Foreign couple on Silom Road writing graffiti caught on viral video

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

Anyone that says painting other peoples stuff is "OK" l think themselves has a problem chummy...If I come and write all over your car would you say that was "OK"...?

Forget it ! I will cane you if you dare :partytime2:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2 fools are not reincarnations of Bansky and thus their damage of public space must not go unpunished.

I wonder however do people act as such because they are stupid or because they are arrogant and feel superior in a foreign country and think that they can just get away with anything ?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Anyone that says painting other peoples stuff is "OK" l think themselves has a problem chummy...If I come and write all over your car would you say that was "OK"...?

It all depends on what and with what it is written. If it's "I love you" from another expat's wife, written with a lipstick, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. :post-4641-1156694083:

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

The 2 fools are not reincarnations of Bansky and thus their damage of public space must not go unpunished.

I wonder however do people act as such because they are stupid or because they are arrogant and feel superior in a foreign country and think that they can just get away with anything ?

..Or because they are young and having fun ?

I wonder how many of the serious people here haven't done something silly in their life..

Just a thought- if naming or showing pictures of an establishment or business (sometimes Thais) doing things that are wrong can lead to a defamation action, why cannot something like this? And before all go all 'Thai visa' on me, yes it is a stupid and ill thought out law utilized in the most inappropriate manner here.

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

..Or because they are young and having fun ?

I wonder how many of the serious people here haven't done something silly in their life..

Most must have, and so have I......but I was smart enough not to get caught and avoid any of the very very rare  CCTV cameras around, when I was a kid...:cheesy:.....and was also smart enough not to act like an stupid or arrogant jerk when abroad and behave....

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art is not vandalism imho.

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Those who can't appreciate street art are sad people imho..

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

Would you say the same if they had 'painted/written' on your car?  :whistling:

Maybe it's "street art" so long as it's not your property eh?

13 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Would you say the same if they had 'painted/written' on your car?  :whistling:

Maybe it's "street art" so long as it's not your property eh?

Leave my car alone, i will cane anyone who get near to it  :post-4641-1156694572:

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Leave my car alone, i will cane anyone who get near to it  :post-4641-1156694572:

Oh, I thought it would be -  "Leave my car alone, i will cane give the Liverpool kiss to anyone who get near to it  :post-4641-1156694572:"  Your emoticon gives you away 555

22 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Oh, I thought it would be -  "Leave my car alone, i will cane give the Liverpool kiss to anyone who get near to it  :post-4641-1156694572:"  Your emoticon gives you away 555

That will happen after the caning :sleep:

8 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

Street art.... Is NOT taking a paint pen and putting crap like this on public posts.

If she used chalk and put some effort into her work then it maybe appreciated (if she has any ability).

As for "a lot of energy" and "a good way to let it out".

She can just fart like everyone else.

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Of course, calling it art is a bit of a stretch, but , honestly, with all the problems we have in this world, i can't understand why some people hate so much street artists.

No, i don't think that Punch etc is a masterpiece.

Then as said before...to your thinking if they plastered your car and house with their "street art" you wouldn't mind?

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I fear the latter.

9 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

There’s a difference between street art (a mural on a wall of crumbled buildings- as in the graffiti park at castle hill in Austin TX that has become a museum essentially) and a tag (writing your graffiti ‘name’) all over other people’s property.

I doubt this tag brought ‘happiness to people’s eyes’ judging by the complaints on the video. Main point though is it is not culturally accepted in Thailand as it is in a city like NYC. These two farang are the type of travelers that I always hated. No regard for local customs. I would have told them to clean the shit up. 

Edited by chivo

9 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I prefer the old fashioned boring wall rather than some uncoordinated scribble or even larger eyesore.
Would you be happy if someone came to put graffity on your house or car?
if not, how come you encourage such hooliganism on common property ?

Edited by KKr

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I sure would really appreciate that, otherwise they would just float off into outer space

you see, it is out of control, now even spellcheckers start creating graphitti

1 hour ago, Gracas said:

Street art.... Is NOT taking a paint pen and putting crap like this on public posts.

If she used chalk and put some effort into her work then it maybe appreciated (if she has any ability).

As for "a lot of energy" and "a good way to let it out".

She can just fart like everyone else.

... Typing on TVF is also a good way :sorry:

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Not in my opinion, where is the damage ?

I can concede that it's not a great example of street art, but that's it.

The damage is visual, juvenile scribbling on other peoples property is NOT art, it IS criminal damage. Nothing turns an area into a slum faster than moronic graffiti

Edited by Orton Rd