Norwegian man says Thai wife and policeman lover framed him and got him deported

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Lots of people end up getting burned in most countries when it comes to love and money. Get married in the UK for example and it ends up in divorce...good luck keeping your house/assets if you are male there either...although you will probably get to keep at least a little.

Top-and-tail-of-it here in Thailand is that you shouldn't spend anything that you can't just throw up into the air in the street and walk away from saying "pfft." You can buy high value things like houses and cars, if you can afford them, and many foreigners get married and live happily ever after. The horror stories are usually people who have often shown (not always though) serious lack of judgment by spending more than they can afford to or what they can't afford to lose...an easily made mistake for the unwary/inexperienced in such a place. Keep your main principle money in a country that actually has laws for everyone and not selective enforcement and just bring over here what you are happy to chuck away on a roll-of-the-dice or good times. 

However, some people are overly negative on this one as bad news travels much faster than good news does....not like you read many news stories about "Foreigner is happily married for 40 years in Thailand" now, do you? Not everyone is doomed to failure as there are still many good Thai women to be found, just have to sift through the lies and deceit that you come across daily..but you get used to it after a while.

It's all a chance wherever you are, even though admittedly the risks are a little higher in such countries like this that have such money distribution inequality and discrimination towards even their own, along with the desperate fight by all to climb the ladder at all costs now.

The risks are huge in countries like this.

To repeat-this Norwegian chap does not appear to be a "newbie" and,for all we know,may have handled his funds quite efficiently,until it came to the crunch.

There are many ways to get you in Thailand and it is a well practiced art.

The long game can be even more deadly than the short one.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

The risks are huge in countries like this.

To repeat-this Norwegian chap does not appear to be a "newbie" and,for all we know,may have handled his funds quite efficiently,until it came to the crunch.

There are many ways to get you in Thailand and it is a well practiced art.

The long game can be even more deadly than the short one.

image.png.218a55fb6ed6d8c53cb4f061da829e37.png

:cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by 473geo

21 hours ago, Charlie54 said:

This always happens in Thailand and people never learn. Rules for living in Thailand are rent everything unless you are prepared to lose it. Rent the house, lease the car. Buy a motorbike if you wish but always give them a reason to keep you here and where it all goes pear shape, get out and go and find another to subsidize. Amazing how many foreigners think they are immune to all this. You never have 100% rights to live here. If they want you out they will get you out. Keep your money overseas. Take what you need here. Show what needs to be shown. Do you think some poor farmer in Issarn who has never had a pot to piss in missed the fact that you have a 2 million Mercedes, a 2 million house and money to boot. The temptation is too high. You never have 100% right to stay here no matter what you think. This is not Europe or the USA and time  for people to recognize that. Most Thai Lawyers are as useless as two left shoes. It goes nowhere. 

Oh dear. 

19 hours ago, balo said:

Not entirely true , you can buy the car in your own name 100%, unlike houses. Apart from that I agree with you.

Depends who the guy asks, most guys will believe their wife/wife's friends or for some reason get their wife to ask Immigration,  who have no idea about it.

?

On 12/8/2017 at 10:59 PM, greenchair said:

I think he's more concerned about his son. 

I think he can count him out of the equation now, she has the kid, will probably not even know who he is in relation to his father anyway. Mission accomplished by the stealer (in more ways than one) woman.

1 hour ago, mitsubishi said:

I think he can count him out of the equation now, she has the kid, will probably not even know who he is in relation to his father anyway. Mission accomplished by the stealer (in more ways than one) woman.

Father is recorded on his Birth Certificate and in the house book he is registered under.

Impossible to alter after the birth and initial Amphur registration as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Father is recorded on his Birth Certificate and in the house book he is registered under.

Impossible to alter after the birth and initial Amphur registration as far as I know.

Not impossible. 

My stepdaughter removed the father from the birth certificate. 

The father had to go to the district office though. 

And her grandparents had to agree also. 

That's remains me a farang I visited just after he moved to my village. A 55 years old bussines guy from England who bought 10 rai of prime land, is finishing the construction of a 10 million home, and introduce me to his companion. A 25 years old girl he met at the bank when opening his bank account after moving here. Because he also have a bussines in BK I asked if he bought the property in his company's name. His response?...No... it is all in her name. She earned my trust.