3BB vs TOT vs CAT vs AIS (Results for 2017)

image.png.316a10c825c8d679f0b772e434a44055.png

(add +4 hours to graph time, because the graphing server is in another timezone).

Today was probably the worst day for TOT, CAT and AIS. And probably it has to do with so many new people on the island right now.

As I'm speaking, TOT, CAT and AIS international speeds are incredibly slow (100-500 kilobits per connection per second). Info from 3 separate TOT connections, 1 AIS and 1 CAT.

3BB is the best as usual. Info from 2 separate 3BB lines.

So basically, if you're still deciding on what Fiber Provider to go for - choose 3BB. 

It has shown stable results throughout the year and the international speeds are much faster than other providers.

Other providers (from good to bad).

2nd place - TOT.

3rd place - AIS and CAT.

Edited by ethaniel

As a technical doughnut I cannot understand why I get the ol' "You have insufficient bandwidth to stream this programme" on my latest 3BB line yet the line it replaced less than a fortnight ago had no such problems streaming the same programme(s) on the same device.

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

As a technical doughnut I cannot understand why I get the ol' "You have insufficient bandwidth to stream this programme" on my latest 3BB line yet the line it replaced less than a fortnight ago had no such problems streaming the same programme(s) on the same device.

1. What bandwidth did you have and how much now. 

2. Are you streaming from abroad. 

3. Do you use WiFi. 

5 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

1. What bandwidth did you have and how much now. 

2. Are you streaming from abroad. 

3. Do you use WiFi. 

1. I haven't a clue, hence my 'technical doughnut' although my bill went up by over THB 100 p/m when the new line went in.

2. Yes & using a VPN as before &

3. Yes & have done for several years.

Edited by evadgib

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

1. I haven't a clue, hence my 'technical doughnut'.

2. Yes & using a VPN as before &

3. Yes & have done for several years.

3. Try with ethernet cable. 

Normal WiFi transmission is max 54 mbits but normally around 20 mbits. 

If you get better speed with cable but like WiFi, you might consider upgrading your router. 

Try this and report back. https://testmy.net

down arrow Download :: 1.1 Mbps 139 kB/s  up arrow Upload :: 2 Mbps 248 kB/s

Thanks PS, this isn't the offending computer. I do like the idea of a cable as the modem is in the same room as the computer in question and could well solve the problem :)

Edited by evadgib

Thanks Ethaniel, I'm unable to take a photo right now but the following details might help from the box and receipt:

Modem: GPON AN5506-04DG 

Receipt: 3BB FTTx 100M/30M (KP)

I also note that my (wifi) printer no longer works from my kids PC (Homework!) but thankfully still works from my desktop. If I can't fix this (the manual points towards LAN) i'll ask a friend to drop by next week before I cock it up completely :shock1:

Edited by evadgib

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

down arrow Download :: 1.1 Mbps 139 kB/s  up arrow Upload :: 2 Mbps 248 kB/s

Thanks PS, this isn't the offending computer. I do like the idea of a cable as the modem is in the same room as the computer in question and could well solve the problem :)

Wow, that is really bad. 

Sorry do totally not agree and 3BB is not the best based on all testing we have done with 3BB

True mobile

True online

3BB

AND depending on where you are TOT fiber can be better then 3BB

AIS we not know about.

3BB is aware of the test results we did as well jasmine and have till  no solution to solve it.

True also is aware of the test results and did made improvements still the mobile is faster and more stable

Edited by Autonuaq

On 29/12/2017 at 6:56 PM, evadgib said:

Thanks Ethaniel, I'm unable to take a photo right now but the following details might help from the box and receipt:

Modem: GPON AN5506-04DG 

Receipt: 3BB FTTx 100M/30M (KP)

I also note that my (wifi) printer no longer works from my kids PC (Homework!) but thankfully still works from my desktop. If I can't fix this (the manual points towards LAN) i'll ask a friend to drop by next week before I cock it up completely :shock1:

I had 3bb for quite a few years but switched to AIS fiber mainly because of the cable programing. I too could never get My wireless printer to connect to the 3bb router. With AIS it connected right away.

1 hour ago, ethaniel said:

If someone can run a iperf3 on a server, I would be happy to add it to monitoring.

My favourite error message ever,  some 30 years ago. 

"error in sub iperf" ?

Sorry for the computer professional joke.