Fugitive Abbot Not Found In New Dhammakaya Raid

snoop1130

Fugitive Abbot Not Found In New Dhammakaya Raid

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

Dhammajayo2014clip-696x444.jpg

Dhammajayo speaks to his followers in a June 2, 2014 video. Image: DMC Channel / YouTube

BANGKOK — A nighttime raid on the Wat Dhammakaya complex hoping to nab the order’s former abbot came up empty-handed, the official in charge of the operation said Friday.

Dhammajayo, 73, was not found in his quarters despite intelligence reports claiming he was present, said Department of Special Investigation Deputy Director Suriya Singhakamol. The monk is on the run from more than 300 charges, including a multi-billion count of money laundering, which his supporters deny.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/12/22/fugitive-abbot-not-found-new-dhammakaya-raid/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-12-22

15 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

I like the theme idea of infamous Thai expats 2018 calendars like the ones for Yingluck and Thaksin.

How about ones for Dhammajayo and Red Bull "Boy".

Ha ha ha! Boy have you a warped sense of humour, plus maybe a death wish!

And the calendar title: I took on the police and Junta and survived?

He probably planned this a long time ago.  Getting a second passport then legally changing his name.  He most likely has a gated house somewhere that respects privacy.  He's gone and the Elmer Fudds running this investigation have little chance in finding him on their own. 

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha! Boy have you a warped sense of humour, plus maybe a death wish!

And the calendar title: I took on the police and Junta and survived?

Lol... survived can be viewed in many ways.... the calander could have a picture of Cadbury giving it a big ? from behind bars

??

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Lol... survived can be viewed in many ways.... the calander could have a picture of Cadbury giving it a big ? from behind bars

??

Yeah, I was actually thinking of Dhammajayo and Red Bull "Boy"in the title, rather than Cadbury. I wasn't too clear, although it could be any of them.

Thinking about it, there's a certain irony in the headline for this story:

"Fugitive Abbot Not Found In New Dhammakaya Raid" - having to use the word 'not' in there.

Is it The Nation being quietly subversive and taking the mickey out of the police? Whereas anywhere else it would be something like Fugitive Abbot Found In New Dhammakaya Raid, or, Fugitive Abbot Missing In New Dhammakaya Raid.

Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it.