A family's tears as two year old boy thrown from pick-up to his death in Nong Khai

webfact

A family's tears as two year old boy thrown from pick-up to his death in Nong Khai

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvOTU0LzQ3NzQzMjYvMTQuanBn.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Our picture shows a tragic scene as a family member cradles the corpse of a two year old boy killed in a road accident.

The boy's grandfather Meechai, 40, was taking him and his daughter to pick up his wife at a bank in the north eastern Thai city.

He lost control of his Vigo as he passed the LPG station on the Ponphisai to Nong Khai Road, hit a tree in the central reservation then rolled many times.

Chutithep was thrown from the vehicle and died from a fractured skull and head trauma at the scene.

The driver was only slightly injured in the accident at 4pm yesterday.

Police said CCTV from the gas station showed only one vehicle was involved.

An investigation is underway.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-29

Had the child been in a child safety seat, he would have had a chance, but hey, in Thailand, its all about faith isn't it.

RIP to the child, no doubt the grandfather and the mother will be hurting for a long time, while the government remain as stupid as buffaloes is a paddock.

When will these clowns learn, there is a purpose for seat belts, child safety seat and why people should be in the back of pick ups.

Nuf said, a little hot under the collar....

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Had the child been in a child safety seat, he would have had a chance, but hey, in Thailand, its all about faith isn't it.

RIP to the child, no doubt the grandfather and the mother will be hurting for a long time, while the government remain as stupid as buffaloes is a paddock.

When will these clowns learn, there is a purpose for seat belts, child safety seat and why people should be in the back of pick ups.

Nuf said, a little hot under the collar....

I don't know how I,d feel if that was my child and I shiver at the thought !!!!! Wow Thailand just won't change their safety practices no matter how many or who dies ,truely horrific my heartfelt sorrow for the parents!

43 minutes ago, ThaiTrav said:

I don't know how I,d feel if that was my child and I shiver at the thought !!!!! Wow Thailand just won't change their safety practices no matter how many or who dies ,truely horrific my heartfelt sorrow for the parents!

Do you think it is only Thai who don't use child safety seats? 

44 minutes ago, ThaiTrav said:

I believe it all has to do with education, and if your prepared to be educated and follow others, i.e. not thinking you know best because of your ego, i.e. losing face, you can grow as a person, as for Thai's, or what I know of them, there are some wiling to learn, but that is not at the top level 555

Funny someone mentioned kids safety seat, every morning I take my kid to nursery in her safety seat, and when I drive up every other car driver dropping off their kids won't open their doors until I've gone in dropped her off and got back in the car, to begin with I thought it was just me but it's cause they're being shamed because not one of their kids are being restrained in their respective cars and it embarrasses them, I can see it in their faces. So they know it's wrong but just don't do anything about it.

The Thai Public had a meltdown when the BiB said they were going to stop passengers riding in the back of pickups . I have done it many times  but not for many years so i feel a bit hypocritical but 

it is one regulation that would be worth it even if people had to pay for bus tickets or train tickets to go home.

Yes child safety seats are a must.  I think one problem however is that most Thai children are spoilt rotten to the point they think they are masters of the house.  And I say that having had a lot of experience as a kindergarden teacher for over 10 years. I mean how many times have you seen a mother with a bowl and spoon following a child up the street trying to feed him/her?  I make my niece wear a seatbelt whenever she comes with me and she gives me daggers but she stays because we dont have her often so she doesnt know the limits.  Her parents dont have my luck cause she screams blue murder till unstrapped.  I was behind a car on the open road recently doing about 100kph and a child was standing on the tops of the front seats with a good third of her body sticking up through the sunroof waving at the cars.  I followed  for about 30 minutes and no attempt was made to have her sit down.  I cant imagine her wearing a seatbelt!

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe it all has to do with education, and if your prepared to be educated and follow others, i.e. not thinking you know best because of your ego, i.e. losing face, you can grow as a person, as for Thai's, or what I know of them, there are some wiling to learn, but that is not at the top level 555

The biggest problem is changing the Thai "this does not apply to me so I will do as I please" attitude so that they will accept the education.

