Dutch man arrested for double "revenge" murder of Thai girlfriend's mother and brother

Jonathan Fairfield

On 12/20/2017 at 4:13 AM, dotpoom said:

Condolences to the family of the deceased.

But it begs the question......Why did the woman not give back the chain if she was aware how "unbalanced" this man was. She was aware enough to warn her Mother about him.

Deary me, Please ! do you all really think this was about some Poxy Gold Chain, thats not the reason he did that, if it was the Chain he would of just given her a good kick in the Fanny and wrenched it from her Neck, sounds painful though.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, catman20 said:

happened to see the news on TV it shows you quite a nice big European style  house that apparently the mother owned where they were murdered. i bet you that he paid for that and then the daughter finished with him and that properly was the straw that broke the camels back.

Interestingly, I became aware of this incident before reading on TVF. My wife was reading it on an on-line news feed and translated it for me. According to the version she read, the couple were, in fact married and that 'Rene' had paid for the house that the family occupied. He had also bought the family car.

The wife had then gone off with another guy (nationality unknown) and Rene was, not surprisingly, a bit miffed! One common factor was the gold bracelet, which was reportedly, quite expensive and he wanted it back.

If this version is true, then you could be quite right Catman, regarding the 'final straw'. 

No doubt, the truth lies somewhere between these two versions, but I doubt that we'll ever get to hear the real story.

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Interestingly, I became aware of this incident before reading on TVF. My wife was reading it on an on-line news feed and translated it for me. According to the version she read, the couple were, in fact married and that 'Rene' had paid for the house that the family occupied. He had also bought the family car.

The wife had then gone off with another guy (nationality unknown) and Rene was, not surprisingly, a bit miffed! One common factor was the gold bracelet, which was reportedly, quite expensive and he wanted it back.

If this version is true, then you could be quite right Catman, regarding the 'final straw'. 

No doubt, the truth lies somewhere between these two versions, but I doubt that we'll ever get to hear the real story.

your side of the story sounds about spot on and in many ways you cant blame the man if hes been lead up the garden path. hes done what many of us would like to do in that situation.

21 minutes ago, catman20 said:

your side of the story sounds about spot on and in many ways you cant blame the man if hes been lead up the garden path. hes done what many of us would like to do in that situation.

In this interview the ex girlfriend says she only knew the Dutchman 2 months. She stopped seeing him on December 7th because he was jealous and possessive and liked to collect knives . She says his visa ran out in September and she didnt want to let a person breaking the law stay in their house. What could he do in Surin on overstay? 

The interview with the ex-girlfriend starts just before 11.00

more to this story than the OP i'm sure of it. if the girl was so concerned for their safety as she stated and he was basically homeless and on overstay then why wouldn't she have called the Police to pick him up, lock him up and try to get him deported. Anyway looks like in all probability he did it. RIP. waste of a load of lives

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

I can and will blame the man if he is indeed guilty of these cowardly murders. 

Really? You would like to commit a double murder rather than walk away ! Says a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Really? You would like to commit a double murder rather than walk away ! Says a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

you know what i meant, first of all ive been here 18 year i would not put myself in that position buying houses or spending all my money on some tart.

i wouldn't  even live with one of these women many of us would not do it cos we have more scene or dont have the balls, but i do understand this mans anger. look on youtube. my thai bride.

14 hours ago, bannork said:

In this interview the ex girlfriend says she only knew the Dutchman 2 months. She stopped seeing him on December 7th because he was jealous and possessive and liked to collect knives . She says his visa ran out in September and she didnt want to let a person breaking the law stay in their house. What could he do in Surin on overstay? 

The interview with the ex-girlfriend starts just before 11.00

couple of things wrong with your post 1. why would with believe the ex girlfriend ? 2. many things are lost in translation in Thailand with the Thai to Thai and Thai to English. theirs more to this story than the likes of us will ever know.

Edited by catman20

14 minutes ago, catman20 said:

neither would i but there are some out there that would, we are reading about one now and he is not the first and he wont be the last one to do something like this.

And I hope, any cowards who act in such an unconscionable manner are gaoled for the rest of their lives.

Nothing justifies a crime like this.

Nothing explains it away.

No blame can be attached to the victims or their families.

Edited by Bluespunk

45 minutes ago, catman20 said:

couple of things wrong with your post 1. why would with believe the ex girlfriend ? 2. many things are lost in translation in Thailand with the Thai to Thai and Thai to English. theirs more to this story than the likes of us will ever know.

I don't think anything was lost in my translation of her words but yes she could be lying. However these are her words to a reporter in the police station after the police called her in to give her side of the story. 

On 12/20/2017 at 2:41 AM, swissie said:

...I insist, there are sighns that indicate when a person is on the verge of "cracking-up". I could make a list of symptoms, but to keep it short: Irregular, agressive behaviour, incoherent talk, lack of personal hygene and disregarding the simlplest forms of "dress-code" are very basic indicators....

The world is full of emotionally unbalanced people, aggressive types with very little rationality and they come in all sorts of packages.  

7 hours ago, bannork said:

I don't think anything was lost in my translation of her words but yes she could be lying. However these are her words to a reporter in the police station after the police called her in to give her side of the story. 

and a Thai would never lie to the police right.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

And I hope, any cowards who act in such an unconscionable manner are gaoled for the rest of their lives.

Nothing justifies a crime like this.

Nothing explains it away.

No blame can be attached to the victims or their families.

ok if you say so

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

and a Thai would never lie to the police right.

According to this article from The Thai Rath newspaper, the Dutchman had only known Jirachaya ( the third daughter of one of the victims) for one month and she had never brought him to the house in Surin.

On Dec 13 he appeared on a motorbike in the village asking where Jirachaya's house. However he didn't find her because she hadn't been home for months. Villagers saw him driving around Sawai district but he wouldn't speak to anyone.

On the night of Dec 17 the Dutchman asked to stay in the village's temple overnight and by morning he had disappeared and was not seen again until he was taken for treatment after falling off his bike. It is assumed he had gone to the house again to ask about the whereabouts of Jirachaya but suspecting she was hiding information he killed her and her son in a rage.

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1157075

On 20/12/2017 at 9:25 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

Girls should end the cash cow mentality on the old Farang men.

And old farang men should stop buying young uneducated village girls and prostitutes with money and gold and expect that they will be subservient to them for the rest of their life.

1 minute ago, saakura said:

And old farang men should stop buying young uneducated village girls and prostitutes with money and gold and expect that they will be subservient to them for the rest of their life.

Yes, better to get them on a "pay as you go"basis

9 minutes ago, saakura said:

Isn't that an old truth that you can't buy love, nor friends? Apparently, people always mix up sex with love. I mean it's great to be loved and have good sex. 

Edited by jenny2017