I have seen this too many times. You men are stupid and weak. Grow a pair! These are the same guys you see out in pubic walking behind her or letting her "loud talk" over him. These guys are p&%% y whipped. Probably never had a woman hack home. But I know, your woman is different. Please, come give me half your s&%t then go back to your country. You will be way ahead of the game. JUST SAYING!!

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

I tell mine she's on her own when I'm dead and she better make sure her degree is finished in time for that event.

Or she'd better do her best to keep me alive.

2 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

You are such a poor sod..

Not at all. Not having children gives me a lot more money to spend on having a life that doesn't revolve around a child.

I think I'm far richer in every aspect of life, because I actually had a life of my own and not just as someone's parent.

I tried to think of a reason to have children, and all I came up with was having someone to leave my photo collection to.

11 hours ago, swissie said:

Quote "........or if you simply cannot be trusted to choose a good woman. Your criteria for selection of the proper woman is key to a successful relationship":violin:
Correct me if I am wrong: 99,9% of people marry because they are sure they made the "right choice", but still the divorce-rate is around 50%.
Does that mean that 50% are not capable of making the "right choice" in the first place? (Your statement would indicate that).
- To me, a marriage is a gamble with only a 50% success-rate, meaning that only 50% made "the right chioce", the other 50% consist of immature dummies, uncapable of making "the right choice". (Your statement would indicate that).
- This puts me into the categorie of the immature dummies, since I thought twice in my life that "I made the right choice", with due dilligance, well understood.

There will not be a 3rd time. But glad you have been blessed with the infallible talent of making the "right choice", unlike millions of immature dummies. Respect! Be honest to yourself: You sat down at the Roulette-Table called life and you got lucky, that's all. Lucky devil you!
Cheers.

I like how you deduced that. I agree that at least 50% of the people don't know how to make the right choice, But let me expand on that further, 

True that 50% of all Marriages end in Divorce. That is a crystal clear example that these people were not happy being married to that partner, thus went for the Divorce. But then you are only assumng that the people who get a Divorce are the only ones not happy with their marriage and this is where that would be wrong.

Many people are stuck in a marriage they don't want to be in but for one reason or another don't seak a Divorce. Maybe waiting for the kids to grow up? Maybe they like their In-Laws? Maybe they depend on each other finacially or just can't afford the Divoces. Maybe they just don't want to lower their Standard of Living. 

There are many reasons but out of the 50% who remian married, maybe 1 in 5 is actually happy with his partner. So for  a total that leaves 1 in 10 who is happy, or10%, A good example is Poland and what it was like 20 years ago. The Divorce Rate there was only 6%. Did that mean Polish People were happerier with their Partners than in the rest of Europe?

Not at all! Poland's Divorce Laws were so crazy back then that even if you went through all the time and trouble to get a Legal Divirce, you soon discovered that this didn't change anything. The Man or Woman you were trying to get rid of and out of your life, was still livng with you, but now has 50% Legal Ownship to the property. You could never get married again as no Polsih Priest would grant you a Divorced based on him being a drunk and he yells or beats you all the time. 

It has changed a llot over the years mostly because people there have more money now and now can afford to move out and rent there own Flat, but it sure wasn't like that years ago, 

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Well I guess in this day and age the woman also has a choice to bring a child into this world, and perhaps the guys just go along with this?  Your story is incomplete, how long after his death did she lose the house? Were there other contributory factors? You seem rather eager to place the blame on the dead Husband because he was an older man who had a child.

The blame is on the dead husband because he had a child in advanced years on an income that had no margin for error factored in.

Women do have a choice but what young Thai bird living a decent lifestyle on her husband's income is going to say no if her husband says he wants to keep the sprog?

Anyway, this is a tried and tested strategy - when one can't offer a reasonable argument, make it about the messenger rather than the message.

I didn't feel the need (still don't) to dig for details.

I just passed on the story to the best of what I know and I'm not willing to get into a slanging match

Take what happened at face value..........or don't. 

