AdBlock

DefaultName

When I had the same situation a couple of weeks ago, using Chrome, I loaded Thaivisa in an incognito tab without logging in and did not get the nag screen. I can't quite remember how I subsequently solved the problem but I believe I logged out of Thaivisa and then logged in again. Try and see if this works in your case.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

When I had the same situation a couple of weeks ago, using Chrome, I loaded Thaivisa in an incognito tab without logging in and did not get the nag screen. I can't quite remember how I subsequently solved the problem but I believe I logged out of Thaivisa and then logged in again. Try and see if this works in your case.

Thanks, didn't help unfortunately.

Have gone back to Firefox (from Chrome) no issues there.

Some problems problems can be resolved by deleting all cookies in the browser but as I remember it, it did not help in my case.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly what I did; perhaps it was just a logout and new sign-in. Did I shut down the PC and start it again? Did I uninstall Chrome and download and install it again? I wish I could remember how I did it but all I remember clearly is that I was getting quite despaired.  

• 1 month later...

For about 2 weeks, I have this message " Why do you see this?
We have detected that you are running some sort of AdBlock in your computer. ThaiVisa needs adverts to support its costs and being able to provide you with information about Thailand and a place where to gather information about our beloved country. Please allow us to show you some offers from our partners so we can keep providing this free service to our visitors. If you wish to stop seeing this please disable your AdBlock plugin(s) and/or whitelist ThaiVisa.com domain on the same and reload this page, else please wait 1 seconds "

it starts at 8 secondes, I have ublock, but it's desactivated for Thai visa; I hope an answer from the staff of Thaivisa, because I did nothing to have it 

thanks 

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

For about 2 weeks, I have this message " Why do you see this?
We have detected that you are running some sort of AdBlock in your computer. ThaiVisa needs adverts to support its costs and being able to provide you with information about Thailand and a place where to gather information about our beloved country. Please allow us to show you some offers from our partners so we can keep providing this free service to our visitors. If you wish to stop seeing this please disable your AdBlock plugin(s) and/or whitelist ThaiVisa.com domain on the same and reload this page, else please wait 1 seconds "

it starts at 8 secondes, I have ublock, but it's desactivated for Thai visa; I hope an answer from the staff of Thaivisa, because I did nothing to have it 

thanks 

Have fun, I got nowhere.  Still not affecting Edge browser though - NOT my favourite browser, but better than continual waits.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Opera. I whitelisted TV on opera and I see ads all over the page but I still get the popup, so I'm forced to use firefox.

On firefox I have other problems, such as videos not appearing in posts, but it's better to lose content than face a 10 second delay on every click.

11 hours ago, jerry921 said:

I have Opera. I whitelisted TV on opera and I see ads all over the page but I still get the popup, so I'm forced to use firefox.

On firefox I have other problems, such as videos not appearing in posts, but it's better to lose content than face a 10 second delay on every click.

Try and see what happens if you delete all cookies, then log out of Thaivisa and sign in again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 12:46 AM, Maestro said:

Try and see what happens if you delete all cookies, then log out of Thaivisa and sign in again.

Took me a long time to try it and get back because I was reluctant to mess up everything else I was doing in the other browser tabs. In the end I bit the bullet and deleted all cookies. I thought it didn't work, but then when I double-checked my settings (I was trying to gather info for a post about what settings I had set for thaivisa) I saw that the site was not whitelisted. I'm not sure what I did before, I think it was some kind of limited whitelisting option (permit reasonable ads or something) that I can't find now. But full whitelisting does make the popup go away.

I am glad you got the problem resolved because I can understand how annoying it must have been, having suffered the same inconvenience for about a week last year until – I don't know how – my clicking around trying every possible thing imaginable, finally put an end to it.

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 1:01 AM, Maestro said:

I am glad you got the problem resolved because I can understand how annoying it must have been, having suffered the same inconvenience for about a week last year until – I don't know how – my clicking around trying every possible thing imaginable, finally put an end to it.

Didn't work for me. Adblock is off for Thaivisa. Deleted all Thaivisa cookies three times - while logged in and logged out. Just got this when coming back to this thread via a bookmark:

5ac0da571e091_TVAdblockDetectorFAIL.jpg.71342fc51b0c9d6355b9b44feb38dff3.jpg

Note: I AM getting the adverts and yet the message says it has detected that I am running an adblocker!

