'mother' Tattoo

glenbat

can someone please write 'mother' in thai please? In a fairly large font so i can copy it onto paper to work with?

Would a tattoo of this on a male be frowned up/questioned by thai's or recognised in the same way it is in the uk, as love for ones mother?

many thanks in advance

can someone please write 'mother' in thai please? In a fairly large font so i can copy it onto paper to work with?

Would a tattoo of this on a male be frowned up/questioned by thai's or recognised in the same way it is in the uk, as love for ones mother?

many thanks in advance

I have certainly seen Thai men with เเม่ (mother) on one upper arm/shoulder and พ่อ (father) on the other.

I know nothing about Thai tattoo culture so I am not the right person to give you advice here... check with a few Thais to see their reaction.

My compass, for what it's worth, says it would seem weird to use the more formal words มารดา, อัมพา or มาตุ, so just แม่ or possibly คุณแม่ are probably better.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks people, I think I'm going to put the idea on hold at present as I may like to teach when I get over to LOS in the next year or so and have been advised Tattoo's are not a good look for teachers or prospective teachers to have

Thanks anyway guys

Thats true Brit, but was a little worried about maybe sports day etc or if I saw any pupils/other teachers out of work/school? Probably silly wondering if they would look at me differently if they saw one after I'd started teaching, would my job still be safe blah blah

Stupid most probably, but this is thailand :o

Thats true Brit, but was a little worried about maybe sports day etc or if I saw any pupils/other teachers out of work/school? Probably silly wondering if they would look at me differently if they saw one after I'd started teaching, would my job still be safe blah blah

Stupid most probably, but this is thailand :D

Think Scampy had Tats and he taught. :o

Stupid most probably, but this is thailand :D

Think Scampy had Tats and he taught. :o

Glenbat, if you are a good teacher or you get on with all of your fellow teachers and don't complain much I don't think there will be a problem. It will only be an issue if they are looking for a reason to get rid of you, but then I am sure they will find one one way or another..

Go ahead and get it mate :D

By the way, my mate got a tatoo of ครอบครัว across the to of his back (shoulder blades in the middle) and it looks great. krob kruwa = Family

ITR :D

• 2 weeks later...

many thanks in advance

I have certainly seen Thai men with เเม่ (mother) on one upper arm/shoulder and พ่อ (father) on the other.

I have also seen these, worn proudly, and with no disrespect from anyone.