I couldn't care less.

3 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Disclaimer - my brother is nearly 66 and has a 6 year old daughter. I think he is an idiot too! And I tell him so.

I'm 62, my son is 6, I have plenty of time to look after him, he's busy playing with Plasticine this afternoon on the floor beside me.

(It's manufactured in Thailand, decent size block costs 5bht, hours of inventive fun)

I'd probably like your brother.

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

The blame is on the dead husband because he had a child in advanced years on an income that had no margin for error factored in.

Women do have a choice but what young Thai bird living a decent lifestyle on her husband's income is going to say no if her husband says he wants to keep the sprog?

Anyway, this is a tried and tested strategy - when one can't offer a reasonable argument, make it about the messenger rather than the message.

I didn't feel the need (still don't) to dig for details.

I just passed on the story to the best of what I know and I'm not willing to get into a slanging match

Take what happened at face value..........or don't. 

I couldn't care less.

Jesus Ron a woman doesn't have to say no just go quietly for a monthly injection!

8 minutes ago, stanlompoc said:

I hate stupid guys like this? These suckers have ruined Thailand. Sending women money, buying them IPhones gold, motorbikes, cars, property, building them houses , giving their family much undeserved money, etc. All you guys deserve what you get. I have been here over 10 years and have never had to do any of those things. This is all on you. I have seen this too many times. You men are stupid and weak. Grow a pair! These are the same guys you see out in pubic walking behind her or letting her "loud talk" over him. These guys are p&%% y whipped. Probably never had a woman hack home. But I know, your woman is different. Please, come give me half your s&%t then go back to your country. You will be way ahead of the game. JUST SAYING!!

ooh. just saying. i want to be just like you. know everything and such a perfect guy. please. teach me to be like you one post. you know soooo much.

6 minutes ago, stanlompoc said:

Gold star post x a million.

Stupid guys with brain in small head throwing money and houses, cars, etc at a woman and her family just because she sleeps with them.

I was constantly compared to a farang married my wife's cousin because he gave them loadsacash, and they thought ALL farangs were like that.

Yes, they have ruined it for all farangs.

It's like the sin sod- there are still farangs come on TVF and boast how much they gave the MIL for a divorced woman with children. STUPID.

9 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

The blame is on the dead husband because he had a child in advanced years on an income that had no margin for error factored in

Almost every Thai lady I meet has children but no Thai father around.

Can't see that having a kid and then dying of old age is worst than having a kid and then running off (or getting killed in a RTA).

Foreigner way Vs Thai way = Same (same) outcome.

PS.

I'm not particularly talking bar girls, I'm living on a middle class Thai estate of 250 houses (1 foreigner, me). Almost every Thai guy appears to be dumping his Thai wife and moving away, some take the kids, some leave the kids. It's an amazing thing to experience.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

On 12/9/2017 at 12:33 AM, thaifan01 said:

He is not the first, and for sure not the last man who learns his lesson the hard way in Thailand.

Where else in the world do men in love give their spouses control of their lifesavings?

Think twice, you may feel better safe than sorry  

Honestly its no different from marrying a woman from the west. You may lose everything in Thailand but the same thing can happen in the west plus you will have alimony and/or child support payments on top of it.

15 minutes ago, stanlompoc said:

Good to see you have picked up the Thai relaxed approach to others through your 10 year stay :smile:

5 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm 62, my son is 6, I have plenty of time to look after him, he's busy playing with Plasticine this afternoon on the floor beside me.

(It's manufactured in Thailand, decent size block costs 5bht, hours of inventive fun)

I'd probably like your brother.

I like most of your posts, but honestly, just what is so great about fathering a child at 60+? It's not as though you are going to be around to get looked after by said offspring and IMO they are just a pain in the bum having to look after. It's not like they actually do anything to entertain you, unless pooping and pissing all day and screaming a lot is what you enjoy. Then when they get older you have to spend money on clothes and schools and stuff that could be better spent on having fun.

