Greenhorn's guide – Relationships with Thai young lady's

Once Bitten

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Enjoyed the poem and for bargirls applicable, so what about the other circa 20+ million women in Thailand?

Thanks...........and there are some lovely/delightful kind and caring women here as we all know, but as you quite rightly pointed out, this is applicable to a specific kind.

Having said that I have known some good hearted bargirls!

36 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks...........and there are some lovely/delightful kind and caring women here as we all know, but as you quite rightly pointed out, this is applicable to a specific kind.

Sounds like you're shopping for a new mother.

That isn't at all what I'm looking for in a Bar Girl.

11 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Sounds like you're shopping for a new mother.

That isn't at all what I'm looking for in a Bar Girl.

I don't understand your comment..............and I'm not looking for anyone; perfectly happy being single and staying that way!!

Relationships with Thai young lady's

A Thai young lady's what exactly, a certain part of her anatomy?

Or is this supposed to be plural?

I gave up giving advice to new tourists years ago. Even a good friend completely ignored what I told him in the UK before his 1st trip to Thailand for the wedding of his nephew up country.

Total disaster happened. Cost him a fortune and his nephew was divorced in 4 years after being skinned.

No matter what they are told, "It will never happen to me" is the attitude people take.

Don't waste your breath.

:burp:

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Relationships with Thai young lady's

A Thai young lady's what exactly, a certain part of her anatomy?

Or is this supposed to be plural?

I gave up giving advice to new tourists years ago. Even a good friend completely ignored what I told him in the UK before his 1st trip to Thailand for the wedding of his nephew up country.

Total disaster happened. Cost him a fortune and his nephew was divorced in 4 years after being skinned.

No matter what they are told, "It will never happen to me" is the attitude people take.

Don't waste your breath.

:burp:

when u think about how many people are actually successful in life not many and i feel thats cos their not as clever as those other guy who are successful so i just get the feeling if their not clever enough to be successful then what makes them think they are clever enough not to get caught by some lovely little thai bird when quite clearly he his only thinking with the small head and his ego. let them learn the hard way:cheesy:

40 minutes ago, catman20 said:

when u think about how many people are actually successful in life not many and i feel thats cos their not as clever as those other guy who are successful so i just get the feeling if their not clever enough to be successful then what makes them think they are clever enough not to get caught by some lovely little thai bird when quite clearly he his only thinking with the small head and his ego. let them learn the hard way:cheesy:

Most stupid people don't think they're stupid. And it's something you can't fix.

Add to that, most western men are programmed all their lives to buy property and get married.

Two things which are rarely good ideas, but also really hard to resist.

9 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Most stupid people don't think they're stupid. And it's something you can't fix.

Add to that, most western men are programmed all their lives to buy property and get married.

Two things which are rarely good ideas, but also really hard to resist.

yes some of what you say is true. buying property was a great idea for me in the UK i made and still made money. the getting married thing i agree with you 100% done it once when young and stupid but never again.

6 minutes ago, catman20 said:

yes some of what you say is true. buying property was a great idea for me in the UK i made and still made money. the getting married thing i agree with you 100% done it once when young and stupid but never again.

Magic property years in the UK 1960-2000.

Outside those time people tended to lose money (or if you were a divorced man, often a total loss).

After WW1 and WW2 in the UK you couldn't give it away. Most of the big land owners went bust.

Depends where you live as well, Detroit went from prime to worthless in a fairly short time. Florida prices haven't risen since 1990. France some pals of mine sold a farmhouse last year for less than they paid 20 years ago.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Most blokes who had success with plenty of women in their pasts can arrive here and pretty much say "Meh" to the huge supply of women here.

That definitely doesn't mean they're not interested; it just means they're far less likely to allow their little head to do their thinking for them.

The scams, sob stories and plethora of ways a woman will try to separate you from your money - in dribs and drabs or in lump sums - are so frickin' obvious, a five year old could spot them and yet

educated western men with street smarts and life experience are regularly out-maneuvered by dumb farm girls.

I've been here a decade - never fallen for a blag . . . . Before i met my architect GF, I played a little but as soon as one of these meal ticket hunters opened her mouth, I just started laughing, stopped her mid sentence and said words to the effect of, "Forget it, luv. I ain't givin' you shit. If it's a deal-breaker, there's the door." 

One or two used it but many didn't and, although they sulked, they at least had grudging respect me for not being an idiot with my money.

Of course, it did mean that things didn't progress to anything long term but, then again, only a mug would want to get serious with a bird specifically looking for handouts in the first place.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

How many of those blokes do you know and how many of them are in Thailand?

I think very few of us can rightly claim we "had success with plenty of women"...

I know a few and they're all in Thailand.

They didn't come here for women - they came here to save money

39 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Depends on what you mean by "success''??

Also depends on what you mean by plenty.

