Easiest/Quickest Way To Get Thai GF to Canada

56 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I think you may be in error here.

Trendy towers process the visa applications to ensure all the information is correct and all documents enclosed. When this is completed and things such as the biometric details are done, it is then passed to the Embassy for consideration of the visa application.

Trendy towers have no say or power over the outcome of a visa application.

I was at the embassy recently. They sent me to Trendy or online vfsglobal. For a visa for Thai girlfriend. Applications no longer taken at embassy. That section permanently closed.

11 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

I was at the embassy recently. They sent me to Trendy or online vfsglobal. For a visa for Thai girlfriend. Applications no longer taken at embassy. That section permanently closed.

That is correct. Applications are no longer taken at the Embassy but they are decided by the Embassy.

Many Embassies no longer accept visa applications, it must be done as you rightly say online and at Trendy. I also was there very recently for a 2-year British visa for my partner. It was processed and accepted by vfsglobal.

It was decided by the British Embassy, then sent back to vfsglobal at Trendy, who forwarded the passport to us. The decision was made by the British Embassy only not vfs. They are a subcontractor for the purpose of processing applications for many Embassies.

In years gone by, the Embassies were clogged up by applications that were incorrectly filled out, wrongly applied for and I recall a number of disgruntled Brits shouting and screaming in the Embassy when their girlfriend of two weeks was refused a visa.

With the new system, all this has ceased, much to the relief of many at the different Embassies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife was a school teacher also. Very hard to get her a visitor visa after you marry or she quits her job. She needs to take a leave of absence.

Ps "no such thing a fiancé visa in Canada"
It's been 5.5 years since I brought her to Canada and we are just going to do the English test next weekend to apply for citizenship . It's a long haul (3 years to get PR) Our first Visitor Visa was denied because we married in Thailand. But our second was approved. Lots of manoeuvring to get that one approved. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Know one critical thing as explained to me by an Immigration Lawyer in Vancouver, approval for visitor visa to Canada starts with Immigration Officer saying NO, then must be fully convinced the Applicant will return to Thailand. Applicant must prove CONSIDERABLE ties to Thailand. Money in the bank means nothing. Quit her job? Big problem for application! Was told 80% of applications denied. Also denial decision is cannot be appealed like UK or other countries. And you will not get to talk to Canada Immigration superiors or Canadian politicians to reverse or influence Officers decision in Bangkok. Good luck.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry.  But after the six months is up? I'm thinking Fiancee visa if they still exist. Is or used to be six months to get married. If not... 

Then again she has $20,000 saved up for a holiday. Buy her a ticket and book her a few hotels? I don't think they'll give her 6 months for that and she has no job here. As has been said better to apply while she still had a reason to come back. 

Go to the embassy explain you would like to get married and as which is the best way to accomplish your goal.
Divorce is cheap if you have a pre-nup...
No fiancé visa available for Canada. Previous PC government killed that 8 years ago!

She can try the visitor visa as it is usually given for 6 month . They will certainly ask her  what she will do in Canada to sustain herself with no job in Thailand now.  How she will afford medical insurance and lodging. Can she speak English well enought to reply question by interviewing officer ? How long she plan to visit,  does she know people  in Canada.. etc etc.. If she mention a young boyfriend that will take care of her in Canada, I am pretty sure they will suspect she want to live with you and refuse the visitor visa.  Another point is she left her employment so she give no real reason to come back in Thailand and it is more suspicious.  It would have been better to request the visa while a teacher and then resign or ask a long non paid holiday for her employer.

Or she can request a " fiance" visa to Immigrate and live with you . This make take a long time to get and then she will never have a visitor visa if she goes this way. She will be know as a possible Immigrant on the database.
There is no fiancé visa for Canada. Gone 8 years ago by PC Gov't.

She may have a better chance if you stay out of the picture.
i have tried and failed three times now. I think Canada could be the most difficult country for a Thai to get a tourist visa.
Absolutely correct. If Immigration Canada thinks one iota that she's visiting a boyfriend in Canada, visa DENIED.

Absolutely correct. If Immigration Canada thinks one iota that she's visiting a boyfriend in Canada, visa DENIED.

Not true. After our first visitor visa was denied. I enrolled her in school in Bangkok and re-applied. Visitor Visa approved

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Anyone that talks about a "marriage visa" has no clue as they are not Canadian. Because "marriage visas" don't exist in Canada.

Step one: apply for sponsorship

I think they may be referring to Permanent Resident Visa, via Family (Spousal) sponsorship.

So much incorrect information on here. Lots of people that have never been through the process giving advice about something they know nothing about.

True. Everything is pretty clear in the Canada Immigration Website. Lots of details to go through, but all necessary information is there.

• Like 1

Not true. After our first visitor visa was denied. I enrolled her in school in Bangkok and re-applied. Visitor Visa approved

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why was she initially denied? Did the enrollment show Immigration Officer 'necessary ties' to Thailand? Seems so. My point was that without such ties to convince the Immigration officer she will return to Thailand, visiting a boyfriend reason does not help the Application.

• 2 weeks later...

Initially denied becuz we were married and as you stated they felt she wouldn't return. Yes enrolling in school showed she would return. Once her visa was approved, once in Canada we extended her visa for continuously till her Permanent Visa was approved.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, diggler171013 said:

So much incorrect information on here. Lots of people that have never been through the process giving advice about something they know nothing about.

I'm glad you had success.  Too bad about your attitude towards others.

• 1 month later...

I got my wife (girlfriend at the time) a 1 year tourist visa, no problem at all (3 years ago).  Submitted the paperwork, gave them all the details they wanted, and could prove financials to "sponsor" the invitation.  Applied for a 1 year renewal, no problem, applied for the next one, and they gave her a five year.  None of it was any trouble at all.  Cross the t's and dot the i's.  They ask for very basic history and family details.  Exactly what I would expect, and hope the Canadian government should do.  Difficult process or unfair?  No.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:32 PM, BellyNeedsJelly said:

You have clearly had very bad experiences in the past, and closed your mind off since. If Canadian Immigration was that strict, they wouldn't allow entry to the thousands of Chinese students who are currently studying all across Canada. And most of them are younger than 25.

I am assuming you do understand how international students manage to study abroad. They don't just rock up at the border saying they are going to try and join at college / university and then are suddenly allowed in. 

The UK (similar to what you say in Canada) has tens of thousands of students from Asia, a huge percentage being Chinese. My wife (Thai) studied a MSc in England from 2015 - 2017 when we lived there. It is quite a long and expensive process to obtain a student visa. I imagine Canada is exactly the same.

You certainly cannot just go to apply for a visa in Thailand to become a student in places like the UK, USA or Canada without huge finances for the course and money for living allowance for the entirety of the visa, all previous relevant qualifications translated into English, a college / university acceptance letter (after a long application process), the UK required proof of a deposit already paid for the course, proof of where she will live, an IELTS test score that is high enough for her to study (not an easy test and can take quite a while to study and book a test), relevant medical checks for the country, evidence of reasons to return to Thailand after the course finishes (family, work, purchases etc), and many other supporting documents and then there is an interview.

All this took my wife well over a year I would say before she got her two year student visa. She was also initially refused as her test for Tuberculosis wasn't 100% clear. I reckon Canada is the same, if not harder than the UK's process.   

Edited by BobbyL
  • Thanks 1