Trump wants Postal Service to charge 'much more' for Amazon shipments

rooster59

12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

By the way, the owner of Amazon also had a bankruptcy in 2001

Evidence PLEASE. If referring to Webvan, that was not an Amazon subsidiary at the time of it's bankruptcy. Before the colossal Webvan failure in 2001, it acquired HomeGrocer...which Amazon had investments in. The HomeGrocer brand was purchased out of bankruptcy and eventually ended up being owned by Amazon.

Bezos also plucked and resurrected Webvan.com from the bankruptcy ashes and has hired several former Webvan officials to run AmazonFresh. :coffee1:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Evidence PLEASE. If referring to Webvan, that was not an Amazon subsidiary at the time of it's bankruptcy.

Don't chang me words to push your agenda.

I never said that a Amazon subsidiary went bankrupt, I said that the owner of Amazon which is Jeff Bezos had a bankruptcy in 2001, and yes that was Webvan

37 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Don't chang me words to push your agenda.

I never said that a Amazon subsidiary went bankrupt, I said that the owner of Amazon which is Jeff Bezos had a bankruptcy in 2001, and yes that was Webvan

Evidence PLEASE! To be crystal clear...Jeff Bezos had no involvement with Webvan when it started or ceased operations. Webvan was founded by Louis Borders of Borders Book notoriety. The CEO was George Shaheen. No Jeff Bezos. Now go back and re- read my previous post as many times as it takes until the content is understood.

Challenge to you...please provide any shred of evidence that your claim of Jeff Bezos (or any Bezos company) having ever filed for bankruptcy is true. 

24 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Evidence PLEASE! To be crystal clear...Jeff Bezos had no involvement with Webvan when it started or ceased operations. Webvan was founded by Louis Borders of Borders Book notoriety. The CEO was George Shaheen. No Jeff Bezos. Now go back and re- read my previous post as many times as it takes until the content is understood.

Challenge to you...please provide any shred of evidence that your claim of Jeff Bezos (or any Bezos company) having ever filed for bankruptcy is true. 

I stand corrected, Jeff Bezos was not directly involved in the Webvan bankruptcy.

I got fooled by a Google link to forum which was discussing the very same topic last year, but there are no further details about it in that thread.

" Jeff Bezos just moved up to take third place as the richest man.
Forbes Welcome

But, like Donald Trump, Jeff Bezos had a bankruptcy. It was in 2001. Yes, he went bust big time. But, he learned from his failure how to succeed. So, he succeeded big time.
"

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

I stand corrected, Jeff Bezos was not directly involved in the Webvan bankruptcy.

I got fooled by a Google link to forum which was discussing the very same topic last year, but there are no further details about it in that thread.

Forbes Welcome

But, like Donald Trump, Jeff Bezos had a bankruptcy. It was in 2001. Yes, he went bust big time. But, he learned from his failure how to succeed. So, he succeeded big time.
"

except that Trump repeatedly made the same mistake: overpaying for assets. In other words, the great negotiator got out-negotiated.

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Forbes Welcome

"

The included quote above is still very misleading at best. There are no further details in that thread about Bezos' bankruptcy because it never happened. 

Just to clarify for all...Forbes never made that statement. Rather, it was made by an anonymous poster called "Patrick" on a thread in DebatePolitics. "Patrick", while actually defending Bezos as compared to Trump, made that bogus Bezos bankruptcy claim, to which there is zero truth.