Certificate of Residence

How does my wife get one which would enable her to sell our truck whose documentation is all in her name? She's a Filipino, worked here on Non B and Work Permit for 11 + years. We moved to China last year and she's now a foreign resident there, my dependent. I'm thinking she could apply to Thai embassy in Shanghai for Non-immigrant Visa and then return to Thailand, get certificate of residence and flog truck. As always any help gratefully received.

Normally a certificate of residence is not required to sell a vehicle. There are a few department of land transport offices that may want it though.

If needed the easy way might be for her to get a proof of address affidavit done at the Philippine embassy here.

New Requirements:  I have just been to Immigration in Promenada to get a Certificate of Residence in order to buy a car.

A new clerkess at the desk (she actually sat it the desk instead od disappearing for a long time) now required me to obtain the original TM30 form and a copy. It of course is in the bowels of the Immigration system Even the reciept in stapled into my passport was insufficient. She now needs to get my wife's ID, House Book and our Thai Marriage Certificate, All with copies. I have not on two previous ocassions needed these.

In addition, the hours for aceptance of application is now 9.00am to 11.00am

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Maybole said:

New Requirements:  I have just been to Immigration in Promenada to get a Certificate of Residence in order to buy a car.

A new clerkess at the desk (she actually sat it the desk instead od disappearing for a long time) now required me to obtain the original TM30 form and a copy. It of course is in the bowels of the Immigration system Even the reciept in stapled into my passport was insufficient. She now needs to get my wife's ID, House Book and our Thai Marriage Certificate, All with copies. I have not on two previous ocassions needed these.

In addition, the hours for aceptance of application is now 9.00am to 11.00am

And for all those who ask what is the benefit of obtaining your own Tabien Baan..........this is a classic example of why!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maybole said:

But you need a Residence Certificate to get a Tabien Ban.

Not in my neck of the woods.

Homeowners Tabien Baan and their ID card as well as their permission and attendance to sign the application form.

Worst case, the OP's girlfriend could enter Thailand on a visa exempt entry, book a cheap hotel in the Pattaya area, then go to Jomtien immigration for the residence certificate, they will issue one using a receipt from the hotel, no need to go to the bother of getting a visa.

I have a question to ask about the Certificate of Residence,

I have 3 different application form for the same thing and I do not know what one to use.

Could someone please help.

Application Form for Residence Certificate'.pdf

Application Form Residence Certificate In Thailand.pdf

Form TM18. Substitute Certificate of Residence Application Form.pdf

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Either of the first two will be accepted.

The 3rd one is for those with permanent residency to get a new certificate of residency..

Thanks very much Ubonjoe, we can always depend on you for the right answer.

Have a happy and prosperous 2018

The last Certificate of Residency that I required was in 2011 and it cost me Bht 500.00 (Surin Immigration). I am informed that they are now free in said office. However, another Immigration office appears to charge Bht 1,500.00 for the letter. Is this another case of each office being left to their own devices?

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

The last Certificate of Residency that I required was in 2011 and it cost me Bht 500.00 (Surin Immigration). I am informed that they are now free in said office. However, another Immigration office appears to charge Bht 1,500.00 for the letter. Is this another case of each office being left to their own devices?

Somebody wrote here in this forum somewhere that by law it should be free (of course without telling where exactly in the law you find this, so who knows, could also be that it's simply up to the immigration office)

But most offices seem to charge 500thb, i did never saw a post by somebody that they got charged 1500thb