Does Big C Pattaya Tai have an Elevator?

ftpjtm

My elderly mother is visiting. She uses a walker but has difficulty negotiating escalators.

Does anyone know if Big C at Pattaya Tai has an elevator so she doesn't have to use the moving sidewalk? If yes where, so we can attempt to park nearby.

How about Big C Pattaya Kang?

25 minutes ago, kawikasudo said:

Big C Pattaya Klang don't have elevators. You have to contact the staff and they will help you down the escalator.

There is one there (Big C extra) , hidden 50 meters on your left in front of the Homepro entrance, exit is on the parking.

2 hours ago, teigen said:

There is one there (Big C extra) , hidden 50 meters on your left in front of the Homepro entrance, exit is on the parking.

Thanks, I'll look for that.

How about at Big C Pattaya Tai? It's easier to get to for us.

3 hours ago, YaiJung said:

Big C Pattaya Tai definitely has an elevator. Access on ground level from the indoor parking lot, near the handicapped spots, next to the auto-accessories shop.

Thank you very much! 

Thanks for all the replies. After a few days of traveling around with my mother I'd like to report our experiences for the benefit of others in the same situation.

There is handicap parking and an elevator in Big C Pattaya Tai around the corner from the Auto Supplies shop on the ground floor. It takes you up to the second floor near the restrooms, and where you collect shopping carts on the side of Big C where food is sold. The elevator is used to bring the carts back up the second floor from the parking lot.

As mentioned by "teigen" there is also a lift at Big C Pattaya Klang at the far end of the second floor, past Home Pro and near the restrooms.

At Big C, Central Festival, the new Home Pro on Sukhumvit south of Jomtiem (I'm not sure which city it is in) and seemingly all large shops, if one asks for a wheel chair one will be produced for loan in exchange for and ID card by the security personnel in the parking lots. Central Festival has plenty of handicap parking on the third floor and is extremely easy to get around having elevators near the entrances to the mall from the parking garage.

I also must say that my mother has been treated very well by everyone she has encountered. The Thais seem very much charmed by seeing an elderly farang woman interested in visiting their country. Lots of unasked for assistance getting the wheelchair over curbs, small steps etc. and lots of kind attention. I encourage anyone with elderly parents or friends wishing to visit this area to bring them, especially if they have a car available for transportation.

Edited by ftpjtm

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Does one need some sort of permit to display in order to use the handicap parking stalls, or is it on an honor system?

Good question I don't know the answer to. We don't have an official permit if there is such a thing, but in most cases there is a parking lot attendant nearby who moves the gate blocking Handicap parking spaces upon request. None have mentioned a permit.

We have some visitors arriving at the end of the week and are bringing my mother's US permit just so we have something semi official to display though.

Edited by ftpjtm