Pets not allowed into Thai national parks during New Year holiday

webfact

Pets not allowed into national parks

By Thai PBS

park21.jpg

Officials will strictly enforce a law to prohibit tourists from taking their pets into national parks during the New Year holiday to prevent the diseases of domestic animals from spreading to wildlife.  

Songtham Suksawang, director of the National Parks Office or the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department, said during long holidays tourists often take their pets, especially cats and dogs, into national parks.  It is feared the domestic pets may spread domestic diseases to wild animals and the problem, if happens, can be very difficult to solve.

Section 16 of the National Parks Act clearly states that bringing all kinds of domestic pets into national parks is prohibited, he said, adding that violators will face up to 1,000 baht fine.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pets-not-allowed-national-parks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-20

This great decision of impressive wisdom has already been lauded by the international community and the UN.

Many a countries are already working to implement such impressive idea into their own legislation.

Nobel price idea for sure... 

Keep animals away from the parks...

Next year, keep wild animals out of the jungle, they could fight and eat each others..

37 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Can anyone recommend where to take pets?  Post reply if any ideas.

Chaengwattana government center maybe, big area to run and to take a crap..

Not yet classified as national park I think, despite all the wild animals there :) 

7 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

Not yet classified as national park I think, despite all the wild animals there :) 

Well, with all the apes, buffaloes and snakes roaming there, I am sure it's only a matter of time before the entire complex is going to be declared a wildlife reserve... 

Banning them seems harsh. Also not sure why they're only concerned with the spread of disease at New Year but not the rest of the Year.

Maybe they could compromise on an outright ban and just charge them the Farang price? Thais 20 Baht. Dogs/Farangs 400 Baht. Surprised no "officials" thought of that, missed a trick.

On 20/12/2017 at 3:15 PM, CantSpell said:

Thanks - quite near our house so good to know.  Cheers

The last time I went to take my three wee dogs for a run around the park opposite the train station in CM I was swiftly kicked out by the security guy. All the while there's soi dogs everywhere, an abounded swimming pool, toilets cakes knee deep in crap, used drug paraphernalia... Strange the priority is to keep out leashed domestic dogs rather than actually cleaning up the park.