Superpoll: US Nationals most happy in Thailand and foreigners think Prayut is doing better than the Thais

rooster59

16 hours ago, z42 said:

This is horseshit. It doesn't say what these people were doing in Thailand (and hence their suitability to give honest answers to all questions).

My guess would be that most Americans visiting Thailand on holiday would be clueless about who Prayuth is. And those who do know he is a junta leader.

Absurd

Read the OP.  It clearly says tourists.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:

I think the correct term is "mai pen rai."

pen arai means - - what is the matter... the mai - would negate that... though I have never heard that used in that way... plenty of 

mai mee arai - as nobody ever tends to have an arai.. surely just a typo... 

16 hours ago, z42 said:

This is horseshit. It doesn't say what these people were doing in Thailand (and hence their suitability to give honest answers to all questions).

My guess would be that most Americans visiting Thailand on holiday would be clueless about who Prayuth is. And those who do know he is a junta leader.

Absurd

Well, it is easy to understand why Americans are happier here, Trump is not.

2 minutes ago, Chai67 said:

The misleading title was enough to not read the post. Since when was Prayut not Thai?

It's not perfectly clear, but means foreigners think Prayut is doing a better job than Thai locals do.

A stupid question to ask tourists as they probably barely know who Prayut is!

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

77.5% said that the best thing about Thailand was the economic development?

Whaaaaaaaat?

The authors of this story about a poll are so brain-damaged that they should be forced to wear a helmet 24/7 for their own protection.

I think if you ask a tourist, they will be comparing to places like Cambodia etc and saying, yes Bangkok is developed very well.  And they give villages in the country a pass because they are supposed to be poor.  They are not talking about what you are thinking about if you live here.  

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:
Out of the 831 respondents in the poll, conducted from November 1st to December 8th, the following percentages were obtained about why visitors were here:

Rest from work         52.3%
Tourism                     46.8%
Visiting friends          13.1%
Trade Shows             11.1%
Seminars                     8.9%
Visiting relatives          8.1%

So is any of this ex-pats? Rest from work...w...t..f is that? Tourists, I doubt they'd even know who Prayut is. Once again total and absolute nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

pen arai means - - what is the matter... the mai - would negate that... though I have never heard that used in that way... plenty of 

mai mee arai - as nobody ever tends to have an arai.. surely just a typo... 

Wow! Great.

How do you hypothetically invent a term that negates "pen arai?"

So you get, "What is not the matter?"  Cool, I love it.

17 hours ago, z42 said:

Absurd

true words spoken ........

16 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

i'm American and i am happy here so count me. 5555

not one person asked lives here??

they did not think to ask that question as they were pulling the false survey outta their keester .....

As has been pointed out this survey was asking visitors to Thailand

Considering Bangkok is rated as one of the top cities to visit for its culture food. Ect 

not surprising  visitors rate it high

good job the survey was not asking retired expats here as quite a few seem to want to give negative responses 

I think a few need to look at themselves and ask the question why did I retire here then moan about it 

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Asked to rate PM Prayut's performance on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the best foreigners gave him a 5.32 score while the Thais polled were less enthusiastic - giving him just a 4.55 rating. 

So.... in the real world, the headlines would be screaming about how badly pm prayut would loose in a snap election, with a 45% approval rating 

30 minutes ago, Cranky said:

What the hell does a tourist know about the government here?   I've been here 94 years and have no idea what the government does

In all that (extremely lengthy) time, have you come across anyone who does know what the government does?

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:
--    Tourist places
--    Nature and the environment
--    The safety of the food
--    The economic development of Thailand
--    Infrastructure - such as airports, Skytrain, MRT and mobile networks.

So which of the above have been made worse under Prayuth?

Are beaches tourist places?

conversely, one could ask, which have been made better?

Regards better, we be already seen that he’s made corruption better, jumping from a ranking of 80ish to 101 during the last survey period.

17 hours ago, z42 said:

Absurd

Before we let you out of jail for mooning, would you be so kind to press one of these buttons to rate our country? ?