Bangkok Metropolitan Police to enforce tougher law on motorbike drivers

webfact

On 12/12/2017 at 2:47 PM, samsensam said:

they'll have to get the RTP to wear helmets first, and stop riding on pavements and up one way streets the wrong way, then maybe they can turn their attention to the general public.

but seriously, it would be a start if the the police in bangkok actually enforce this, which i doubt, but why only bangkok? and how about the other law breakers on the roads?

correct  on  both   points.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helmets in Thailand are a laugh. Having an Arai helmet myself for driving my bike outside the soi. In our soi, never use an helmet. Driving a motorbike in our soi is safer than going on a bicycle or walking. Walking in our soi without sidewalks is way too dagerous. On Sept 21, 2015 I got hit by a truck, just waiting in front of the 7/11 because the monkey driver had only one leg and couldn't control the truck. Broke my shoulder, arm and had surgery for over 2 million baht. Truck driver didn't have any insurance nor he had not paid any taxes for his truck since 1985. Truck was from 1974. He got fined 500 THB !!!

Monkey country run by brainless monkeys !!!

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

What crackdown ??? I had to move out of the way to avoid a fat policeman on a motorbike

on the pavement only yesterday...... They cannot even get their own house in order first

I believe I have seen the most in this matter everything from Reading/writing/sending sms to been completely drunk when they drive, BUT and at least I have yet to see a policeman on a motorbike in Thailand not wearing a helmet...:clap2:

on the bikes on pavement, you can at least video them on your phone while smiling and shouting at the same time

'facebook live facebook live ha ha ha'

I have done this and people look really worried.

facebook live is understood all over thailand