Taking back control: UK's classic blue-and-gold passport to return

rooster59

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

I haven't seen any Americans making that claim that a US passport is proof they're not foreigners. Obsessed much?

No - but plenty seem to think the world's population is made up of Americans and foreigners!

Why even your new President seems to think like that.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No - I think the quoted article you responded to was written tongue in cheek; poking fun at both the UK government for claiming such an irrelevance as something fantastic and poking fun on British people who might think like that.

The British have a great ability to laugh at themselves, satire and black humor. Sadly it goes way over some. Often those from nations who take themselves far too seriously and who ironically usually show much less cultural sensitivity in reality.

Yippee kai hey!

I just read your reply more carefully. Unless Sanemax was plagiarizing, that was what he wrote himself. As far as I know, it doesn't come from a satirical article. Although it certainly sounds like it.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

I just read your reply more carefully. Unless Sanemax was plagiarizing, that was what he wrote himself. As far as I know, it doesn't come from a satirical article. Although it certainly sounds like it.

I thought he might have the ability to write satire himself. I didn't suggest he plagiarized it. Although he might. 

But I doubt it was serious.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Any remoaners want to comment on gina millers lies about having to get a 60euro visa because the passort will be blue.... Beats the NHS bus hands down.... Seems to have been brushed under the carpet already

gina miller is some sort of elected official? and really? a claim of 350 million per week returning from the EU to UK to the nhs is overshadowed by this? And that claim was not just a one off but was part of an organized and funded lie? and it would be helpful if you provided a link to the alleged comment.

36 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is a bit uncalled for .

Why are you suggesting that I have a chip on my shoulder ?

About what ?

Right. The following post doesn't smack of resentment at all.

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Stop being hysterical .

Of course people would be more concerned about starvation , unemployment and homelessness , rather than the colour of their passport .

We will proudly, once again be able to travel the World waving our blue books around and they will instantly know that you are British , two World Wars and One World cup .   

We can slam our blue books down on hotel counters, when booking in and they will realise that they need to speak proper English and they will have to call the best English speaker there to deal with you .

We will no longer get mistaken for French, Belgians or even Polish

Just now, sanemax said:

What was I "resenting"?

I'm only going to say that Baerboxer actually defended your post, on the grounds that you must have been joking.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

I thought he might have the ability to write satire himself. I didn't suggest he plagiarized it. Although he might. 

But I doubt it was serious.

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I'm only going to say that Baerboxer actually defended your post, on the grounds that you must have been joking.

OK, so you wont be pointing out that chip on my shoulder or any resentment, as you stated .

OK, case close

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK, so you wont be pointing out that chip on my shoulder or any resentment, as you stated .

OK, case close

OK.Here goes. Your post is full of resentment at the way Britons are treated when abroad. The ridiculous and irrelevant invocation of 2 World Wars and a football championship clearly come from someone smarting from what he perceives as being treated disrespectfully. And the anger embodied in the statement " We can slam our blue books down on hotel counters, when booking in and they will realise that they need to speak proper English and they will have to call the best English speaker there to deal with you'" would be worthy of Basil Faulty, the all time champion of resentment.

I have to confess that I'm half sorry you were being sincere. After Baerboxer questioned the sincerity of your comments, I thought possibly we were being visited by John Cleese himself.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

gina miller is some sort of elected official? and really? a claim of 350 million per week returning from the EU to UK to the nhs is overshadowed by this? And that claim was not just a one off but was part of an organized and funded lie? and it would be helpful if you provided a link to the alleged comment.

The bus didnt say 350mil to NHS. Even today on BBC world the idiot that brought that up was laughrd at. On the other hand today, blatant lies by the guardian and gina miller saying having a blue passport will cost 60 eoros for a visa and will be sent to the back of the queue. Project fear and scaremongering lies. 

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

It shows that we are British and not foreigners

But we are still foreigners to the rest of the world whatever colour our passport is!

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

No. All E.U passports had to have the same specifications , size, colour etc

Wrong again max.

As an aside. I found my old (first passport) and although it is midnight blue it looks black to 90% of the population.  Wonder if the new blue one will be the same.  If not it is not a matter of re-claiming, more a matter of just changing the colour to a new one.

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

Gee, you wouldn’t want to show your bias or ignorance would you? Since there are only four passport colors, some 50 countries have blue passports. Let me give you a few more countries which have blue passports: Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland; several Caribbean countries; South American Mercosur countries and that is just to name a few.

Austria, Estonia and Finland = red EU passport!

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

But we are still foreigners to the rest of the world whatever colour our passport is!

Wrong again max.

Try reading the whole thread, since writing that, I corrected that to say that they were just E.U recommendations and the UK followed those recommendations , as did every other Country, barring Croatia

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

What is "pathetic" about having a blue coloured passport, rather than a red one ?

Nothing at all.  And you will have plenty of time at the airport to wave it about while queuing up with the African, Indian, Chinese and other foreigners in the long immigration queue while the EU passport holders cruise through with barely a pause.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Try reading the whole thread, since writing that, I corrected that to say that they were just E.U recommendations and the UK followed those recommendations , as did every other Country, barring Croatia

It was our choice and we could have changed the colour at any time we wanted to. Still can!

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The bus didnt say 350mil to NHS. Even today on BBC world the idiot that brought that up was laughrd at. On the other hand today, blatant lies by the guardian and gina miller saying having a blue passport will cost 60 eoros for a visa and will be sent to the back of the queue. Project fear and scaremongering lies. 

And that clearly wasn't the impression the message was meant to convey. LOL

And you still haven't come up with a link to that alleged Gina Miller quote about 60 euro visa charge.

gettyimages-576855020-0.jpg

6 hours ago, Thaidream said:

As an American- can I get a blue British Passport in return for my US Passport .  Some Americans so disgusted with Trump have a desire to rejoin the United Kingdom as a Commonwealth member. We would get rid of Trump and put in one of the royals as Governor-General of the American Territories.

I was in favor of this until I heard I had to give up American baseball and replace it with Cricket. But  what to with Trump- since he has English heritage- possibly a peerage in the English countryside-  hmmm.  cricket anyone!!!   Cheers!!

You would be very welcome Thaidream!  We need as many sensible thinkers in the UK as we can get.  Couple of points though. Trumps ancestry is apparently Scottish so that would be it British-heritage rather than English-heritage.  The English and the Scots are sensitive about such things :smile:

Cricket is not compulsory and we do have baseball in the UK.  Here we call it Rounders and it is mainly played in girls schools :wink:.  We also have our own version of American football.   We call it Rugby but we don't wear body armour and smeared mascara when we play :sorry:.

51 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

OK.Here goes. Your post is full of resentment at the way Britons are treated when abroad. The ridiculous and irrelevant invocation of 2 World Wars and a football championship clearly come from someone smarting from what he perceives as being treated disrespectfully. And the anger embodied in the statement " We can slam our blue books down on hotel counters, when booking in and they will realise that they need to speak proper English and they will have to call the best English speaker there to deal with you'" would be worthy of Basil Faulty, the all time champion of resentment.

I have to confess that I'm half sorry you were being sincere. After Baerboxer questioned the sincerity of your comments, I thought possibly we were being visited by John Cleese himself.

Isn't sanemax using a catheter in his post ? (extracting the urine)I mean he can't be serious, surely?

28 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

And that clearly wasn't the impression the message was meant to convey. LOL

And you still haven't come up with a link to that alleged Gina Miller quote about 60 euro visa charge.

gettyimages-576855020-0.jpg

Its been done to death. It dosntv say anywhere 350 mil will be spent on the NHS