Any Advice On 1 Day Bus Trips From Pattaya?

PATTAYAPUNTER

I'll start doing some research but I'm wondering if anyone could please suggest recommended activities for via a short bus ride from Pattaya?

Already been to Sattahip, Rayong, and Bang Sare.

I'm thinking of Chonburi or Sriracha. Not into the touristy or the beach. If you've visited anywhere close, could you please offer suggestions and where did you get the bus?

Thanks! :o

I would suggest a day trip into Bangkok, by bus, from the station on North Pattaya Road, close to Sukumvit Road... buses leave about every 20 minutes, 6:30 AM to about 9 PM. Two hours one way, 117 baht.

I've heard of this Bangkok place you speak of. Thanks. :o

Anything closer with suggestions of what to do there please? Thanks.

if you haven't been to Nong Nooch tropical gardens, i'd definately recomend going there and this time of year before it starts getting hot is the right time, tell the misses to dress up and you'll get to take some lovely photos with the surrounding you have there. On a downside but if i don't know if true, it only used to be a 100 baht entry regardless of skin colour, but someone told me they went the other week and were charged 400 baht each, but like i say i don't know if true or he paid for an elephant show or something on top.

BB

if you haven't been to Nong Nooch tropical gardens.

I've been there on my maiden visit to LOS. I've been asking for tips on/offline and in order to avoid touristy, BKK, or another beach, I'm being led towards Sriracha or Chonburi.

Anyone been to either place? Something worth seeing? I wanted to see the Chonburi buffalo races but I missed that. Hmm...there must be something worth the trip? In truth, I just need a break from Pattaya and I've covered every meter of Koh Larn already....:o

Thanks to anyone adding to this. By the way, if you're in Pattaya this week and want to join me, send me a PM.

Edited by PATTAYAPUNTER

There is a nice aquarium in Bang Saen, it,s given to the Thais from the Japanese, only 20฿ admission fee, after that, you can enjoy the clean, broad beachroad (100x better than in Pattaya) or lend a bicycle and cruise around.

Siracha? We have a member here who could provide some good information but last time we spoke about Siracha he said there are already too much Tourists/Expats so you better avoid this place. :o

Behind Chonburi is Ang sila with it's oysterbed, a nice Chinese Temple, and the famous granite stone-masoning.

Take any Bus in direction BKK and just tell the busboy were you like to go, he will let you out at the right place (this means near a motorbiketaxi, songteow etc., closest to your destination).

A good day trip I've done a few times is to Koh Si Chang off Sriracha. Koh Si Chang is a quiet island with a village and a hotel on one side and a nice beach on the other side. On the village side where the ferry comes in there is a big Chinese style temple. You walk up the pier then when you hit the road turn right and walk 10 minutes and you will come to it, well worth the look as it's on a hill and you get great views.

After walking about the village you can get on a trike, similar to the 3 wheel taxi motorbikes you get in Isaan. Catch one of those to the beach on the other side of the island. You mentioned you weren't that keen on the beach but this way you can see the island and have lunch there. After lunch come back to village walk about and have a beer in one of the shop fronts and catch the ferry back.

To get there walk up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit (or catch baht bus). Turn left when you hit Sukhumvit and stop at the first bus stop on the left hand side in front of the Petronas servo. Buses come by often and touts on the bus will yell out to you, all you ned to say is Sriracha and if they are going that way they will take you. You will get dropped off on the main drag in Sriracha, you can walk 10/15 minutes to the pier or catch a baht bus, then take the ferry to Koh Si Chang.

If you want me to post some photos of Koh Si Chang let me know, cheers.

Edit: You beat me to it Artisan, cheers. :o

Edited by bmanly

• 2 months later...

Malibu travel in Na Klua do guided day trips to Bang Pa In and Ayudhaya (one trip), and overnight trips to Kanchanaburi (River Kwai).

I can vouch for these two, as my family went on them.

They also do other day trips around the region - regularly scheduled and bespoke, if you have a large group.

Malibu were recommended to me by a farang travel agent, who also uses them a lot.

if you haven't been to Nong Nooch tropical gardens, i'd definately recomend going there and this time of year before it starts getting hot is the right time, tell the misses to dress up and you'll get to take some lovely photos with the surrounding you have there. On a downside but if i don't know if true, it only used to be a 100 baht entry regardless of skin colour, but someone told me they went the other week and were charged 400 baht each, but like i say i don't know if true or he paid for an elephant show or something on top.

BB

Beautiful place, easy to spend a day there. Has it's own small zoo, elephant rides, restaurants, a pond.

Traditional Thai house bungalows for overnight stay (2200B) but not many of them.

Come over to Bang Saen and I will show you around.

Mike

Thanks for the offer. Been to Bang Sare beach several times but have passed on Bang Saen because all the discussions I hear about it pertain to "The Strip" of bars similar to sexy soi 6 Pattaya.

Anything you can tell us about Bang Saen Sir Mike?

Methinks you are confusing Bang Saen with Bang Chang!!! :o

No strip of sexy bars in Bang Saen last time I was there - unless things have changed in the past year :D

I'll leave it to Mike to fill you in on the delights of Bang Saen - of which there are many. I used to live there,and it's not bad place at all. :D

Can I drive the car onto Ko Si-chang?

And if me and the GF were to stay for a night are there any places to get a drink(nice place not disco) ......or does everywhere shut at 9pm?

You park your car at Sri Racha harbour and take the ferry over. The harbour area is locked at night and is quite safe. My friend and I both left our cars there for 2 nights over new year and they were fine.

The ferry takes about 30 minutes and you get around the island on samlors.

I recommend you to Pan & David's where good food and drink can be had till the wee hours.

Here is their site, which gives you loads of general info about the island and things to do.

http://www.ko-sichang.com/

David is a great host and raconteur, and can also arrange accommodation.

You will not regret your visit.

Sound fantastic for a quick get away thanks.

If i was to rent a motor bike for the day...how big/small is the island eg. how long would it take if i went to "X" beach (furthest away) to Pan and Davids? It only looks small but its on a map lol. Do i need to look for a beach or accomadation near there place or is the island that small it doesnt matter?

Cheers

Ko Samet !

Or if you are going to Ko Larn nearby, then make sure to get a truck/bus over to Samae Beach, which is the best one and on the other side of the island. Takes just 10 minutes or so getting there.

Edited by chanchao

Sound fantastic for a quick get away thanks.

If i was to rent a motor bike for the day...how big/small is the island eg. how long would it take if i went to "X" beach (furthest away) to Pan and Davids? It only looks small but its on a map lol. Do i need to look for a beach or accomadation near there place or is the island that small it doesnt matter?

Cheers

When I was there over New Year, I noticed there were a number of young Thai couples who rented motor bikes to get around.

The island is quite small, and probably would take no more than 30 minutes to get from one end to the other.A bike is a good idea, because there is a lot of stuff to see. Did you know that the Royal family once made the island their main home? And there are some spectacular sea views

I think there are 2 decent beaches. The accommodation is all within 5 mins or closer to the sea The rooms near Pan and David's are cheap and look out over the ocean. I suggest you phone David, and ask him to book you a room - he is a very obliging guy, especially if you promise him a cold one. :D

Have a nice break :o