December 24, 20178 yr Not sure this is true, BUT in Phuket it seems to buy a car or bike you NEED a wp>> not just a non O or B visa. Friend went into to ask about buying a new pickup truck, after some talk and such the dealer asked if he had a wp ( he is on a non O Retirement extension) when he said no, the dealer said can't sell an new regulations If this is true its a huge problem for people moving here that are married or on retirement extensions.. Anyone else know if this it true??
December 24, 20178 yr 19 minutes ago, phuketrichard said: If this is true its a huge problem for people moving here that are married or on retirement extensions.. It's OK the wife can buy it.
December 24, 20178 yr I switched to using taxis many years ago (living in Bangkok) but perhaps the WP was actually required to approve a car loan?
December 24, 20178 yr Better not, I just reserved a 2018 Nissan Navara VL 4x4, supposed to deliver by 27th.Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
December 24, 20178 yr I once had an idiot ask to see a work permit when I went down to True in Fortune IT Mall to order a satellite tv service installation for an apartment I was living in back then. I told her 'no, work permit is for working, bring manager' then the problem went away just like the idiot which created it.
December 24, 20178 yr Nothing new. To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required. Nothing has changed.
December 25, 20178 yr Author Nothing new u say>>?? I have cars and bikes in my name, haven't had a wp in over 15 years, never had a yellow book, last bike brought 4 years ago, last car 2 . On a Retirement extension What the new regulation is saying is a WP IS NEEDED and if ur on a marriage or retirement extension ur shit out of luck and a certificate of residence is not enough Edited December 25, 20178 yr by phuketrichard
December 25, 20178 yr Nothing new u say>>?? I have cars and bikes in my name, haven't had a wp in over 15 years, never had a yellow book, last bike brought 4 years ago, last car 2 . On a Retirement extension What the new regulation is saying is a WP IS NEEDED and if ur on a marriage or retirement extension ur shit out of luck and a certificate of residence is not enough Will find out in 3 days, when I get my new truck registered.Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
December 25, 20178 yr 2 hours ago, phuketrichard said: Nothing new u say>>?? I have cars and bikes in my name, haven't had a wp in over 15 years, never had a yellow book, last bike brought 4 years ago, last car 2 . On a Retirement extension What the new regulation is saying is a WP IS NEEDED and if ur on a marriage or retirement extension ur shit out of luck and a certificate of residence is not enough I suggest calling the department of land transport and ask them to confirm this is a new law.
December 25, 20178 yr 5 hours ago, phuketrichard said: Nothing new u say>>?? I have cars and bikes in my name, haven't had a wp in over 15 years, never had a yellow book, last bike brought 4 years ago, last car 2 . On a Retirement extension What the new regulation is saying is a WP IS NEEDED and if ur on a marriage or retirement extension ur shit out of luck and a certificate of residence is not enough There is no new regulation. Just a misunderstanding because of a friend who has seen a dealer and due to language problems or lack of knowledge of the dealer. Edited December 25, 20178 yr by stevenl
December 26, 20178 yr Author 16 hours ago, stevenl said: There is no new regulation. Just a misunderstanding because of a friend who has seen a dealer and due to language problems or lack of knowledge of the dealer. good to know as i stated, i wasn't sure about it... i thought it would be quite a crazy rule
December 28, 20178 yr Picked up my new Nissan Navara VL 4WD today, without WP. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
December 29, 20178 yr On 24/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, stevenl said: Nothing new. To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required. Nothing has changed. Nonsense I've got dozens of vehicles registered in my name at the DLT and I have never been asked for WP even a tourist visa can register a vehicle with a certificate of residence from immigration or embassy...
December 29, 20178 yr 3 hours ago, speedtripler said: Nonsense I've got dozens of vehicles registered in my name at the DLT and I have never been asked for WP even a tourist visa can register a vehicle with a certificate of residence from immigration or embassy... Please read before claiming 'nonsense'. You have registered vehicles with a certificate of residence, as I said " To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required. " (bold font added).
December 29, 20178 yr 4 hours ago, stevenl said: Please read before claiming 'nonsense'. You have registered vehicles with a certificate of residence, as I said " To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required. " (bold font added). On my most recent bought motorcycle the proof of address certificate wasn't even required as the lady who sells them registered it for me (usually I do registering vehicles myself and get a personalised plate at the same time)
December 30, 20178 yr 12 hours ago, speedtripler said: On my most recent bought motorcycle the proof of address certificate wasn't even required as the lady who sells them registered it for me (usually I do registering vehicles myself and get a personalised plate at the same time) There may be an exception on occasion here. Still, my claim is not 'nonsense' but very true. Your claim 'nonsense' though is exactly that, nonsense.
December 30, 20178 yr 13 hours ago, stevenl said: There may be an exception on occasion here. Still, my claim is not 'nonsense' but very true. Your claim 'nonsense' though is exactly that, nonsense. Nonsense
December 30, 20178 yr 8 hours ago, speedtripler said: Nonsense You're pathetic. To buy a vehicle certificate of residence, workpermit of yellow housebook is required.
Create an account or sign in to comment