Surprise in my Pizza Box

sqwakvfr

Major screw up on my part today.  I went to Pizza Da Hut in CM today(I rarely go there but I wanted a pizza for some reason).  Ordered the "Seafood Lovers".  Paid and took the pizza home.  Failed to clearly read the ingredients which was printed in small cap(I guess the vision is getting old along with the body) and when I opened the box realized 1000 Island dressing was the pizza sauce.  OMG.  This is the first I have ever seen 1000 Island dressing as the sauce in a pizza.  Morale of the story, read the ingredient section carefully.  Ahhhh or HA HA HA or 5,5,5.  Good night..

The Duke's used to serve a bargain burger that came with 1000 island. I scraped it off the first time and thereafter ordered without.

1000 island on a burger?  Maybe some folks liked it. 

Many places will ask if you want ketchup for your pizza.  :ermm:  But they are learning. 

10 hours ago, amexpat said:

The Duke's used to serve a bargain burger that came with 1000 island. I scraped it off the first time and thereafter ordered without.

1000 island on a burger?  Maybe some folks liked it. 

1,000 Island dressing is what comes on Big Macs, but a thicker version so it won't drip from the burger. I don't think it is an unusual topping.

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

1,000 Island dressing is what comes on Big Macs, but a thicker version so it won't drip from the burger. I don't think it is an unusual topping.

Yes.  It is mayonnaise, ketchup and pickles, not at all unusual for burgers.

1 hour ago, amexpat said:

Thanks. I (obviously) didn't know that.  It seems awfully sweet to me.

But I guess the Duke knows what he's doing. 

Does not have to be sweet and I agree, sweet is not tasty.  Some ketchup is sweet, others not, sometimes they use "salad dressing" which is a very sweet disgusting kind of mayo.