Royal Enfield interceptor Price

EVENKEEL

On 12/14/2017 at 10:00 AM, Damrongsak said:

Saw an ad with "expected price" at 325000 Indian Rupees.  About $5,000 USD.  No idea what it would fetch in Thailand.

So get a similar price for an Indian Continental GT and pro-rate the Thai Continental GT?

On 12/14/2017 at 10:00 AM, Damrongsak said:

Saw an ad with "expected price" at 325000 Indian Rupees.  About $5,000 USD.  No idea what it would fetch in Thailand.

https://images.maxabout.com/misc/infographics/image/quick-facts-royal-enfield-interceptor-650-continental-gt-650

On 12/18/2017 at 9:35 AM, VocalNeal said:

So get a similar price for an Indian Continental GT and pro-rate the Thai Continental GT?

Ok I did the math.

About 340,000 Baht? 

Not bad, but they could have done sooooo much better. I was quite looking fwd to this until it came out. Disappointing.

Especially the arse about tit engine covers.

Anybody wants to know why, just google images of the ORIGINAL Interceptor from the late 60's.

One of the best big Brit twins ever made and certainly one of the best looking.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, VocalNeal said:

Lots or work but maybe if the covers were water blasted matt?

No. The "timing" cover is on the left and the "primary" cover is on the right. Arse about tit to every Brit twin ever made inc the original RE Interceptor. And they are not very shapely. R/H side just looks like a blob.

Want to see how it should be done just check the latest Hinkley Triumph twins out compared to the original Meriden Triumph twins.

Classy covers.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Now this surprised me ...

2018 will see the company manufacture nearly 850,000 motorcycles, a 2,025 percent increase over the 40,000 motorcycles built in 2010.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/royal-enfield-overcoming-past-perceptions-to-build-a-new-reality-of-reliability

Interesting.

"According to Poland, India will still consume the majority of those motorcycles with Thailand, Indonesia, Brazil, Colombia, the United States, Mexico and Europe splitting the rest."

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's going to be a strong competitor for Triumph and Kawasaki. Looks nice.

Maybe ...

Give it a year, see how it holds up, see what service is available.

If it is like other models in their lineup ... serious defects will be uncovered

• Like 2

I just CANNOT GET MY HEAD round the motor being arse about tit.

It's the wrong way round.

Anybody brought up on Brit parallel twins knows what i'm talking about.

It just don't look right....

All they had to do was design everything 180 around, maybe even have a R/H chain output, who cares, but at least it would have looked right.

• Haha 2

At this price, you could afford to replace the suspension with something more robust, if necessary,

I inquired with local dealers, and they're taking orders now, for a deposit of 5,000 baht, with the first 650 twins to be delivered in March 2019.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I just CANNOT GET MY HEAD round the motor being arse about tit.

It's the wrong way round.

Anybody brought up on Brit parallel twins knows what i'm talking about.

It just don't look right....

All they had to do was design everything 180 around, maybe even have a R/H chain output, who cares, but at least it would have looked right.

Just remember it is no longer a Brit bike well in name only, it is a Indian Bike now like it or not

Just remember it is no longer a Brit bike well in name only, it is a Indian Bike now like it or not

What about the R&D factory in Leicester??
Your not wrong but it’s slowly getting a little bit more ‘British’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1