Non Immigrant O (Married to a Thai National) London

Hey everyone 

Thought this may be helpful to anyone trying to get a non o visa based on marriage from the London Thai consulate. 

I have recently obtained a 1 year non o MULTI ENTRY stamp, by simply providing the following & the visa fee plus postage etc.: 

x1 Application form with 2 photos
x1 Signed copy of my passport
x1 Signed (by my wife) copy of my wife's ID card & passport

x1 Copy of our marriage certificate (UK version)

Hope this helps anyone, as their website isn't really up to-date.  

visa.jpg

• Like 2

I could not open the London site so lookedon the LA USA site, you make no mention of your bank statements or a letter from your wife verifying the application and stating you are still married...   the Los  Angeles site requests the following..

- When submitting application  include:

- Your actual passport - valid for at least six more months (18 more months if applying for multiple-entry visa) and passport must have some blank visa pages - include a copy of the "picture/information" page of the passport
       - Two recent passport-type photos
       - Copy U.S. Permanent Resident card or long-term U.S. Visa (does not apply to U.S. passport holders)
       - Completed visa application [download]
       - Recent bank statement showing at least $700 US
       - Copy of airline tickets or e-ticket and...

To visit as a spouse of a Thai nationality, Fiance and Fiancee are not eligible for this category.
       - A copy of a valid and effective marriage certificate.
       - A copy of Thai passport /or Thai I.D. of the spouse.
       - A letter from the spouse verifying that the applicant and the spouse are still married and the purpose to visit Thailand.

To visit as an immediate family member of a Thai nationality
       - Documents proving such relationship with the visa application e.g., Birth Certificate and Thai Passport/ Thai I.D. of the parents who are Thai.

Yes no bank statements or letter from my wife were required. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) you only need to show bank statements for non o single entry. 

It must be different for every country, and yes you need to send your actual passport otherwise how would they get the visa in.  

11 hours ago, Karlo said:

Recent bank statement showing at least $700 US

That is required for all visa applications at the LA consulate and others. It is the equivalent of 20k baht that is required for visa application at many locations