A family's tears as two year old boy thrown from pick-up to his death in Nong Khai

webfact

Yes, enforcement needs to be stronger ...... but education also has it's place. Have you ever seen adverts for child safety seats, government information adverts or even found a shop that sells them? I have only ever seen them on sale in Robinson's, and at a pretty price. The average Thai has never seen a child safety seat, and the price would make them think twice. 

What Thailand needs, is for all Car sale show rooms to have child safety seats on show, with an assistant who knows how to fit them and can explain the benefits. Also a range of basic (maybe subsidised?) seats for the less well off. 

My daughter has now outgrown a child seat but haven't seen a bolster seat for her. She wears the lap part of an adult seatbelt, but with the chest portion behind her (to avoid neck injuries). She doesn't complain about using it. 

I still find that when family members are in the back seats, they do not automatically put seat belts on. Have to remind them. At least the wife remembers 95% of the time......