Deputy chief of police blows a gasket at all the seaside litter!

webfact

Deputy chief of police blows a gasket at all the seaside litter!

1(720).jpg

Picture: TNews

A video of the deputy chief of Chonburi police blowing a fuse down at the seaside is going viral on the internet.

Phisit Prorungroj was filmed as he strutted along a waterfront pointing out all manner of trash left by tourists visiting the area.

There was a bottle here, a pile of unfinished food there, foam.....you name it, the chief was furious with the messy public.

He finally turned round and said he wasn't having it.

He refused to allow the street to be cordoned off for a New Year party.

"They can organize it in front of the courts," he fumes before giving a sharp salute.

Phisit's rant inspired Tnews to list all the reasons why littering is bad - it read like the syllabus from Year 1 or Year 2 at a primary school.

For example there could be sharp objects that might hurt people.

Marine life could be damaged if it got in the sea.

No one mentioned that there appeared to be no trash cans in the area.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-13

Time for another 'crackdown' and a blitz on all unruly tourists, by the way,

are you sure that only tourists are to blame and not some locals too?

will litter carry a mandatory jail sentence like smoking or holding a

E cigarette maybe?....

..trash left by tourists ?!....

...right!...it's once again those awful farangs who dispose of their used waters into the sea and consider the klongs as their personnal drains.....

....it's really about time those awful farangs in Sin City learn that the only thing they can leave is their ca$h and not their trash!!

Edited by observer90210

41 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

it's once again those awful farangs

Ummm ... if you care to visit the beach sometime, you'll notice that a lot of the "tourists" are Thais. So Phisit is mostly correct: it is tourists (of all hues, shapes and sizes) who are committing this offence. The rest are obviously locals. Some of the trash might blow in from offshore. Phisit might manage to get the beach cleaned up today, but will he bother tomorrow? After all, he's now had his 5 minutes of fame and impressed everyone with his manly authoritarianism -- time to strut off back to the adoration of his colleagues and lots of pats on the back.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

...right!...it's once again those awful farangs who dispose of their used waters into the sea and consider the klongs as their personnal drains.....

....it's really about time those awful farangs in Sin City learn that the only thing they can leave is their ca$h and not their trash!!

Quite.  Here in Koh Samui I leave close to several beaches which are hardly visited by tourists.  They are always covered in rubbish as are the surrounding roadsides and fields.  Absolutely all of this is dumped by Thais. Bottles, food containers, bags of rubbish, left overs from BBQ parties and of course sh*t in any convenient location. Littering is Thai culture not Farang.

Xenophobic at best, is there a fear of trash cans?

"No one mentioned that there appeared to be no trash cans in the area"

Why is it so difficult for the Thai to provide trash cans in abundance?

Doesn't having trash cans creates jobs, not only making them but to have them emptied on a regular basis?

Where I live, there are no foreigners, and the trash that is everywhere comes from the lazy disrespectful Thai people.

I took video of a bunch of men unloading trash onto the side of the street, asked a friend of mine whose father was a police officer how to report this. The answer was "I don't know, I'll ask". Still no answer, nor do I expect one.

while i dont doubt some tourists leave rubbish i remember a previous gf taking me to a thai resort, i dont remember the name but i was pretty much the only foreigner, the beach was a disgrace; plastic bottles, bags, food containers, food packaging all over the place. i fancied a swim until i walked to the waters edge and saw the colour of the water and the rubbish floating there. the locals didnt seem to mind about the mess but i'll never return to that place.

If he wants to clean up Pattaya why doesn't he investigate the two police officers I saw extorting money from the manageress of Kiss Kool on Monday night?  If he wants further proof his force are corrupt ask ANY bar/business owner in his town.

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Calm down. He used his words in respect to "visitors" and "tourists" as in those people who visit the location and leave it a mess.  He's right.

19 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If he wants to clean up Pattaya why doesn't he investigate the two police officers I saw extorting money from the manageress of Kiss Kool on Monday night?  If he wants further proof his force are corrupt ask ANY bar/business owner in his town.

He can't investigate unless there is a complaint. He needs witnesses. Will you be providing a statement?

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I don't see that anyone's made the assumption that all the tourists are farangs but you. Why's that? Funny, given all the continual hysteria about Chinese and Russians on the forum. You may get a pass on Thai tourists, as TAT: TVF refuses to recognize them (would blow the narrative). Can we do without some of the usual victimism?

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

I don't see that anyone's made the assumption that all the tourists are farangs but you. Why's that? Funny, given all the continual hysteria about Chinese and Russians on the forum. You may get a pass on Thai tourists, as TAT: TVF refuses to recognize them (would blow the narrative). Can we do without some of the usual victimism?

Once again you did not catch the irony of the contents, Why's that?  Can we stop a bit with the usual pro-Pattaya inflammatory reactions and take a more pragmatic approach in considering that all is not "sugar n'spice n' everythings nice" and perhaps learn to accept different opinions from others  ?

23 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Once again you did not catch the irony of the contents, Why's that?

Oh, but I did. The irony depends on the victimist assumption the Deputy Chief was referring to farangs whereas we all know it's not just farangs. So that's your answer; my question's still on the table.

Can we stop a bit with the usual pro-Pattaya inflammatory reactions and take a more pragmatic approach in considering that all is not "sugar n'spice n' everythings nice" and perhaps learn to accept different opinions from others  ?

1. There's nothing particularly pro-Pattaya about my post or inflammatory.

2. My approach was eminently pragmatic in pointing out that the Deputy Chief made no reference to farangs; in fact he surely meant "all types of tourists" by the word "tourists."

3. Having been a member on the forum for more than a decade, I don't think I've ever read a post by anyone claiming that everything's perfect and wonderful in Pattaya. If so, let's have the link. Otherwise, erecting strawmen doesn't make your case.

4. I'll feel free to disagree w/ anyone's opinion I have reason to think is nonsensical in one way or the other, in the interests of fairness, reasonable perspective, and objective reality.

Next.

Edited by JSixpack