Greenhorn's guide – Relationships with Thai young lady's

Once Bitten

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

In day to day life i am not meeting them. Foreigners with servants and who live in denial of the REALITY, of their situation, yes, but thats it mostly. 

I too have found the same. Denial and reality is such an excellent way to put it all. When a newbie comes here, say to Pattaya, it is sure is not reality.

There are some good people out there in both the foreign and Thai world, and it takes years to see this. In daily life, I am also not meeting very many. I am at the point I keep much to myself for health reasons but what firm few friends I do have (like only 3) and the being is in reality that we are pretty happy here yet we as you mentioned, we most likely are in denail for the above reasons you described. 

Great post that is keeping it real.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) If a woman does not want to be exclusive she will not be 

2) Why would somebody turning over bar girls carry any interest in 'exclusive' relationships

3) When a Thai woman lives in Isaan surrounded by friends and family why would she feel the need to converse about happenings around the world? There is usually plenty going around the corner :smile:

I wonder really if some guys posting on here have any direction in life at all! They seem to be going round in circles of self preservation!

Advice regarding ALL Thai woman bar slut to Hiso. Don't marry. Do not take them outside of Thailand other than short holiday to nearby country. You are NOT opening a business, especially involving a girlfriend. Give her allowance and gifts is fine but don't get involved with greedy relatives with his "take care" rubbish.

Make sure If you are wealthy keep your money abroad. Don't make yourself worth more to her dead than alive (wills, life insurances and local bank accounts).

1) If a woman does not want to be exclusive she will not be 
2) Why would somebody turning over bar girls carry any interest in 'exclusive' relationships
3) When a Thai woman lives in Isaan surrounded by friends and family why would she feel the need to converse about happenings around the world? There is usually plenty going around the corner :smile:

I wonder really if some guys posting on here have any direction in life at all! They seem to be going round in circles of self preservation!

If a Westerner dates or marries someone whose entire life, interests and future are contained within a square mile of Nakhon Backwater, more often than not, he's setting himself up for a mind numbingly boring and unfulfilling liaison before the inevitable split.

Certain posters on this forum are on here literally half their waking hours so bored are they with illiterate, simple minded albeit younger women with little more interest in life beyond the composition of their next meal.

Living the dream apparently. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between music activities and running a US-based NGO I am often on the computer although not consistently from about 3 or 4 AM Bangkok time (3 or PM US time) until I fall asleep early evening. I do not seek a Thai companion literate enough so we can discuss the works of Proust in fact I prefer that they do not speak English.

8 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

I too have found the same. Denial and reality is such an excellent way to put it all. When a newbie comes here, say to Pattaya, it is sure is not reality.

There are some good people out there in both the foreign and Thai world, and it takes years to see this. In daily life, I am also not meeting very many. I am at the point I keep much to myself for health reasons but what firm few friends I do have (like only 3) and the being is in reality that we are pretty happy here yet we as you mentioned, we most likely are in denail for the above reasons you described. 

Great post that is keeping it real.

Nothing wrong with it as long as long as you stay only emotionally attached to yourself. 

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

If a Westerner dates or marries someone whose entire life, interests and future are contained within a square mile of Nakhon Backwater, more often than not, he's setting himself up for a mind numbingly boring and unfulfilling liaison before the inevitable split.

Certain posters on this forum are on here literally half their waking hours so bored are they with illiterate, simple minded albeit younger women with little more interest in life beyond the composition of their next meal.

Living the dream apparently. emoji23.png

You combine irritation and excellence in your posts on this topic. 

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

Between music activities and running a US-based NGO I am often on the computer although not consistently from about 3 or 4 AM Bangkok time (3 or PM US time) until I fall asleep early evening. I do not seek a Thai companion literate enough so we can discuss the works of Proust in fact I prefer that they do not speak English.

Talk about defensive.

47 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

You combine irritation and excellence in your posts on this topic. 

One can but try

The fact is that everyone likes to think they've got life here sewn up all tickety-boo.

It's only when things are put on paper and scrutinized objectively that you see who's actually going through life with their ass hanging out in the wind.

Living in isolation in deep, undiscovered Isaan putting land, houses and motor vehicles in the wife's name is risking a financial extinction level event and, frankly, it's usually (not always) the blokes who come here with the "kid in a sweet shop" mentality who end up wiped out.

Edited by Thai Ron

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

One can but try

The fact is that everyone likes to think they've got life here sewn up all tickety-boo.

It's only when things are put on paper and scrutinized objectively that you see who's actually going through life with their ass hanging out in the wind.

Living in isolation in deep, undiscovered Isaan putting land, houses and motor vehicles in the wife's name is risking a financial extinction level event and, frankly, it's usually (not always) the blokes who come here with the "kid in a sweet shop" mentality who end up wiped out.

Sweet can turn into sour in the blink of an eye. Hardly possible to happen if not for the enablers.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:57 PM, chickenslegs said:

My "snippet of wisdom" is - let the guys learn from their own mistakes. If you give them advice they won't listen anyway. I didn't.

True.

When small head is engaged, large head is disengaged. The only thing that will save us is if LOS goes the Lao route and bans old foreign men marrying young local women.

It's not that we are immune to valuable information, but rather that we are so desperate for a sexual relationship with a pretty young thing that we fool ourselves that "our" situation is different.

