Brit becomes a celebrity in Dominican Republic after being turned down by online girlfriend

webfact

Brit becomes a celebrity in Dominican Republic after being turned down by online girlfriend

br.jpg

© Glyn Thomas Bailey / Facebook

A British man who flew to the Dominican Republic to meet his online girlfriend only to be turned down for being cash-strapped has become the island’s new celebrity. The Welshman is now stranded in the country.

Glyn Thomas Bailey has become the new star of the Caribbean after his supposed virtual girlfriend, mum-of-four Wilfa Soto Peguero, posted a video online pleading for someone to help her get rid of him.

Peguero claims she had agreed to meet Bailey after talking to him for six months over the internet with the help of Google Translate.

Full story: https://www.rt.com/uk/412909-british-dominican-republic-celebrity/

-- RT 2017-12-13

Seriously. The guy flies to the Dominican Republic on a one-way ticket and doesn't even have cab fare ! He was seriously expecting a single mother of 4 to support HIM !??!?!

Or the whole story is just a load of kwaii khee like so many other fake sob stories that get posted here these days.

Oh wait - according to a different version of the story the Brit is actually a multi-millionaire who owns a resort island that rents for $80,000 per night ! Supposedly he was just playing the "poor man" game to "test" the woman to see if she loved him or his money but after mooching off of her for a few days decided that she didn't "pass the test" so he supposedly flew home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwExGX-Wfbw

Because that is what super-rich people do. Troll dating sites for single mothers with 4 kids in 3rd world countries then spend 6 months wooing them over the internet before flying there without a penny in their pockets to "test" if their "love" is real.

Makes me wonder if this guy has the same mentality as some of the farangs that show up in Thailand.  That is, "just show my white face in-country and the local girls will swoon."  Doesn't quite work that way.  If you can't "take care," then you're no better than the dirt poor local guy.  Actually, even less desirable. 

30 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Makes me wonder if this guy has the same mentality as some of the farangs that show up in Thailand.  That is, "just show my white face in-country and the local girls will swoon."  Doesn't quite work that way.  If you can't "take care," then you're no better than the dirt poor local guy.  Actually, even less desirable. 

30 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

he is really ugly, same as a lot of farangs coming here to find a woman.

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What kind of idiot would fly to another country to meet someone, and not have the means to even support himself?  You can't fix stupid. 

And I bet he wonders why she dumped him...  "Hey I just showed up on your doorstep with no money, for you to take care of me.  Y u running for your life, baby?!"

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I wish they would stop referring to these people as "Brits". He is a Welshman.

An Englishman would never do such a thing :whistling:.

To be pedantic, the Welsh are the 'Brits', the descendants of the Celtic people who were known as the Britons.

The English were created from the Anglo-Saxons and who invaded Britannia and drove the Britons back to Cardiff Arms Park, the Danes who founded Grimsby, the Normans who came the long way round, and various other tribes who found they liked the climate and the generous welfare payments.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:19 PM, RickBradford said:

To be pedantic, the Welsh are the 'Brits', the descendants of the Celtic people who were known as the Britons.

The English were created from the Anglo-Saxons and who invaded Britannia and drove the Britons back to Cardiff Arms Park, the Danes who founded Grimsby, the Normans who came the long way round, and various other tribes who found they liked the climate and the generous welfare payments.

I would like to see you sit down in a pub and explain all this to a Taffy 

On 13/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, Just1Voice said:

What kind of idiot would fly to another country to meet someone, and not have the means to even support himself?  You can't fix stupid. 

A Brit. Do you know why? I do, I am British. This is 2017 British culture.

HOMELESS. Give me home now.

SKINT. Give me money now.

SICK. Heal me now.

NOT SATISFIED. I will sue you now.

WORK. Piss off.

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me,.......

On 12/12/2017 at 11:23 PM, Just1Voice said:

The Thai Visa Forum Association of Internet Sleuths, Clairvoyants and Experts have identified the chap as Glyn Thomas Bailey, from Wales. 

br.jpg

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Fantasy story.

Nobody can be so stupid to fly with an oneway ticket around half the world, with no money in the pockets to meet for the first time their online date.

Well, apparently this  gentleman accomplished this.

He looks like he belongs in Pattaya. 

Edited by geriatrickid

15 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The Thai Visa Forum Association of Internet Sleuths, Clairvoyants and Experts have identified the chap as Glyn Thomas Bailey, from Wales. 

br.jpg

Well, apparently this  gentleman accomplished this.

He looks like he belongs in Pattaya. 

Sitting outside 7-11 on Beach Road. He would fit right in.