Blueberries and blackberries in Thailand

At chatuchak on wednesdaymorning i've seen a stand with loads of berries that i had never heard of before...they were imported and still had the labels on them in european languages.

The stand is always right at the metrostation for chatuchak, if you come up there from the metro it's one of those stands at the corner of the ringroad of chatuchak market.

interesting, and some very impressive berry results for 400m altitude. I'm kind of surprised they can do without either chill or long nights (photoperiod seasonal break), and still go into flowering/fruiting mode. II'll be moving onto a new farm shortly, and will give them a go. 

BTW if anyone wants climate maps for se Asia, I have a lot of info, monthly averages.. rainfall/ max&min T/evaporation/altitude on 30 sec grid (~80m) that can be made into Google Earth overlay maps. (Line maxvv2)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

At chatuchak on wednesdaymorning i've seen a stand with loads of berries that i had never heard of before...they were imported and still had the labels on them in european languages.

The stand is always right at the metrostation for chatuchak, if you come up there from the metro it's one of those stands at the corner of the ringroad of chatuchak market.

When you say "loads of berries' are you talking about berry plants or berry fruits? 

49 minutes ago, JungleBiker said:

When you say "loads of berries' are you talking about berry plants or berry fruits? 

Different berries that i had never heard of.

I know blueberry raspberry blackberry but they had many similar ones with different names. Later when i googled for those i found out that they were from other continents where they grow wild as well.

They looked like raspberries but i saw orange ones, small ones and they all had different  rubus names. 

There were maybe 30 plants or so but they sold well...you have to be there early i think .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JungleBiker said:

OK, so you're talking about a shop selling plants. Thanks. 

Not a real shop like they also have at chatuchak but this is a market vendor only there on wednesday and maybe also thursday.

Those days is the plantmarket, the whole chatuchak market is loaded with traders coming to sell plants/bulbs/flowers and what not. Best come early cause it's hot...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...