If a kid playing with plasticine ( I loved that stuff when I was a kid ) floats your boat, just borrow one for the day and give it back at night so you can watch tv or something in peace.

Come to that, I'm sure you could borrow one on a more permanent basis so your lovely wife doesn't get morning sickness, stretch marks and droopy boobs from carrying the foetus around for 9 months just so you can watch it playing with plasticine. 

More importantly, during last 6 months, and sometimes permanently afterwards, you can't **** your wife, which is the reason most men got married for in the first place.

28 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Maybe they like their In-Laws? 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not at all! Poland's Divorce Laws were so crazy back then that even if you went through all the time and trouble to get a Legal Divirce, you soon discovered that this didn't change anything. The Man or Woman you were trying to get rid of and out of your life, was still livng with you, but now has 50% Legal Ownship to the property. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It has changed a llot over the years mostly because people there have more money now and now can afford to move out and rent there own Flat, but it sure wasn't like that years ago, 

Made me think of an ex GF that dumped me. I didn't mind her not being around as she was a rotten GF, but I missed her parents as they were lovely.

Many countries have similar laws to Poland re matrimonial property. In New Zealand just live together 2 or 3 years and the ex is entitled to half.

I solved that one by refusing to live with an NZ woman. 

Edited by thaibeachlovers

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I like most of your posts, but honestly, just what is so great about fathering a child at 60+? It's not as though you are going to be around to get looked after by said offspring and IMO they are just a pain in the bum having to look after. It's not like they actually do anything to entertain you, unless pooping and pissing all day and screaming a lot is what you enjoy. Then when they get older you have to spend money on clothes and schools and stuff that could be better spent on having fun.

If a kid playing with plasticine ( I loved that stuff when I was a kid ) floats your boat, just borrow one for the day and give it back at night so you can watch tv or something in peace.

Come to that, I'm sure you could borrow one on a more permanent basis so your lovely wife doesn't get morning sickness, stretch marks and droopy boobs from carrying the foetus around for 9 months just so you can watch it playing with plasticine. 

More importantly, during last 6 months, and sometimes permanently afterwards, you can't **** your wife, which is the reason most men got married for in the first place.

I think the last sentence confirms the fact you have never had children

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gold star post x a million.

Stupid guys with brain in small head throwing money and houses, cars, etc at a woman and her family just because she sleeps with them.

I was constantly compared to a farang married my wife's cousin because he gave them loadsacash, and they thought ALL farangs were like that.

Yes, they have ruined it for all farangs.

It's like the sin sod- there are still farangs come on TVF and boast how much they gave the MIL for a divorced woman with children. STUPID.

gold star post x a million? really? well i try not to judge. i met my mrs at uni and we are still together after coming up to 20 years so i guess i'm not being referred to. anyway she earns more than me 555 i'm working on that. anyway. i know some people are daft and throw money at women here and often lose it all *as happens in the west*. those are generally bar girls or ex bar girls and are a tiny number of people. depends where you hang out i guess. the reason for my post is i know a few guys that are with divorced thai women with children. should they just give up on life because they had a kid and a relationship and it didn't work out or the guy was an <deleted>? i don't think so. some of my friends are happy with them and yes they do to a point look after them but not to the point that they'd lose everything. each to their own but to say they have ruined it for you as matey boy says in his post 5555 how exactly? is his bar girls not liking him coz he can't look after them like the older boys are willing to do?? JUST SAYIN' 555

Edited by Happy enough

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Made me think of an ex GF that dumped me. I didn't mind her not being around as she was a rotten GF, but I missed her parents as they were lovely.

Many countries have similar laws to Poland re matrimonial property. In New Zealand just live together 2 or 3 years and the ex is entitled to half.

I solved that one by refusing to live with an NZ woman. 

The fact of the matter is that it’s a jungle out there and you have to be a crafty bar steward to avoid being eaten up by the many predators lurking in the undergrowth. I wear my cynicism like a badge. “ True love” is a transitory psychological disease that can leave you without a proverbial pot to piss in.