I had success with 3, English 30 years, Thai 1 year, Thai 9 years, not much time to fit in many more.

Although one could argue that 'success', wouldn't have allowed more than 1 woman.

It's all too much for me!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

13 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Work it out

Success inasmuch as you found "the one". or success with scores of women or hundreds?

Anyway probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things!!

PS. I came here to get away from the rat race, retire and relax and enjoy my life.

Edited by xylophone

In the context of men who move to Thailand and experience the "kid in a sweet shop" rush and then declare undying love for some lag 4 months in like the bloke the OP's talking about, a bloke who's had "plenty of success" won't be salivating over every bit of pretty skirt he sees because it's nothing he hasn't seen before.

Conversely, guys who've spent much of their lives counting themselves lucky if they got laid once a month or being starved by an asexual spouse on the sex front can't help themselves when they arrive.

Now, that's not a bad thing as long as their big head has the final say when it comes to life decisions.

Edited by Thai Ron

14 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Magic property years in the UK 1960-2000.

Outside those time people tended to lose money (or if you were a divorced man, often a total loss).

After WW1 and WW2 in the UK you couldn't give it away. Most of the big land owners went bust.

Depends where you live as well, Detroit went from prime to worthless in a fairly short time. Florida prices haven't risen since 1990. France some pals of mine sold a farmhouse last year for less than they paid 20 years ago.

you may well be right about the USA and France i think your not correct about the uk .

ive been here since 2000 but i still stay in contact with some friends in the uk and only a couple of months ago i was talking to them about property prices where we all lived and they have gone up by about 25 to 30% since 2000 in surrey and south London.

29 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I am very lonely when I want to be.

I too enjoy a bit of solitude,difficult to get here sometimes,my wife is a bit confused about it,being Thai they don't really do the solitude deal,in fact most of them can't even sleep without someone else in the bed,my wife sleeps in bed with her daughter if i am away,scared of Ghosts i think.

19 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

One or two used it but many didn't and, although they sulked, they at least had grudging respect me for not being an idiot with my money.

Laughed very much so at that statement.

No, they would not have respected you. More likely smiled at you when you handed over the bar fine or paid for the meal. Very few do it if they are not getting something even if it is small in return.

Even my wife I could say was the same. When I first met her, she paid half of the meal and asked me that she had spent 4 years at University but her English skills, even though she completed her English modules, was seriously lacking and asked me after several coffee trips and dinners together that she went 50/50 in, could I come to a coffee shop a few times a week and spend a couple of hours teaching her speaking.

There is always a catch. 

A friend of ours who has an outstanding job and is Thai said she only reason she wants a farang (she currently has a Thai boyfriend) said she is paying 12,500 a month for house repayments, 7,300 for car repayments, 1,290 for her mobile. If that can be paid off just for looking after someone only for a few years for all that payment being off instead of her grinding away for the next 25 years at work, she will do anything even if he looked like Toad from ''Wind and the Willows''.

It's not about love. It is about security. 

95% of the girls I have met only respect the parents and the even the 5% that don't will still send home to them from some poor sap. My friends ex-brother-in-law was sending 2,000 baht home to his Mother, his wife's mother 2,000 baht and he was getting 8,000 a month. 1,200 was for rent, 800 for a baby daughter, 400 for power and water, the rest on food, petrol, and the phones.

Many are looking for some sap, and they certainly don't need to be some bar or farm girl. 

I don't give advice to friends anymore. I got burnt (as in 3rd degree burnt) a long time ago helping someone, and from this point on, they can burn themselves chasing pretty tail as all they are going to get from it is a headache. The number of guys I know having their phone stolen is purely staggering and if your that stupid in the first place, like one other poster said, 'You cannot replace stupid.'' 

You can tell but mostly, no one will listen. Especially if in there 70's, have a boatload of money and arrive here to retire ''forever'' and it is, in fact, their first trip here. 

2 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Laughed very much so at that statement.

No, they would not have respected you. More likely smiled at you when you handed over the bar fine or paid for the meal. Very few do it if they are not getting something even if it is small in return.

Even my wife I could say was the same. When I first met her, she paid half of the meal and asked me that she had spent 4 years at University but her English skills, even though she completed her English modules, was seriously lacking and asked me after several coffee trips and dinners together that she went 50/50 in, could I come to a coffee shop a few times a week and spend a couple of hours teaching her speaking.

There is always a catch. 

A friend of ours who has an outstanding job and is Thai said she only reason she wants a farang (she currently has a Thai boyfriend) said she is paying 12,500 a month for house repayments, 7,300 for car repayments, 1,290 for her mobile. If that can be paid off just for looking after someone only for a few years for all that payment being off instead of her grinding away for the next 25 years at work, she will do anything even if he looked like Toad from ''Wind and the Willows''.

It's not about love. It is about security. 