Clearly the Thaivisa "Adblock detector" is not clever enough to determine whether or not the Adblock on my computer is turned OFF for Thaivisa.

Tried lots of things, the only one that worked - and is still working - was to use Microsoft Edge for this forum.  I don't like it much, and it's a nuisance swapping browsers every time, but it does work.

I would have thought that a professional operation, that's run to make a profit, would have sorted this.  Losing readers, and hence page clicks, can't help the advertising revenue.

19 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Didn't work for me. Adblock is off for Thaivisa. Deleted all Thaivisa cookies three times - while logged in and logged out. Just got this when coming back to this thread via a bookmark:

5ac0da571e091_TVAdblockDetectorFAIL.jpg.71342fc51b0c9d6355b9b44feb38dff3.jpg

Note: I AM getting the adverts and yet the message says it has detected that I am running an adblocker!

Clearly the Thaivisa "Adblock detector" is not clever enough to determine whether or not the Adblock on my computer is turned OFF for Thaivisa.

That's the symptom I had with Opera - which browser are you using?

I think I had adblocking on, but had clicked on something to allow non-intrusive ads or non-obnoxious ads or something like that.

When I deleted all the cookies and added thaivisa to adblock exceptions, the popup went away.

But it's annoying that the web site insists on the privilege of running intrusive obnoxious ads and isn't satisified with semi-whitelisting, even though it doesn't seem to be running a lot of nasty stuff.

On Sunday, April 01, 2018 at 8:36 PM, jerry921 said:

That's the symptom I had with Opera - which browser are you using?

I think I had adblocking on, but had clicked on something to allow non-intrusive ads or non-obnoxious ads or something like that.

When I deleted all the cookies and added thaivisa to adblock exceptions, the popup went away.

But it's annoying that the web site insists on the privilege of running intrusive obnoxious ads and isn't satisified with semi-whitelisting, even though it doesn't seem to be running a lot of nasty stuff.

I'm using Firefox.

I don't care about the ads - my Internet speed and computer are fast enough to display them with slowing down anything noticeably. And sometimes they are interesting.

I simply object to having stuff sent to my PC, my PC responds and the web-site guys who write the "Ad-block detector" can't correctly work out that the Adblock on my PC is turned off as requested. I used to work for decades in software. I'd sack these guys.

Having said all that, so far no pop-up after 4 page loads. Maybe they're fixing the problem on a case-by-case basis now?

I'll certainly report if/when it happens again.

5 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I'm using Firefox.

I don't care about the ads - my Internet speed and computer are fast enough to display them with slowing down anything noticeably. And sometimes they are interesting.

I simply object to having stuff sent to my PC, my PC responds and the web-site guys who write the "Ad-block detector" can't correctly work out that the Adblock on my PC is turned off as requested. I used to work for decades in software. I'd sack these guys.

Having said all that, so far no pop-up after 4 page loads. Maybe they're fixing the problem on a case-by-case basis now?

I'll certainly report if/when it happens again.

Which ads?

image.png.16b96920447977855ea319f71baa18ce.pngimage.png.16b96920447977855ea319f71baa18ce.png

22 hours ago, Maestro said:

Removed a post that violated forum rules.

Yes, I'm not interested in an "Anti-Adblock killer". I just want to get rid of the nag screen which shouldn't be there as my AdblockPlus is disabled on Thaivisa.

Understood, JetserBkk, and hopefully others will also understand and respect it.

I wonder if the problem is that different browsers handle the disabling of the AdBlock extension differently or this extension doesn't handle it correctly with all browsers or Thaivisa's script does not correctly or completely take into account the variations employed by the different browsers with every new update of the many browsers.

In the case of the OP, who uses Opera, I understand that in addition to disabling the AdBlock Extension for Thaivisa he also had to specifically whitelist Thaivisa to solve the problem. Does Firefox also offer this function of whitelisting?

(I am using Chrome and to be honest I sometimes get frustrated trying to find a particular function in the settings. With every new update of the browsers – and other application programs – the personalisation of the settings seems to get more complicated, less intuitive)

Hopefully, other Firefox users who encounterd the same problem will chime in and post how they solved it.

• 2 weeks later...