Even in the last year of my marriage, I was still buying large appliances that I couldn't take with me because I wanted to believe that it would work out, when the evidence was that it probably wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True.

When small head is engaged, large head is disengaged. The only thing that will save us is if LOS goes the Lao route and bans old foreign men marrying young local women.

It's not that we are immune to valuable information, but rather that we are so desperate for a sexual relationship with a pretty young thing that we fool ourselves that "our" situation is different.

Even in the last year of my marriage, I was still buying large appliances that I couldn't take with me because I wanted to believe that it would work out, when the evidence was that it probably wouldn't.

I can't say I'm even remotely desperate for a sexual relationship with a pretty young thing when there are so many good-looking older ones around who actually know what they're doing in the sack.

Granted, some may like the "starfish" youngsters who think a few "Ooos" and "Ahhhs" represent a fair contribution to a shag, but to my mind, you might as well drill a hole in a cantaloupe microwaved on low power and bang that.

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

I can't say I'm even remotely desperate for a sexual relationship with a pretty young thing when there are so many good-looking older ones around who actually know what they're doing in the sack.

Granted, some may like the "starfish" youngsters who think a few "Ooos" and "Ahhhs" represent a fair contribution to a shag, but to my mind, you might as well drill a hole in a cantaloupe microwaved on low power and bang that.

Depends on what you consider "older" to be. My upper limit would be 30 ( when women are supposed to be at the height of their sexuality ) at the start of a relationship.

I agree that a "youngster" is probably the most useless shag out there, but I'd also include DDG women as they don't need to try to get the suckers falling over themselves to be with them. Good bone structure is a guaranteed way to get goodies.

4 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Living the dream apparently. emoji23.png

I guess the millions of people all over the globe that retire from the metropolis to the countryside have it wrong

It is a deliberate step down in the pace of life

Those who wish to achieve this will enjoy life and yes live their dream

And just possibly they will sneer at those chasing tail in the metropolis.......as you do them

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends on what you consider "older" to be. My upper limit would be 30 ( when women are supposed to be at the height of their sexuality ) at the start of a relationship.

I agree that a "youngster" is probably the most useless shag out there, but I'd also include DDG women as they don't need to try to get the suckers falling over themselves to be with them. Good bone structure is a guaranteed way to get goodies.

I think you are making it up as you go along  if your 'upper limit' is 30 you are not dating 'older women'

11 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I guess the millions of people all over the globe that retire from the metropolis to the countryside have it wrong

It is a deliberate step down in the pace of life

Those who wish to achieve this will enjoy life and yes live their dream

And just possibly they will sneer at those chasing tail in the metropolis.......as you do them

Talk about missing the point

So what is the point Ron? we should all tie up with somebody who is interested in how many times a day the Australian PM farts? The price of Bitcoins? The rise and fall of global celebrities? A league football?

or perhaps join the Pattaya crowd who seem to have intense discussion about baht buses, the best best burger place, the best place to buy steak, the best restaurants.........yes Ron their next meal........do you live in the real world?

The point is simple: Older white guys are sexually frustrated and they come to Thailand where they can pay some uneducated impoverished rural Thai girl to pretend that they love/like him while in reality they cringe at the guy's very touch and as soon as the guy's back is turned, they run off to be sexually fulfilled by some real guy, like him.

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

The point is simple: Older white guys are sexually frustrated and they come to Thailand where they can pay some uneducated impoverished rural Thai girl to pretend that they love/like him while in reality they cringe at the guy's very touch and as soon as the guy's back is turned, they run off to be sexually fulfilled by some real guy, like him.

You  speak from experience no doubt.

11 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Him being what......an old white guy :smile:

On 12/19/2017 at 5:36 PM, Thai Ron said:

Most blokes who had success with plenty of women in their pasts can arrive here and pretty much say "Meh" to the huge supply of women here.

That definitely doesn't mean they're not interested; it just means they're far less likely to allow their little head to do their thinking for them.

The scams, sob stories and plethora of ways a woman will try to separate you from your money - in dribs and drabs or in lump sums - are so frickin' obvious, a five year old could spot them and yet

educated western men with street smarts and life experience are regularly out-maneuvered by dumb farm girls.

I've been here a decade - never fallen for a blag . . . . Before i met my architect GF, I played a little but as soon as one of these meal ticket hunters opened her mouth, I just started laughing, stopped her mid sentence and said words to the effect of, "Forget it, luv. I ain't givin' you shit. If it's a deal-breaker, there's the door." 

One or two used it but many didn't and, although they sulked, they at least had grudging respect me for not being an idiot with my money.

Of course, it did mean that things didn't progress to anything long term but, then again, only a mug would want to get serious with a bird specifically looking for handouts in the first place.

I really do believe that the more you open your wallet the more for the idiot they take you.

I am not strictly speaking about Thailand either. I have seen this in my own family where (unfortunately) most of my relatives will give and give and just be treated like disposable trash.

Some people just enjoy being generous, those that moan are those who expect something in return and are disappointed

I was once talking to a guy in a pub, as you do, he suggested trying the next bar along, I told him I didn't have cash on me for a session, he gave me a fiver, told me not to worry pass it on to somebody else who was short, a few weeks later I was talking to a student complaining about being skint, I gave him the fiver and told him the same :smile:

I guess my life experiences are just so different from many:smile: I have been the recipient of much kindness and generosity, some from lovely Thai people who did not have much, not too difficult for me to pass it on.