Ford - here we go again

henry2109

I went to Ford today because of their promotion on tyres. It is buy 3 get 1 free. The list shows 3 different brands. A list  says "4320 Baht" for the chosen goodyear tyre. So one would expect to pay 13000 Baht (3 x 4320) plus VAT for a new tyre set, right? No. You have to pay almost 20000 Baht, which includes the installation cost, the VAT, and 4 x 4320, because the promoted price is the average price for 4 tyres, and not the price you can buy 3 tyres for and get 1 free.

I am so tired about them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, henry2109 said:

I am so tired about them.

Don't you mean Tyred...........:sorry:.........Just could not resist this morning.....but i am sure you had the same thing in mind......:smile:

Edited by AhFarangJa

Go to Bridgestone, never trust B quick as they are first class scammers. They sell substandard products and/or give very short warrantee periods. For example I needed to replace a battery last year. They first offered a substandard one at a cheap price. When I asked for a certain brand name their prices was the same as mom and pop shops. When I asked the guy about the warrantee he said it was 6 months, although I know it is supposed to be 12 months.

11 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

I've had 2 tyre repairs at B-Quick; no charge and really helpful guys.  That's where I'll be going when I need new tyres, without a doubt.

We don't have a B-Quick but loads of tyre places and a Cockpit where I get oil changes done.

Got 2 continental tyres fitted to the H.City recently 2,600 each.:thumbsup:

I had to replace my Bridgestone tyres which were on our Hilux when delivered new. Toyota Chiang Mai said: THB 8,000 per tyre, and it takes 6 to 8 weeks as they need to come from Bangkok. I said thank you and good bye. Half an hour later I had 4 new Good Year tyres mounted at the Good Year shop on Highway #11 near Central Festival for THB 19,000, with a free check after 10,000 km.....

4 minutes ago, vsigrist said:

I had to replace my Bridgestone tyres which were on our Hilux when delivered new. Toyota Chiang Mai said: THB 8,000 per tyre, and it takes 6 to 8 weeks as they need to come from Bangkok. I said thank you and good bye. Half an hour later I had 4 new Good Year tyres mounted at the Good Year shop on Highway #11 near Central Festival for THB 19,000, with a free check after 10,000 km.....

You can find new Bridgestone tyres at 4000 Thb...

12 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Go to Bridgestone, never trust B quick as they are first class scammers. They sell substandard products and/or give very short warrantee periods. For example I needed to replace a battery last year. They first offered a substandard one at a cheap price. When I asked for a certain brand name their prices was the same as mom and pop shops. When I asked the guy about the warrantee he said it was 6 months, although I know it is supposed to be 12 months.

Two sides to every story, I've heard the same of Cockpit outlets from people and about Main dealers,  they are franchises so whoever they are managed by reflects on how good they are.

Edited by Kwasaki

31 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Mmm................perhaps 'nanny states' are not so bad after all? :thumbsup:  Comment not aimed at you SOUTHERNSTAR but aimed at those who continually "moan" about nanny states, where you do get a large degree of consumer protection.

Slightly OT I know, but pertinent.

56 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Total tosh....Try reading their home page with the info on it regarding brands they stock with a price quotes....All prices are computer linked...

They give a written guarantee on any work or service or product they provide..

First day of every month B-Quik post on their Internet site the prices and promotions for that month. Every outlet is given printouts of those prices to show customers. On completion of a job you are given a printout of costs and applied guarantee to keep in case of a problem..

2 hours ago, vsigrist said:

Similar story; my new Vigo was fitted with Michelins; after about 45,000KM all 4 started showing perishing around wheel-rim/bead area; tread still looked very good. Made a change to Firestones which are still in good shape at 120,000Km

I will try B-Quick next time for my intermediate oil change (every 5,000) on my Mazda 3. I had huge problem trying to convince the Mazda workshop manager to just do an oil and filter change without taking the service token out of the book. Try as I may it was impossible to convince him. Got fed up in the end and told him just do the service (5000km. early). 

The reason I always do an intermediate oil change is because it really makes a difference. An old Diesel fitter friend of mine told me this tip and it works. Every car I have had so far, the engine sounded like new no matter how many years I keep it. I had a Mazda 626 for 11 years and did over 250,000 miles. Was running like clockwork when I sold it. I got to admit I have mostly had Mazda cars so perhaps that is a contributing factor. Once had a Ford Focus but did not keep it long enough to check.

Den

48 minutes ago, denby45 said:

I will try B-Quick next time for my intermediate oil change (every 5,000) on my Mazda 3. I had huge problem trying to convince the Mazda workshop manager to just do an oil and filter change without taking the service token out of the book. Try as I may it was impossible to convince him. Got fed up in the end and told him just do the service (5000km. early). 

The reason I always do an intermediate oil change is because it really makes a difference. An old Diesel fitter friend of mine told me this tip and it works. Every car I have had so far, the engine sounded like new no matter how many years I keep it. I had a Mazda 626 for 11 years and did over 250,000 miles. Was running like clockwork when I sold it. I got to admit I have mostly had Mazda cars so perhaps that is a contributing factor. Once had a Ford Focus but did not keep it long enough to check.

Den

Like you I always do an oil change at 5th on my Toyota. Whether it helps I don't know but due to the heat here fresh oil/filter has got to be better than one every 10th. Always do the front and rear axle, gearbox change early. I use Toyota garage don't want copy stuff.

Edited by fredob43

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Like you I always do an oil change at 5th on my Toyota. Whether it helps I don't know but due to the heat here fresh oil/filter has got to be better than one every 10th. Always do the front and rear axle, gearbox change early. I use Toyota garage don't want copy stuff.

Tell us who uses copy stuff...

44 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell us who uses copy stuff...

Most of the so called cheap??? places will use copy stuff if only to keep their prices down. If you go to a main dealer you are sure to get the correct filters ETC. And you won't pay any more.

Not saying that copy stuff isn't any good. Just not what's recommended by the manufacture.

EG drive belt Toyota will not guarantee same unless it's supplied by them and fitted by a dealer. Would you trust a cheap place in that case.

11 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Most of the so called cheap??? places will use copy stuff if only to keep their prices down. If you go to a main dealer you are sure to get the correct filters ETC. And you won't pay any more.

Not saying that copy stuff isn't any good. Just not what's recommended by the manufacture.

EG drive belt Toyota will not guarantee same unless it's supplied by them and fitted by a dealer. Would you trust a cheap place in that case.

B-Quik changed my Toyota fuel filter. It came in a Toyota parts box.

1 minute ago, transam said:

B-Quik changed my Toyota fuel filter. It came in a Toyota parts box.

Yes remember your problem. You used B/Q for service they should have checked your fuel filter and cleaned fuel pump out at 40th km. (It's in the book) Did they No.

Also should have been changed at 90th. Did they No.

Then it came up on the dash filter needs changing and you still used B/Q.

Now if you had gone to Toyo in the first place they would have checked it at 40th to see if it was dirty and given you the option of doing same.

Come on then are you still going to use them for a T/belt change???

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Yes remember your problem. You used B/Q for service they should have checked your fuel filter and cleaned fuel pump out at 40th km. (It's in the book) Did they No.

Also should have been changed at 90th. Did they No.

Then it came up on the dash filter needs changing and you still used B/Q.

Now if you had gone to Toyo in the first place they would have checked it at 40th to see if it was dirty and given you the option of doing same.

Come on then are you still going to use them for a T/belt change???

Total crap, they do what you ask them to do and tell you the cost...They DO NOT do a full service for me...Get your facts right before you post..