95% of the girls I have met only respect the parents and the even the 5% that don't will still send home to them from some poor sap. My friends ex-brother-in-law was sending 2,000 baht home to his Mother, his wife's mother 2,000 baht and he was getting 8,000 a month. 1,200 was for rent, 800 for a baby daughter, 400 for power and water, the rest on food, petrol, and the phones.

Many are looking for some sap, and they certainly don't need to be some bar or farm girl. 

I don't give advice to friends anymore. I got burnt (as in 3rd degree burnt) a long time ago helping someone, and from this point on, they can burn themselves chasing pretty tail as all they are going to get from it is a headache. The number of guys I know having their phone stolen is purely staggering and if your that stupid in the first place, like one other poster said, 'You cannot replace stupid.'' 

You can tell but mostly, no one will listen. Especially if in there 70's, have a boatload of money and arrive here to retire ''forever'' and it is, in fact, their first trip here. 

I can;t be certain cos I don't know you but, after reading your remarks about 95% of the girls you've met having no respect for anyone but their parents, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's no chance in hell that you and I (or the dweebs you know) are fishing in the same waters, mate. This point is no better illustrated by the fact you think I was having a conversation about salaries or stipends while barfining whores or over dinner in a restaurant. LOL! 

With that in mind, it's hardly surprising you think the women I spoke about in my last post didn't respect me but the fact of the matter is that, nearly 9 years later, more than half of them are still close friends and kiks - (two of them married to farangs who think the salary they pay them is a watertight exclusivity contract). Guaranteed they respect me more than they respect their dumb benefactors.

I don't sniff around low income, financially challenged women.

I don't rely on a woman's financial imperatives to help make the case for a relationship with me like half these dopes who turn up in Thailand thinking it's a sweet shop.

There's no doubt that my way takes a lot longer and requires more effort but a relatively aggro-free decade has been its own reward.

No one stealing my phone, rummaging through my drawers, no police mediating domestics and no "bloken haaaat" birds stalking me or bugging condo security for my whereabouts once we part ways.

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

I can;t be certain cos I don't know you but, after reading your remarks about 95% of the girls you've met having no respect for anyone but their parents, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's no chance in hell that you and I (or the dweebs you know) are fishing in the same waters, mate. This point is no better illustrated by the fact you think I was having a conversation about salaries or stipends while barfining whores or over dinner in a restaurant. LOL! 

With that in mind, it's hardly surprising you think the women I spoke about in my last post didn't respect me but the fact of the matter is that, nearly 9 years later, more than half of them are still close friends and kiks - (two of them married to farangs who think the salary they pay them is a watertight exclusivity contract). Guaranteed they respect me more than they respect their dumb benefactors.

I don't sniff around low income, financially challenged women.

I don't rely on a woman's financial imperatives to help make the case for a relationship with me like half these dopes who turn up in Thailand thinking it's a sweet shop.

There's no doubt that my way takes a lot longer and requires more effort but a relatively aggro-free decade has been its own reward.

No one stealing my phone, rummaging through my drawers, no police mediating domestics and no "bloken haaaat" birds stalking me or bugging condo security for my whereabouts once we part ways.

So we can conclude that you like shagging another man's wife.

Good on ya.

4 hours ago, Been there done that said:

So we can conclude that you like shagging another man's wife.

Good on ya.

End of story

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Not a matter of "liking" it; it's not even a consideration.

Chances are the husbands are playing around too

No, you like it, boosting it off on here but the chances the husbands are playing the game just make it believable to your mind that it is okay; do not make two wrongs a right?

In my younger years here I did my fair share of bars, and it wore off quick. It seems like we are the stinking raw prawn here yet, in the end, many of my friends married right after the fun part wore off. I dated maybe over 100 girls here from all different backgrounds after the bar days. It's not hard to find decent women but finding someone compatible that for me is the deal breaker.

Without that, all is lost and where many go wrong. Bring compatible in bed is fine but in education, talks, understanding of outside news events and even job comparability makes all the difference in being happy here with a Thai.

23 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

End of story

No, you like it, boosting it off on here but the chances the husbands are playing the game just make it believable to your mind that it is okay; do not make two wrongs a right?

In my younger years here I did my fair share of bars, and it wore off quick. It seems like we are the stinking raw prawn here yet, in the end, many of my friends married right after the fun part wore off. I dated maybe over 100 girls here from all different backgrounds after the bar days. It's not hard to find decent women but finding someone compatible that for me is the deal breaker.

Without that, all is lost and where many go wrong. Bring compatible in bed is fine but in education, talks, understanding of outside news events and even job comparability makes all the difference in being happy here with a Thai.

I agree with your comment, however, it seems that the exceptions are only on this forum. In day to day life i am not meeting them. Foreigners with servants and who live in denial of the REALITY, of their situation, yes, but thats it mostly. 

And so the bubble will be continued.