Phuket’s new ‘Chao Fah Mine Bridge’ officially opens

webfact

Phuket’s new ‘Chao Fah Mine Bridge’ officially opens

Shela Riva

1514351615_1-org.jpg

The new Chao Fah Mine Bridge on Chao Fa West Rd in Wichit officially opened yesterday (Dec 26). Photo: Pirapong Pongpradit

PHUKET: After three years in the making and costing B55 million to complete, the “Chao Fah Mine Bridge” on Chao Fa West Rd in Wichit officially opened yesterday (Dec 26).

“The project, which is officially named the ‘Chao Fah Mine Bridge’, finally opened officially yesterday and is a part of the Rural Highway 4051,” project manager Pirapong Pongpradit of Ratchintin Co Ltd told The Phuket News this morning (Dec 27).

“The 175-metre road connects Chao Fa West Rd to Muang Chaofah Rd. It is simply a shortcut to Muang Chaofah Rd,” he said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-new-chao-fah-mine-bridge-officially-opens-65302.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-12-27

“This project has no special relation to King Power, it is just a shortcut to and from the main road,” Mr Pirapong explained.

And of course, everyone knows that King Power are so squeaky clean that they would never become involved with any extracurricular payments.

Total BS, Mr Pirapong! 

• 3 weeks later...

Even assuming that a road there was needed and useful, was a bridge the right way to make it? Couldn't they have just dumped rocks and dirt in and built up a causeway instead of building a bridge? It doesn't look like anybody needs to be able to row a boat into that little end of the lake for anything. Wouldn't building a causeway have been cheaper?

Edited by jerry921
clarity

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

The right turn is still blocked at the end, meaning more u-turns opposite Honda meaning a bigger traffic build-up at peak times.

Why do they do this?

I found that the other day- completely defeats the purpose of that junction. I would not be surprised if there were already crashes there causing them to take this action. I crossed at the Chao Fa road end the other day with the arrow in my lane pointig straight ahead. Somchai to the left of me in the other lane cut right across my bows turning right. I will avoid it as it serves little purpose. Even as a  shortcut from Kathu one still has to navigate the narrow university road.

On 12/28/2017 at 10:23 AM, madmitch said:

“This project has no special relation to King Power, it is just a shortcut to and from the main road,” Mr Pirapong explained.

And of course, everyone knows that King Power are so squeaky clean that they would never become involved with any extracurricular payments.

Total BS, Mr Pirapong! 

Not really- the land is not King Power's- I know someone who is related to the family that owns the land. They donated it, a road gets built, so the value of their land either side increases- not a bad bargain.