How the hell do you change their attitude????????

Guest Jerry787

by the description seem the driver was quite speeding to turn the car upside down more then twice, indeed a proper baby seat tied to the seat belt most probably would have saved the child.

9 hours ago, xen said:

The Thai Public had a meltdown when the BiB said they were going to stop passengers riding in the back of pickups . I have done it many times  but not for many years so i feel a bit hypocritical but 

it is one regulation that would be worth it even if people had to pay for bus tickets or train tickets to go home.

As I recall, it was Prayuth who said it, then almost immediately backpedalled. Face, presumably, over common sense. 

Have to assume he plans to stand for election. Otherwise, he might as well enforce everything he threatens to; nothing to lose. 

As I recall, it was Prayuth who said it, then almost immediately backpedalled. Face, presumably, over common sense. 

Have to assume he plans to stand for election. Otherwise, he might as well enforce everything he threatens to; nothing to lose. 

Unfortunately 'common sense ' is rarely applied here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you can change behavior via behavior modification, attitude follows...

we have an attitude for the value of safety seats b/c we were raised in a culture where our behavior was modified due to evidence of child seats stats and attitude and compliance follows...

thailand lacks that whole entire infrastructure to reach that point of safety thinking....

it starts with education buy in and then enforcement...

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

we have an attitude for the value of safety seats b/c we were raised in a culture where our behavior was modified due to evidence of child seats stats and attitude and compliance follows...

thailand lacks that whole entire infrastructure to reach that point of safety thinking....

The biggest problem is changing their attitudes and behaviour and I am sorry to say that high penalties and strict enforcement is the only thing that works. If you hit a person hard enough and often enough in the pocket then they start to look at things differently and they will change their attitude and their behaviour then you can educate them.

Australia tried to use shock videos and advertisements without any success but when they increased the fines and did strict enforcement then things changed and now Australia has again lowered its road toll by another 3.8% to just under 1,000 and they are still not happy with that figure. So lowering the road toll here in Thailand can be done if only someone in the top position had the balls to make the decision to enforce ALL the Land Traffic Act right across the whole of Thailand and not just in Bangkok

Edited by Russell17au

21 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The biggest problem is changing the Thai "this does not apply to me so I will do as I please" attitude so that they will accept the education.

How the hell do you change their attitude????????

Now that's going to be a lot difficult, 1st they have to know what attitude is, they have it, but do they know it, and what it is, and would possibly tell you that their father or mother gave it to them.

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now that's going to be a lot difficult, 1st they have to know what attitude is, they have it, but do they know it, and what it is, and would possibly tell you that their father or mother gave it to them.

That is the big problem, but the attitude must be changed somewhere along the line or you can just give up trying because you will not be able to educate any of them until you change their attitude.

No different to what was in Australia but they successfully changed their attitude there.

Thailand needs to look at some of these other countries to see what they have done to change drivers attitude and successfully lowered the road toll in those countries and if Thailand asked I am sure that some of those countries would help

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Unfortunately Thailand's reputation with honesty prevents you from believing their stats.  I mean how the <deleted> can you have road death statistics that dont include those who die in an ambulance, or at hospital, from injuries caused by the accident??

8 hours ago, markaoffy said:

2 year old in back of pick up! Thais who have no right to make these decisions on behalf of those they are responsible for but the nation of “irresponsibility” will never change and yes never is a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Who says the child was in the back of the Pickup ??. I read it as the child was thrown out of the cab after it rolled several times.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, TKDfella said:

What a tragedy! My condolences to the family

Nice comment for a change TDK 

The child has past but the family left behind are the one who will suffer for a  life time

No one knows the pain of losing a child unless they have experienced it

So believe me the pain is deep and it doesn't go away

As mentioned thousands of times by thousands of people, traffic law non-enforcement is biggest obstacle to deterring and reducing accidents. Nobody at the Top including The Almighty Powerful PM willing to truly reform the RTP. Instead They call army to intervene into local law enforcement occasionally. Sad.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app